EBay

Brilliant!

Incorrect my friend. You have to follow the return policy in the auction listing. that's it!

If it says "7 day money back, buyer pays return shipping" then you pay the shipping. It's in stone.

Well thats how it always works with an honest seller, this seller also didnt mention any stains whatsoever. I would try and handle within the case, i had an issue like this before and the case settled it, as long as you can provide information on whats going on.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would never buy anything off eBay that didn't have pictures of the actual item. I assume it's fake or they don't actually have what they're selling if they can't take the time to upload anything more than a stock photo.

I personally would never buy anything off eBay that didn't have pictures of the actual item. I assume it's fake or they don't actually have what they're selling if they can't take the time to upload anything more than a stock photo.

This is very true. More often than not a stock photo is a "red flag" for a FAKE jersey. This one is probably fake as well. And factor in what the other guys said above, I'd avoid that thing.

I still wouldn't buy it. It shows laziness on the part of the seller. If you can't show me pictures of the exact jersey I'm buying, I can't give you my money.

if it is a stock photo then it better be a well approved seller.

I still wouldn't buy it. It shows laziness on the part of the seller. If you can't show me pictures of the exact jersey I'm buying, I can't give you my money.

lol thats kinda stupid. If its a well approved seller with a high approval % and it shows reviews of people that have bought similar items then it really should not matter.

Well my friend was just had on eBay by a guy with 100% positive feedback over I don't know how many years. Guy sold him a Richter Liberty NWOT, advertised as having the lettering and number kits sewn on and all they are is heat pressed. AND the guy had pictures of the jersey, so even that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Reputable sellers mean nothing to me, I don't really use eBay but I'm going to start using it more for jerseys. I'll find a select group of people to deal with and save them to My eBay. I don't care about a seller's reputation with anyone else, because I could always be the one guy who gets screwed. When a seller builds a reputation with me, that's when I'll trust that seller.

lol thats kinda stupid. If its a well approved seller with a high approval % and it shows reviews of people that have bought similar items then it really should not matter.

in a box....?......reminds me of a certain song.......... :lol:

1, cut a hole a in the box.

Well my friend was just had on eBay by a guy with 100% positive feedback over I don't know how many years. Guy sold him a Richter Liberty NWOT, advertised as having the lettering and number kits sewn on and all they are is heat pressed. AND the guy had pictures of the jersey, so even that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Reputable sellers mean nothing to me, I don't really use eBay but I'm going to start using it more for jerseys. I'll find a select group of people to deal with and save them to My eBay. I don't care about a seller's reputation with anyone else, because I could always be the one guy who gets screwed. When a seller builds a reputation with me, that's when I'll trust that seller.

That seller was half truthful with that jersey...the letters were sewn together but everything is then heatpressed onto and not sewn through the jersey (thats how those old ccm replica jerseys were made but he advertized it as authentic as that as half truth as well since it was real just a replicas)...but still that wasnt right the seller should be 100% truthful...ebay is hit and miss just like most places..most are garbage but from time to time you will find a gem and at good price as well.

I have a Koho replica, which was made by CCM, where the lettering and numbers are sewn to the jersey. That's the only way I've ever seen them. The Starter replica I have coming is advertised the same way, everything sewn. I just hope I get what was advertised.

Edit: It was actually advertised as authentic, which I know it's not because there's no fight strap and that's fine with me. I just hope everything is in fact sewn, as was advertised.

That seller was half truthful with that jersey...the letters were sewn together but everything is then heatpressed onto and not sewn through the jersey (thats how those old ccm replica jerseys were made but he advertized it as authentic as that as half truth as well since it was real just a replicas)...but still that wasnt right the seller should be 100% truthful...ebay is hit and miss just like most places..most are garbage but from time to time you will find a gem and at good price as well.

I have a Koho replica, which was made by CCM, where the lettering and numbers are sewn to the jersey. That's the only way I've ever seen them. The Starter replica I have coming is advertised the same way, everything sewn. I just hope I get what was advertised.

Edit: It was actually advertised as authentic, which I know it's not because there's no fight strap and that's fine with me. I just hope everything is in fact sewn, as was advertised.

Any replica that was precustomized (meaning ones that were customized for sale through retail without making a special order for one to get customized plus what i hated about this players that worn the alternate A in most cases were never put on these jerseys just the Captain's C), that was the way they were made. I got a jagr blue liberty jersey late in the 05-06 season that didnt have the A on them and i asked the attendant at a BC sports and he said they dont put the A on the jerseys because people didnt like them that way (which i think is total bs since "C" were put on them). The one you have must be a customized job if it was sewned through the jersey (there better that way). But that replica's letters are sewn technically but the method applied to the jersey was different.

As long as the Gretzky I bought is as advertised (everything sewn on) I don't care how it was made. There's a difference between layers being sewn together and everything being "sewn on". The words "sewn on" clearly advertise that the lettering and numbers are sewn to the jersey material. Not that they're sewn to each other and then glued to the jersey. That should be advertised as heat pressed.

Big difference.

Any replica that was precustomized (meaning ones that were customized for sale through retail without making a special order for one to get customized plus what i hated about this players that worn the alternate A in most cases were never put on these jerseys just the Captain's C), that was the way it they were made. The one you have must be a customized job if it was sewned through the jersey (there better that way). But that replica's letters are sewn technically but the method applied to the jersey was different.

As long as the Gretzky I bought is as advertised (everything sewn on) I don't care how it was made. There's a difference between layers being sewn together and everything being "sewn on". The words "sewn on" clearly advertise that the lettering and numbers are sewn to the jersey material. Not that they're sewn to each other and then glued to the jersey. That should be advertised as heat pressed.

Big difference.

You are correct. When I sold my Hejduk Avs that was like that, I specified the numbers were sewn together, but they were heat sealed to the jersey.

Big difference.

Your Gretzky should be fine. Starter always sewn on everything for the replicas so you should be good on that one.

That's exactly the reason I don't trust eBay, and why "trusted seller" doesn't mean anything to me. You're in the minority of honest sellers, I find that most people on eBay are trying to make a few bucks and they don't care about how they advertise. I've never sold anything, anywhere, mostly because I like to keep things even if I have no use for them (I have a closet full of old bowling balls in my basement) but if I ever did sell anything, I'd advertise it properly.

You are correct. When I sold my Hejduk Avs that was like that, I specified the numbers were sewn together, but they were heat sealed to the jersey.

It didn't sell the last time he listed it because the reserve wasn't met. I wonder if he's lowered it. Regardless, that is a really spectacular piece of USA Hockey history.

Man, I'm not sure why he would be selling that??????