• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real Katrina patches have red, white and blue thread to make the central "wave". The repros have red and blue with the white just being the backing material showing through. Same goes for the player. The real ones have the middle white player made of stitched white thread.

It goes something like this...

2872437560100337552S600x600Q85.jpg

Can any of the Hawks fans help me out? I need a couple WWW patches that I want to stick on two of my Edge 1.0 jerseys. Are any of the patches on eBay real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-WILLIAM-W-WIRTZ-MEMORIAL-PATCH-/370494926502?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item564337eea6

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-Black-Hawks-William-W-Wirtz-Memorial-Patch-/320637196913?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa7775a71

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-WILLIAM-W-WIRTZ-MEMORIAL-PATCH-/140506302008?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item20b6d40638

All 3 seem a little different to me... anyone know where I can legit ones if these aren't?

All three sellers are repro dealers. Real vs a bigger repro.

Good F(&^*** god I was just trying to point out Fire Boudreau was talking about Firing the UND coach after they choked in the Frozen Four.

And yeah, I'm convinced there are no real Katrina patches out there, they don't exist.

WANTED:

Tim Thomas Jersey from this season 10-11. Edge. Any style.

I'm probably gonna make the trip to Norfolk for one of the first round Baby Pens/Admirals games, and I've decided it's time to finally pul the trigger on snagging a WB/S Pens jersey. Not looking for anything too spectacular, as I'd like to keep it reasonable and kinda on the cheap...replicas are fine, something L or XL. Thanks homies.

If anyone can help i'm after any Jagr pens jerseys and black capitals jerseys, preferably size 48-54. Thanks.

pm sent

well a 1983 patch the Nordiques wore for a brief period just sold for $61.00 on ebay!

WTF! I had my eyes on that but no f.uckin way I'm paying that much for a patch!!!!

Unless it's from 1920!

The lettering doesn't look right.

min_5.jpg

Also I don't know if it's just the camera but the V's look different too. For the real one the V is all the same color but for the ebay one the V looks like it is using 2 different colors.

ok thanks. It states it does have the hard plastic backing which i know many repros dont have that i have seen.

well a 1983 patch the Nordiques wore for a brief period just sold for $61.00 on ebay!

WTF! I had my eyes on that but no f.uckin way I'm paying that much for a patch!!!!

Unless it's from 1920!

That was as rare as it gets and came off of a game worn jersey. Additionally, it's never been remade either. It's worth more than it sold for really.

If it's got the hard plastic backing and comes sealed in the original packaging, then it's real. No remakes have ever been given the hard backing treatment and no one has ever bothered to fake the original packaging either. I don't see a thing wrong with that one.

In other news, I got a Rangers 85th anniversary patch sealed in the original packaging but without the hard backing and "warning" label. It had a soft plastic coating to prevent fraying and unraveling, but not the rock hard plastic coating. Could our collecting nightmare finally be at an end?? :o

In other news, I got a Rangers 85th anniversary patch sealed in the original packaging but without the hard backing and "warning" label. It had a soft plastic coating to prevent fraying and unraveling, but not the rock hard plastic coating. Could our collecting nightmare finally be at an end?? :o

Oh no! What would we do without our old friend? At least the label is still there for us to ignore though.

• TMLFAN locked this topic