EBay

Brilliant!

Model franchises make the playoffs every year since '90-'91 (winning four cups), draft the best two-way player in the game #171 overall and another amazing player #210 overall, etc. Maybe Bettman should be pushing a team like that as a model franchise, instead of the Pens?

As much as I hate the Red Wings, I 100% agree. I also think the Flyers deserve to be mentioned as the top of the next level tier as the Red Wings are on a level by themselves.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my purple Kings one in the mail! All good :thumbsup:

I ordered a Canes jersey from them a few weeks back...good to go.

On the other topic...Model franchises apparently also have fanbases with raging persecution complexes.

"I hear Bettman was talking smack about the Red Wings in study hall!"

I dunno about you guys but I've never associated Bettman with words like logic or common sense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bettman was a lawyer by trade, which.. makes a lot of sense

As a soon to be lawyer, I need to call out this silly statement. I can understand complaining about ethics and morals, but logic? Come on man.

Awww, no hard feelings! Please allow me to cheer you up with a joke!

A big city lawyer went duck hunting in rural Tennessee. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence to collect the bird, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing.

The lawyer replied, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field. Now I'm going in to retrieve it."

The old farmer looked the lawyer in the eyes and stated firmly, "This is my property, and you are not coming over here."

The lawyer huffed angrily, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the country. If you don't let me get my duck, I'll sue you."

The old farmer smiled. "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in Tennessee. We settle small disagreements like this with the Tennessee Three Kick Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What's the Tennessee Three Kick Rule?"

The Farmer answered, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."

The attorney thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.

The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the lawyer. His first kick to the shin had the lawyer hopping around on one foot when suddenly the farmer planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees. The attorney was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to pass out.

The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old coot, now it's my turn."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck.

Expect a lawsuit in the mail ;)

Or we dislike them because the fan base was non-existent at two different periods in their history until they were finally terrible enough in the correct years to draft generational talent. You seem like a nice person and all, but the fan base should be glad they still have a team, but still the league and Pens' fans want to push the idea that they have a great organization down the rest of the league's throat which is a joke. Model franchises don't go bankrupt, fail to pay their players and almost relocate. Just Sayin' :)

CAN OF WORMS or what!

YET, we can still put together cup winning teams with the picks and the crappy franchise. Something Mr. "Next One" Lindros couldn't do.

You don't see the Leafs or the Islanders winning cups with their 1st rounders.

I think it might have to do with this Mario Lemieux guy but I could be wrong.

P.S. Bobby Clark ain't s***.

CAN OF WORMS or what!

YET, we can still put together cup winning teams with the picks and the crappy franchise. Something Mr. "Next One" Lindros couldn't do.

Any franchise that deliberately loses games to get a higher draft pick deserves to be out of the league and in the AHL. That way we get rid of the Pens, Devils, and the Senators. The first two had a tanking contest for Mr. Lemieux (Devils obviously sucked less and lost), and Ottawa tanked for Mr. Daigle. Fine with me.

Any franchise that deliberately loses games to get a higher draft pick deserves to be out of the league and in the AHL. That way we get rid of the Pens, Devils, and the Senators. The first two had a tanking contest for Mr. Lemieux (Devils obviously sucked less and lost), and Ottawa tanked for Mr. Daigle. Fine with me.

Oh. so the same thing happend every year with Crosby, Malkin and Flurry?

Or is it just good ol fashion scouting and team management and skilled trades?!?!

naa couldn't be that.

Oh. so the same thing happend every year with Crosby, Malkin and Flurry?

Or is it just good ol fashion scouting and team management and skilled trades?!?!

naa couldn't be that.

Where did I say any of that? I said they deserve not be in the league for Tanking to get Lemieux. No one can argue that, true Pens fans know this was the case.

Also, you probably wouldn't have won in '91 or '92 if you hadn't held the Whalers at gunpoint for Ron Francis, Ulf Samuelsson, and Grant Jennings.

The fact remains that you guys were the Phoenix Coyotes before Crosby came along, and if the League didn't decide to kick Jim Bassile in the balls every time he shows up, there would be no franchise in Pittsburgh. Don't act all high and mighty about having a great, prosperous franchise. Be lucky you still exist, own up to it, and leave it at that. Maybe, just maybe, you'd get a sliver of respect then.

CAN OF WORMS or what!

Boston's going to win a cup with all the Leafs 1st rounders. Does that count?

The fact remains that you guys were the Phoenix Coyotes before Crosby came along, and if the League didn't decide to kick Jim Bassile in the balls every time he shows up, there would be no franchise in Pittsburgh. Don't act all high and mighty about having a great, prosperous franchise. Be lucky you still exist, own up to it, and leave it at that. Maybe, just maybe, you'd get a sliver of respect then.

Hey the League only had to rig an entire draft to ensure he ended up there.

Where did I say any of that? I said they deserve not be in the league for Tanking to get Lemieux. No one can argue that, true Pens fans know this was the case.

Also, you probably wouldn't have won in '91 or '92 if you hadn't held the Whalers at gunpoint for Ron Francis, Ulf Samuelsson, and Grant Jennings.

I think Kool Moe Dee said it best with "How do you like me now!"

You also missed the fallen one, Jagr, Stevens, Coffey. wow what a great team. Then AND now. They must do a lot of dumping.

Jim wanted to buy Phoenix not the pen's. that was more of a rumor. He talked to Lemieux once and it fell apart after one day. It was more "thanks but no thanks" meeting.

Oh well. 1 cup, two finials, scoring title, and a MVP in 3 years ain't to shabby but hey! at least the Rangers got Avery to make their games worth watching. :thumbsup:

I'm sure a bunch of you just watched this guy end -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290522495680&si=RuxG99oqwMxmh%252FLjNxJM7ius5%252BQ%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

To each his own, but I don't know that any replica (even with tags) is worth $1250!

...it makes me want to go visit every salvation army I can find this weekend

Hmm i am sitting on 4 replicas with tags on them :closedeyes:

I didn't think that jersey would go for so much.I had a bid of $250 on it but then it just got out of hand.I thought it would go for $500

dude put one of your up right this second ....thats crazy 1200 for a replica wtf is happening must be a joke

I don't have them lettered yet.I don't have an XL.The ones with tags i only have 1 small 2 Mediums and 1 Large