EBay

Brilliant!

wonder how much this is gonna go for(if its definetly legit that is)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190496836652

Its legit.

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009308

I echo the why is he selling it sentiment, but also remember its from the Pool B Championships of 1970 not the top pool. The US was relegated the year before.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its legit.

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009308

I echo the why is he selling it sentiment, but also remember its from the Pool B Championships of 1970 not the top pool. The US was relegated the year before.

It's from a family member and it's still a piece of USA Hockey history, but that's just me. I'd never part of it unless it was a dire situation.

5k for a hockey jersey? I can think of much better things to do with that kind of money.

:noway:

No, $5K is nuts for a jersey from todays market.

when have you ever seen another one of these around?

in todays market when each team wears SO many sets of jerseys and some of the stars wear a different one per game, a piece of hockey history like that deserves the price NOT to mention that it was worn by one of the greatest coaches in US hockey history.

:thumbsup:

5k for a hockey jersey? I can think of much better things to do with that kind of money.

Cool story man. You do realize that any value on these things are based on what people will pay for them. There are tons of game worn hockey jerseys that cost that much or more. Just because YOU don't want to pay for it, doesn't mean other people won't.

What do you guys think of this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=230577538681&si=yJ48dwkY339QW5P7X%252FNAQ2t%252BAbs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT I threw in a bid thinking I wasn't going to win it, but am still waiting for pictures before I pay for it. Do you think its a repro from the era, and I'd have to buy a fight strap?

it game used from the 70's. that a fairly good price IMO

Gamers always go for large. 10k for a Wayne or Mario to start.

Cool story man. You do realize that any value on these things are based on what people will pay for them. There are tons of game worn hockey jerseys that cost that much or more. Just because YOU don't want to pay for it, doesn't mean other people won't.

What do you guys think of this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=230577538681&si=yJ48dwkY339QW5P7X%252FNAQ2t%252BAbs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT I threw in a bid thinking I wasn't going to win it, but am still waiting for pictures before I pay for it. Do you think its a repro from the era, and I'd have to buy a fight strap?

Seller runs this site. He screwed me out of $250 on a 1980 Team USA jersey. He sells reproductions mostly. I've heard good things about him in the past other than my experience.

https://vintagehockeyclassics.com/Home_Page.html

Seller runs this site. He screwed me out of $250 on a 1980 Team USA jersey. He sells reproductions mostly. I've heard good things about him in the past other than my experience.

https://vintagehockeyclassics.com/Home_Page.html

:rolleyes:

i've had talks with him before..he sells reproductions.

another site that u can get stars and other jerseys is:

http://www.vintageminnesotahockey.com

the people that make the stars are the same ones that made them for the team for a couple yrs, Pedersons.

they do really good Fighting Saints jerseys too.

That's exactly the reason I don't trust eBay, and why "trusted seller" doesn't mean anything to me. You're in the minority of honest sellers, I find that most people on eBay are trying to make a few bucks and they don't care about how they advertise.

I strongly disagree. I've been using eBay for 12+ years and I've found most sellers I've dealt with to be very honest. The problem is they are often uneducated on what they sell since they aren't collectors or full-time retailers, and many of them are leary of being ripped off by buyers.

Two of the examples you gave "stitched" and "authentic" are things that mean different things depending on your education level on jerseys. Many people think authentic means not fake, an actual licensed NHL product. It's only hard core jersey fans who distinguish between a replica jersey and an authentic on-field/on-ice jersey. Same goes for stitching. People look at a crest and see a stitched edge, they think it's stitched. This is the case for most replicas. Heat-pressed/glued or screen printed jerseys exist in other sports and don't always have a stitched finished edge, so it's understandable they don't know the difference.

It's your job as an educated buyer to learn what to look for and what questions to ask. Know what the features of an authentic on-ice jersey is, so you don't have to go by the seller's definition. Know that most factory customized replicas and most replicas in general don't have stitched on customization. Ask the seller to turn the jersey inside out to confirm it is stitched if that's important to you.

:rolleyes:

i've had talks with him before..he sells reproductions.

another site that u can get stars and other jerseys is:

http://www.vintageminnesotahockey.com

the people that make the stars are the same ones that made them for the team for a couple yrs, Pedersons.

they do really good Fighting Saints jerseys too.

You can ask him for me why he never sent me my jersey, never responded to any emails or calls after I paid, and why it conveniently takes 3 months to make a custom 1980 USA jersey which is coincidentally the same amount of time Paypal has as a statute of limitations for claims.

I told him that I wasn't interested in a reproduction, and that his listing made the jersey out to be like it was from 1983 (which its not even of that style which I my fault for not looking up). He told me that its a remake using the materials of the past, which I said I wasn't interested in, and proceeded to tell me it was a great deal, and that gamers that sell for 330 dollars are lower quality. I told him, thanks but no thanks (he made sure to let me know he didn't need the money, thank god) and that if I found a gamer for 330 dollars it would be in my closet already.

Ultimately kids, don't assume anything, and always ask many questions and look everything up. I failed to do Milt Byron's number one rule "DO YOUR HOMEWORK" and I almost got burned. I am fully at fault, and thank god the seller was understanding when I said I did not want to buy it, even if he did not agree.

You can ask him for me why he never sent me my jersey, never responded to any emails or calls after I paid, and why it conveniently takes 3 months to make a custom 1980 USA jersey which is coincidentally the same amount of time Paypal has as a statute of limitations for claims.

:(

sorry for your loss.. the reason i never got anything from him is i asked ALOT of questions and he hee-hawd with answers and when he did answer, his attitude sux.. i'll spend my $$ with a less arrogant seller... just my opinion.

