EBay

Brilliant!

Anyone know what's up with this seller? I see him selling a TON of Rangers jerseys from the 90's, with players on them who never actually wore that style and they're all "autographed".

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARKUS-NASLUND-SIGNED-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-JERSEY-L-/290445419126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439fe56276#ht_514wt_1139

Every description is IDENTICAL. He claims he "obtained the autograph at a recent Rangers game in Pittsburgh" - Problem with that is, Naslund hasn't played for the Rangers in what, four years? Is this guy just trying to make a quick buck with fake autos?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what's up with this seller? I see him selling a TON of Rangers jerseys from the 90's, with players on them who never actually wore that style and they're all "autographed".

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARKUS-NASLUND-SIGNED-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-JERSEY-L-/290445419126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439fe56276#ht_514wt_1139

Every description is IDENTICAL. He claims he "obtained the autograph at a recent Rangers game in Pittsburgh" - Problem with that is, Naslund hasn't played for the Rangers in what, four years? Is this guy just trying to make a quick buck with fake autos?

every single "auto" i seen from that seller looks exactly the same (looks like a 6 year old signed them) and yea naslund hasnt played in the nhl for a year and a half so "recently got at a penguins game" is a crock.

every single "auto" i seen from that seller looks exactly the same (looks like a 6 year old signed them) and yea naslund hasnt played in the nhl for a year and a half so "recently got at a penguins game" is a crock.

Agreed. All his "autos" look identical. I sent him a message about one of his 6 Redden "autos" and pointed out that Redden isn't even on the Roster and hasn't played a single game this year, so getting it signed at a "recent game" was impossible. I got a very rude response, something along the lines of "I got it last season smartass". Since then, I get a message from eBay when I try to send him questions and the message says something about the seller not being able to respond to questions.

And it's not just my main account, it's my old account that I haven't used in years as well. Almost like he knows he got caught and doesn't want to get called out on it....

..I got a very rude response, something along the lines of "I got it last season smartass". Since then, I get a message from eBay when I try to send him questions and the message says something about the seller not being able to respond to questions.

And it's not just my main account, it's my old account that I haven't used in years as well. Almost like he knows he got caught and doesn't want to get called out on it....

Holy crap, now there's rage sellers?! :lol:

Agreed. All his "autos" look identical. I sent him a message about one of his 6 Redden "autos" and pointed out that Redden isn't even on the Roster and hasn't played a single game this year, so getting it signed at a "recent game" was impossible. I got a very rude response, something along the lines of "I got it last season smartass". Since then, I get a message from eBay when I try to send him questions and the message says something about the seller not being able to respond to questions.

I'm curious about that actually. I've gotten a couple of these "users cannot receive email" errors. Anyone know the story behind this?

I'm curious about that actually. I've gotten a couple of these "users cannot receive email" errors. Anyone know the story behind this?

Not a clue. I don't know if there's a way for you as a seller to block communication, or if it's something eBay did. All I know is that it's a little suspicious that he can't receive messages ever since I called him out on selling fake autos. If the Naslund was real it'd be worth at least double what he's asking.

Not a clue. I don't know if there's a way for you as a seller to block communication, or if it's something eBay did. All I know is that it's a little suspicious that he can't receive messages ever since I called him out on selling fake autos. If the Naslund was real it'd be worth at least double what he's asking.

Maybe in a charity auction with a team LOA.

I know big companies like Stiner sports charge a crapton for their stuff, but I bet most of it is going in their own profits and some of the price goes towards paying the players for their signatures. For the most part though, I think its far more meaningful if you got the jersey signed yourself.

Based on the left shoulder (pic 3), I think this jersey has amazing potential, and with a giant # 23 Bellows or # 20 DINO, I bet there won't be much (if any at all) showing after it's done. Either way, I'll do a write-up on my final results in a few weeks or so :)

:mellow:

what size does this measure up to?

Pit to pit(22 inches) top to bottom(29.5 inches)

thanx in advance

:thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270705278206&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

I dont think thats a deal perse, but its definitely not a bad price assuming its legit. Short of getting the team name wrong, the title could not have been worse too...

He literally JUST scored the OT winner in Calgary too.

That one looks okay to me actually. You can make out the faint outline of the fight strap stitching under the 4 on the back there and it looks good to me. The fact that he's asking $200 to start and not $9.99 is a good indication too.

yah, and knockoff sellers tend to really really like to emphasize how authentic their jersey is and how it has the players name and how it has a fight strap and the whole schbang. This guy seems to have casual fan written in this listing

For you Blues fans: http://cgi.ebay.com/AL-MacINNIS-St-Louis-Blues-AUTHENTIC-Jersey-STARTER-/270702942094?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f0727178e#ht_741wt_1139

If it were the road jersey of the same vintage I'd buy it myself. Huge McInnis fan back in the day, and I loved their home and road jerseys from 95-98.

And a Ducks Selanne. Seller shows a small stain on the shoulder patch, I'm sure someone here could remedy that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-CCM-TEEMU-SELANNE-ANAHEIM-DUCKS-JERSEY-48-/390287631512?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5adef4a498#ht_4257wt_905

On the topic on Ducks, here's a Nike Authentic of the jade third jersey for what I'd call a decent price. If it was a bit bigger and I'd be all over this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANAHEIM-MIGHTY-DUCKS-NIKE-NHL-HOCKEY-JERSEY-MENS-48-/360343336060?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item53e622f47c

On the topic on Ducks, here's a Nike Authentic of the jade third jersey for what I'd call a decent price. If it was a bit bigger and I'd be all over this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANAHEIM-MIGHTY-DUCKS-NIKE-NHL-HOCKEY-JERSEY-MENS-48-/360343336060?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item53e622f47c

That is my all time favorite jersey...so wonderful.

That is my all time favorite jersey...so wonderful.

I see it went not too long ago, were you the one who snagged it?

It really is a cool jersey. I like how they incorporated a little yellow outside of the main logo.

I see it went not too long ago, were you the one who snagged it?

It really is a cool jersey. I like how they incorporated a little yellow outside of the main logo.

Negative, I'm a fatty I need a 52 or higher.

You're not a shoplifter. You're just a fat kid! Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom! He's just a fat kid! Aren't you fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Have some chocolate fatso.

You're not a shoplifter. You're just a fat kid! Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom! He's just a fat kid! Aren't you fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Have some chocolate fatso.

106108626crop650x440.jpg

106108626crop650x440.jpg

Talk about one BIG FATTY. :lol:

seriously?! A Rangers white liberty, blank, sold for $460. Please tell me

I'm not alone in thinking that's insane in the membrane.

My linkIT

Well I can only say that the price of $460 will average out the selling price for those blank Rangers Liberty jerseys that sell for $40. :lol:

seriously?! A Rangers white liberty, blank, sold for $460. Please tell me

I'm not alone in thinking that's insane in the membrane.

My linkIT

Wow......just wow