eBay version 4.0

dsl135

3 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I keep forgettin'... to proofread my listing.

:D
You got some nice stuff for sale. 

Edited by Hockey Bob

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not to mention, it'd be a foul anyway, because Stevens was retired before they started wearing Edge jerseys at all, let alone a "retro" Edge. 

For those interested, a real Devils Retro Edge looks thusly:

1D8DDF1C-1D86-44F0-A854-59A8685CC77B_zps

9F2308A2-0C6A-4832-8360-EDE3110AF5B5_zps

Tootoo as 22 is a fair condolence to never seeing Satan play in NJ. 

1 hour ago, billman119 said:

Tootoo as 22 is a fair condolence to never seeing Satan play in NJ. 

If ever a player should have been acquired solely for merchandise sales, Satan was that player for the Devils. Opportunity missed. 

A bunch of Stars Pre-Season jersey being sold on eBay right now.  $150 for a team issued jersey might be too good to pass up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-Edge-Dallas-Stars-Pro-Stock-Pre-Season-Game-Jerseys-/172249655547?var=&hash=item281ae128fb:m:mzumtR8LqicW5jS1LDpTyPg

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

A bunch of Stars Pre-Season jersey being sold on eBay right now.  $150 for a team issued jersey might be too good to pass up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-Edge-Dallas-Stars-Pro-Stock-Pre-Season-Game-Jerseys-/172249655547?var=&hash=item281ae128fb:m:mzumtR8LqicW5jS1LDpTyPg

I wonder how that guy got his hands on those while Meigray is still the official dealer for the Dallas Stars game worn program.  You would have figured Meigray would have gotten these.

11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I wonder how that guy got his hands on those while Meigray is still the official dealer for the Dallas Stars game worn program.  You would have figured Meigray would have gotten these.

I wonder if that is changing.  I know Thom and he gets a lot of equipment from teams and resells them on eBay - usually at pretty good prices, and the Stars are one of those teams.  This is the first time I remember seeing jerseys though. Also, it could just be extras from preseason that meigray didn't want to put in their inventory.

25 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I was thinking the same thing. And on the other hand, if he did get them all somewhere, how much did he pay that he can afford to sell them so cheaply?

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I was thinking the same thing. And on the other hand, if he did get them all somewhere, how much did he pay that he can afford to sell them so cheaply?

That all makes me really nervous. I mean, $150 is a good price, but without an LOA, it's risky.

Just now, TheKevinShow said:

That all makes me really nervous. I mean, $150 is a good price, but without an LOA, it's risky.

I don't think a LOA is necessary.  They're not being marketed or sold as GW (or even GI).  They're just Team Issued, which gets you proper customization and the twill-sandwich tie-down.

I mean, honestly, if they are legit jerseys $150 for a customized authentic is still dirt cheap, even if not a pre-season worn. I'm not skilled enough to tell, anyone look at the pictures and can tell whether these are legit jerseys?

5 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I don't think a LOA is necessary.  They're not being marketed or sold as GW (or even GI).  They're just Team Issued, which gets you proper customization and the twill-sandwich tie-down.

He's marketing them as preseason GWs.

These are pre season jerseys, used in pre season games only. Jerseys are in good condition.

1 minute ago, TheKevinShow said:

He's marketing them as preseason GWs.

Only half right. From his description:

"Some of them are new and were never worn. Jerseys are all in very good shape, with little to no wear."

I remember that this seller also had Dallas Stars Development Camp jerseys for sale.

Some of this jerseys could be preseason jerseys, most are just GIs I think....or maybe training camp jerseys?

Thom usually just sells equipment from organizations - some new, some used.  He isn't really in the jersey buisness, so I doubt he is really considered about if they have been worn in a game like Meigray is.  They are authentic 2.0 jerseys that did come from the organization though.  He is a very good seller and very honest in his dealing.  Like I said though - he usually deals in equipment.  He is a well known selling in the pro stock game on sports2k.com

I haven't bought one yet, but I am really tempted to get one and make a Sharp jersey - just not sure I want to spend the money on one or not.  Usually when I buy something I don't really need, the next day something that I have been looking for pops up and I don't have the funds anymore.

13 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Gotcha. Then, yeah, I see what you're saying.

Despite their questionable pedigree, $150 for a customized authentic, presumably done by the team's customizer, is a pretty good deal. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Despite their questionable pedigree, $150 for a customized authentic, presumably done by the team's customizer, is a pretty good deal. 

That's what I'm thinking.  I could give a rip if they have a LOA.  The only thing holding me up is I wouldn't want one with much wear, and some of them actually look pretty bunged up.

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

That's what I'm thinking.  I could give a rip if they have a LOA.  The only thing holding me up is I wouldn't want one with much wear, and some of them actually look pretty bunged up.

Just email him - he is usually pretty good about getting back to questions.  He should be able to tell you which one's are new looking and which ones have more wear.  If you looking for one that look new and clean, he should be able tell you which one to purchase.