eBay version 4.0

dsl135

8 hours ago, furiousd said:

So the buyer is trying to scam me. I got the"return" back today, and it's some POS pair of shoes. I contacted eBay, we'll see if they come through.

Also check out the weight difference from the package when you sent it to him and what you received back. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mmmm...sh*t like that would make me go mental. I'd do everything and anything to make his life a living hell.

20 hours ago, ConcreteCharlie said:

So I found this guy on a forum and asked him about your OUTRIGHT LIE. His response: 

Steven Stultz Jr. accepted your request.

13256015_10201707008153294_1780317044064
I don't remember starting any thread about you or being a bad buyer anywhere. Sorry man.

what is all this about ?

Edited by tomtucker

9 hours ago, furiousd said:

So the buyer is trying to scam me. I got the"return" back today, and it's some POS pair of shoes. I contacted eBay, we'll see if they come through.

That's ridiculous. Take pictures and provide them to eBay. Document the weight difference. Refuse to back down. 

And give us all the guy's user name so we can avoid him. 

6 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

Also check out the weight difference from the package when you sent it to him and what you received back. 

That's a great suggestion.  I'll have to go to the post office to get a printout, but the returned package was significantly lighter than what I sent. 

5 hours ago, furiousd said:

That's a great suggestion.  I'll have to go to the post office to get a printout, but the returned package was significantly lighter than what I sent. 

An response from PayPal yet? 

3 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Ebay told me last night to sit tight until Monday.  I'll call and bug them soon anyway to see if I can upload the pics and stuff.

Sit tight for what?? The shoes aren't going to magically turn into a jersey!

Saw that Rats jersey too but problem is that it's from when the Rats were affiliated with Carolina and not NJ

49 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Saw that Rats jersey too but problem is that it's from when the Rats were affiliated with Carolina and not NJ

Beat me to it. If you want that style, one of our own's got one for sale.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Since Devils fans outnumber normal people here by a 2:1 margin, just going to throw this out there: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALBANY-RIVER-RATS-2006-07-NICOLAS-BLANCHARD-GAME-WORNJERSEY-NO-RESERVE-/322147389511?hash=item4b017b1047:g:l98AAOSwxndXT96l

That seller's a good one. I received one jersey from him last month and have another from him by the end of the week. 

Devils fans vs. "normal people". I love it. 

6 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Devils fans vs. "normal people". I love it. 

Yeah seriously Puck, I expected more. 

:)

eBay user "chelseafan53" has a bunch of nice Authentics for cheap starting prices. Not sure if it's one of our members. 

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=chelseafan53&_pgn=1&isRefine=true

Even if the Sens used 2.0's of that model on-ice, Reebok made only 1.0's for retail up to 2011, after which they switched to the Indo for retail.  They did this for all jersey styles introduced after 2008, not just the Sens alternate.

The jersey is good.  Whether it's a foul depends on your criteria.  I'd be OK with it, but even if you managed to get a team-issued 2.0 some extremist collector might consider it an on-ice foul if it's not the exact size the player used.

That's a stupid definition of foul. You're not buying the jersey for the player to use. 

On an unrelated subject, are there any good sellers besides MeiGray and Detroit Hockey to follow for good GWs?

The two other biggest dealers of GW jerseys that I can think of off the top of my head is The Classic Stuff (Larry P) and Ice Violence (Hoagie).

A good number of teams market and sell their GW themselves like Calgary, Canadiens, etc. or offer them through auctions either on their website or NHL Auctions.

The best stuff in my GW collection has generally come from other collectors.

23 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

On an unrelated subject, are there any good sellers besides MeiGray and Detroit Hockey to follow for good GWs?

I love JJ Distributing. Mostly Penguins, but gamers from other teams as well. Prices are really fair :)

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

The two other biggest dealers of GW jerseys that I can think of off the top of my head is The Classic Stuff (Larry P) and Ice Violence (Hoagie).

A good number of teams market and sell their GW themselves like Calgary, Canadiens, etc. or offer them through auctions either on their website or NHL Auctions.

The best stuff in my GW collection has generally come from other collectors.

39 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

I love JJ Distributing. Mostly Penguins, but gamers from other teams as well. Prices are really fair :)

Thanks for the recommendations!

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

That's a stupid definition of foul. You're not buying the jersey for the player to use.

It's all relative.  I'm not trying to defend that criterion for a foul, just pointing out that there are probably plenty of people out there who might think that you are being equally extreme if you refuse to put Marian Hossa on your Hawks 1.0 because of a couple of small material-related differences that most people aren't even aware of.  After all, you're not buying the jersey to play hockey in, right? :)

Well, I think differentiating between a 1.0 and a 2.0 is a different story because for several reasons, they are different styles of jerseys. They are constructed using the same methods but they are made with different materials and I think that's a fundamental difference. It's no different from differentiating between the different kinds of pre-2000 CCMs.

Then again, I don't care about jersey size anyway since I don't wear my authentics.