EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good example of bidding ragers. I never seen that ccm logo like that on a Liberty Jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-WAYNE-GRETZKY-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-PRO-JERSEY-/140508942570?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item20b6fc50ea

Good example of bidding ragers. I never seen that ccm logo like that on a Liberty Jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item20b6fc50ea

I dont know if its just me but that thing looks weird.

Here's a Wildwing with a pretty good BIN price:

My link

I bought that sellers second Wild Wing jersey :thumbsup:

check out this guys insulting replys....... :blink:

My link

not only to the negatives, also the neutrals.

wiping away the tears :::: Go ###### on yourself, you parasite

Yikes. I just spent 10 minutes going through and then I realized that I was way too into this lol. That guy seems like a major doucher. Witty, but still a doucher.

My link

not only to the negatives, also to the neutrals.

watch out for this guy- he goes to the zoo at night and sleeps w the Orangutans!

Maybe it's your mailman's fault. Is he also wearing your lingerie?.

so many....... :blink:

That's some of the most entertaining stuff I've read in a looooong time. Awesome. It's almost like a "S@#T My Dad Says" for Ebay

That's strange. I always thought mootown was a reputable seller on eBay. I'm pretty sure I've bought from him in the past and I THOUGHT that others here had as well.

My link

not only to the negatives, also to the neutrals.

watch out for this guy- he goes to the zoo at night and sleeps w the Orangutans!

Maybe it's your mailman's fault. Is he also wearing your lingerie?.

so many....... :blink:

Wow! what a winner his is. Real class act.

Don't you worry. One day he will burn all his bridges or run into someone that won't take his s***.

:)

That's some of the most entertaining stuff I've read in a looooong time. Awesome. It's almost like a "S@#T My Dad Says" for Ebay

For sure, this seller must have seen alot of Triumph, if you know that dog...... :)

This is the WORST SELLER that I ever had in 12 years and hundreds of purchases

Most of the hundreds of purchases were ineffectual penile enlargement pumps

. :lol:

Yikes. I just spent 10 minutes going through and then I realized that I was way too into this lol. That guy seems like a major doucher. Witty, but still a doucher.

I couldnt say it any better my friend.

If there's an issue with your purchase, Mootown can become a real jerk. More than ten years ago, I used to buy tons of blank baseball jerseys from him. Usually I'd have to ask where my stuff was because his operation had slow shipping for some reason. I bought a couple baseball player jerseys that had really shoddy customization, probably from a lousy distributor he was using at the time. I wanted my money back and he basically ignored me, and this was way before PayPal/eBay Buyer Protection was in effect. So I created a webpage with pictures of the jerseys with the bad stitching explaing why you shouldn't buy from him. He tried to threaten me with a lawsuit in an email. Eventually, we worked it out and he gave me a refund after I sent the jerseys back. But, he did put me on his banned list. I was boycotting him for a long time anyway. I guess he cleared out his banned list at some point because I was able to buy this Modano 2004 All-Star from him in late December. I received it four days after I paid for it. Customization looks pretty good. Numbers are kiss-cut. I think the game-worns were stacked, but I don't mind the kiss-cut. The Stars patch came from Altanhl.

modanoback.jpg

modanokisscut.jpg

If that is the same dude i never had a problem with that seller..2 years ago i got a liberty jagr jersey from that seller and it came fast and undamaged. That seller must be on a midlife crisis to not send stuff to all those people that reported the seller.

Thats actually quite a disturbing... he'd sell stuff, get decent reputation, and just before hes about to abandon the account he'll stop sending the stuff and run off with the money..??

I won a few auctions from mootown a few years ago. I was really excited that I was about to get 5 or so customised jerseys for a great price. I had asked about multiple shipping before I won the auctions and they said it was ok, just $6 per extra jersey on top of something like $25 for the first item. Then after the auctions finished they tried to charge me 3 separate shipping costs all of which totalled much higher than the amount of the jerseys, so I didn't pay. They were really rude to deal with.

Yeah it's trash, some garbage he's trying to claim is real. I think he used those other pics to photomatch it like it's a real jersey. The fact it's a private listing is also a joke. :lol: I've seen REAL versions of that jersey, and trust me, it's NO WHERE near the quality.

I disagree completely. I've purchased a few of my rarest authentics from Keener and I've seen him move others that are all 100% legit. It's not too often a collector with extremely rare, high end authentics would decide to turn around and sell junk to make a buck.

Despite the fact that this Gretzky is a complete reproduction, who, especially someone supposedly just looking to turn a quick buck, would invest the time and money to accurately re-produce that jersey with such precision? Especially considering how hard it would be to find the materials, properly cut the jersey, and sew it to spec? I'm pretty sure Keener has, or has had in the past, genuine articles to model his recreations after.

With my collection I've really concentrated on 80s jerseys, and I've had an extremely hard time trying to customize some of my blanks, because it's next to impossible to find the matching size, color, and texture of the originals. I can't get even get certain nameplates to customize jerseys as a result, and EPS and others are also unable to match them.

As for the numbers looking creased, I have a legit Nike oilers, and mine has ripples in the satin for the 'COFFEY' and in my oil drop, that are pretty identical to his. If you've ever played with satin, even if it was when you were 7 years old, going through your mom's panties, you'd recognize that it's just the nature of the material. I'm not sure which real versions you've seen, but that jersey is pretty darn accurate, IMO.

I've had enough experience dealing with Keener over the years to see that he seems to be pretty passionate in his jersey collecting, and when it comes to his replicating, he's very good at it, and very meticulus, and, although I won't speak for him, I suspect he created most of his stuff for himself, and he's simply decided now that it's time to get rid of them. Judge for yourself - http://keenercomedy....sey-collection/

FYI - I've been lucky enough to build a lot of my collection from collectors like mpzmpzmpz, beJeffrey, Keener, and others who've finally decided it's time to move on, and they start to unload some real beauties.

he has sold at least 5 of these

I've seen him sell 1 other one, and I've followed him for years...maybe I'm wrong? Hmmm...

Wow. I didn't even bother reading that, mostly because I wasn't interested. The things some people try to sell on eBay.

A lot of people try to get away with a lot of things on ebay, but I dont' think Keener is trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. He's selling something that he created for his own enjoyment, that's it, and it's extremely well done.

I personally like this....

"The game worn jersey of Gretzky's first NHL "C" probably doesn't exsist because the "C" would have been removed when Fogolin returned(those days the players only wore a few jerseys a season, unlike today where they get new ones every 4 games, aprox)."

I think he's probably pretty accurate with that statement, and I like the fact that he's explained everything in his auction, including how/why he designed the jersey the way he did. He could easily post that jersey with very little information, and would probably be able to pass it off as a gamer/game issued/authentic, and make much more off of someone who doesn't know better. You have to at least respect that much...

Ok, I've ranted enough :)