:P

:(

sorry for your loss.. the reason i never got anything from him is i asked ALOT of questions and he hee-hawd with answers and when he did answer, his attitude sux.. i'll spend my $$ with a less arrogant seller... just my opinion.

:P

The worst part was he and I had LONG phone conversations about jersey collecting, vintage jersey designs, etc. He truly seemed like a great guy. Actually taught me a good bit about the 1980 USA hockey team and their jerseys.

Unfortunately, our "transaction" just didn't work out for me. Live and learn, I guess.

Oh well. I think at least one person on here has bought something from him on eBay and the transaction went perfectly well. I just wouldn't trust buying anything off his site that needs to be "custom made" though. Just my two cents.

I think you really understand very little about game worn jerseys and collecting. That Jersey is a historical jersey worth easily 10k

you really have no clue what you are talking about

I'm a hockey fan, I like jerseys, I own jerseys, I want more jerseys. However, I don't "collect" them. Collecting things is an expensive hobby, clearly, from the fact that the USA gamer went for 5k. I don't need to "know anything" about "collecting" to know that unless it goes 0 to 60 in 4 seconds, it's not worth thousands of dollars to me. Don't take it personally, I feel the same way about people who spend 10's of thousands of dollars on a watch. I see people walking around with Boliva watches, Rolex, etc and I ask myself why anyone would pay that kind of money for something that tells you what time it is. I spent 30 bucks on my watch, and it tells me what time it is just as good as a $40,000 watch. Sure, it may not look fancy and I'm not going to impress anyone with it, but I'm not trying to impress anyone.

I'm not rich, I don't have 5k to blow on anything, much less a hockey jersey. If I had 5k to spend on something, it better go "vrooom". It's not a knock on any of you guys, I understand you're all collectors. I'm not, I don't have the money to have any expensive hobbies. I had to give up the one thing I actually enjoy doing because I can't afford it anymore, so I'm certainly not in any position to spend thousands of dollars on something unnecessary and I'll never understand why someone would. Game worn or not, a hockey jersey is not and never will be that valuable to me. I can live without it, I'll be much happier with that money in my pocket.

I think you really understand very little about game worn jerseys and collecting. That Jersey is a historical jersey worth easily 10k

you really have no clue what you are talking about

I'm a hockey fan, I like jerseys, I own jerseys, I want more jerseys. However, I don't "collect" them. Collecting things is an expensive hobby, clearly, from the fact that the USA gamer went for 5k. I don't need to "know anything" about "collecting" to know that unless it goes 0 to 60 in 4 seconds, it's not worth thousands of dollars to me. Don't take it personally, I feel the same way about people who spend 10's of thousands of dollars on a watch. I see people walking around with Boliva watches, Rolex, etc and I ask myself why anyone would pay that kind of money for something that tells you what time it is. I spent 30 bucks on my watch, and it tells me what time it is just as good as a $40,000 watch. Sure, it may not look fancy and I'm not going to impress anyone with it, but I'm not trying to impress anyone.

I'm not rich, I don't have 5k to blow on anything, much less a hockey jersey. If I had 5k to spend on something, it better go "vrooom". It's not a knock on any of you guys, I understand you're all collectors. I'm not, I don't have the money to have any expensive hobbies. I had to give up the one thing I actually enjoy doing because I can't afford it anymore, so I'm certainly not in any position to spend thousands of dollars on something unnecessary and I'll never understand why someone would. Game worn or not, a hockey jersey is not and never will be that valuable to me. I can live without it, I'll be much happier with that money in my pocket.

While I understand you can find better things for 5 grand, there are people out there lucky enough to have the means to really collect jerseys. I can't afford it either, but I can understand why it is worth that to a certain group of people. Now, I am not Canadian, but can understand why this jersey went for the price that it did.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=569

Wrap your head around that final price...

Why are we still talking about this that USA jersey is worth 5 times 5k. That jersey is historic, herb brooks is USA hockey royalty. It is utterly ridiculous that someone on a jersey collecting forum would post he doesnt believe any jersey is worth 5k.

people buy jacket, pens, stamps, cards, dolls and although i would never pay 5k for a stamp i can understand they are collectors and to them a certain item might be worth whatever they are paying. For someone to say that they are on crack obviously does not understand what collecting anything is about.

this is not a personal attack i dont know you but you are new on the board and you are basically saying i am on crack because i have 10 jerseys over 5k.

If you dont agree with collecting jerseys thats fine but dont post in a forum that is dedicated to collecting jerseys.

Does that one MILIION!?

While I understand you can find better things for 5 grand, there are people out there lucky enough to have the means to really collect jerseys. I can't afford it either, but I can understand why it is worth that to a certain group of people. Now, I am not Canadian, but can understand why this jersey went for the price that it did.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=56&lotid=569

Wrap your head around that final price...

I know, buddy this is like the 2nd or 3rd time you have told everyone you aren't in collecting or getting a sweater correct, and that no one will know anyways. I guess I just don't understand what you are trying to accomplish on this board. Many people on here have been trying to help you find that liberty sweater, myself included. This board is a symbiotic place we all help each other if we can, but it seems like your plan is to get what you want and belittle the hobby along the way. You are posting about 7-8 times a day and its usually about nothing. Just relax with all the useless commenting and post questions or something helpful.

That being said here are a few well priced ultrafils:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TORONTO-MAPLE-LEAFS-CCM-AUTHENTIC-ULTRAFIL-JERSEY-48-/160537954089?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2560cec729

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-OTTAWA-SENATORS-Jersey-Red-48-Koho-Ultrafil-/330522838685?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf4b2469d