New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

Very excited about this KJ. One of my all-time favorite Islanders. One of those "lucky I logged onto eBay as it was listed" purchases.

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

And this beauty

IMG_5738.jpg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, everybody knows the Habs don't have any good players. Mostly thanks to Glen Sather taking them and giving them back players like Scott Gomez.

Carey Price is cool. Goldie had him clap during the "If you know the rangers suck, clap your hands" song

Got these GI overstocks from Meigrays back from Ruberti's today...they only took about 2 weeks including shipping time.Again thanks to everyone involved who gave me links to websites and direct links to jerseys and for Ruberti's info...after spending more money on fakes(unknowingly) then i've spent on these...its a big relief to finally get what i've been looking(and paying) for...again thank you all

65836_526443194052643_1289825803_n.jpg

602809_526443197385976_1113309911_n.jpg

Very nice stuff Paavo, really like the Koivu. And nice work on the Flyers stuff. Isn't it a great feeling once you learn you can get awesome authentic jerseys for less than replicas and fakes?

Very Nice a START to a great collection

thank you sir(for everything)

Very nice stuff Paavo, really like the Koivu. And nice work on the Flyers stuff. Isn't it a great feeling once you learn you can get awesome authentic jerseys for less than replicas and fakes?

actually it still blows my mind that i can get actual game issue over stock, and have it customized for less than a full blown fake....i had no idea "upstanding"(haha) sports mem stores were having fake merchandise signed AND FRAMED!!!...i still can't believe these people were having 23.00 dollar jerseys signed for 45-50 bucks and selling them for $250-$300...they had a $25 Lesean McCoy(NFL) china fake jersey signed BY HIM AT A SIGNING IN THEIR STORE, then framed it and put a $599.00 price tag on it .unreal...their argument was "everybody is having their jerseys made in china now"......sickening....

MeccaDon, what kind of nameplate material did they give you for the white Giroux? Thanks.

Since there have been some EPIC pickups lately by some fellow board members here I thought I would share my latest.

The "Boxcar" Ed Hospodar 1985-86 Eagle mesh Road set 1 with "31" Pelle Lindbergh patch. Gameworn.net LOA

100_6459-vi.jpg

100_6476-vi.jpg

100_6489-vi.jpg

This Eagle mesh jersey was worn for about 8 road games before Mr. Hospodar was traded to Minnesota 17 games into the season. He netted two goals against the NY Islanders and accumulated a few penalty minutes while wearing this shirt. The wear is fairly light due to the limited amount of action it saw.

The last paragraph of the LOA reads: On November 11th 1985 the life of the Flyers All Star goalie Pelle Lindbergh came to an end a day after he drove his Porsche into a wall in front of a South Jersey Elementary School, just miles from the Flyers practice facility. The Flyers organization honored Pelle’s memory by wearing his number “31” on their left shoulder for the remainder of the 1985-86 season. Hospodar was traded from Philadelphia to Minnesota in late November, a mere couple of weeks after Pelle’s death, thereby making this very lightly worn offering which features a double sewn and well salted fight strap a truly rare piece of Philadelphia Flyers history. Originally obtained a quarter century ago at the Flyers Wives Fight For Lives Charity Event, this jersey has sat in a private collection since that day.

So I guess I am the third owner. Feels good to cross another year off the list.

Sweet, Rob! Happy to see you got your hands on a gamer with the Pelle patch

MeccaDon, what kind of nameplate material did they give you for the white Giroux? Thanks.

i didn't notice it was different until now...it looks exactly like the jersey material but has like a thick paper/cardboard feeling to it. its almost like its the jersey material wrapped around thick flexible cardboard....sorry i can't give you an exact answer..

i didn't notice it was different until now...it looks exactly like the jersey material but has like a thick paper/cardboard feeling to it. its almost like its the jersey material wrapped around thick flexible cardboard....sorry i can't give you an exact answer..

Sounds like they put a piece of jersey material on top of a piece of twill and then put it onto the jersey.

Thanks, the reason I asked was that Ruberti's told me just a few weeks ago they didn't have any white Edge material for nameplates, so I decided against sending a Flyers 2.0 there. If it's not too much trouble, could you post a closeup photo of the nameplate? No worries if you can't.

The "Boxcar" Ed Hospodar 1985-86 Eagle mesh Road set 1 with "31" Pelle Lindbergh patch. Gameworn.net LOA

This Eagle mesh jersey was worn for about 8 road games before Mr. Hospodar was traded to Minnesota 17 games into the season. He netted two goals against the NY Islanders and accumulated a few penalty minutes while wearing this shirt. The wear is fairly light due to the limited amount of action it saw.

The last paragraph of the LOA reads: On November 11th 1985 the life of the Flyers All Star goalie Pelle Lindbergh came to an end a day after he drove his Porsche into a wall in front of a South Jersey Elementary School, just miles from the Flyers practice facility. The Flyers organization honored Pelle’s memory by wearing his number “31” on their left shoulder for the remainder of the 1985-86 season. Hospodar was traded from Philadelphia to Minnesota in late November, a mere couple of weeks after Pelle’s death, thereby making this very lightly worn offering which features a double sewn and well salted fight strap a truly rare piece of Philadelphia Flyers history. Originally obtained a quarter century ago at the Flyers Wives Fight For Lives Charity Event, this jersey has sat in a private collection since that day.

So I guess I am the third owner. Feels good to cross another year off the list.

I don't post much anymore but had to log on for this one.

Amazing jersey!

Thanks, the reason I asked was that Ruberti's told me just a few weeks ago they didn't have any white Edge material for nameplates, so I decided against sending a Flyers 2.0 there. If it's not too much trouble, could you post a closeup photo of the nameplate? No worries if you can't.

Crap. Guess I'm gonna have to find a white Edge nameplate for mine.

You know, many teams still pull off air knit nameplates for edge jerseys. If I'm not mistaken, my flyers black has an air knit nameplate. That, and if it's not air knit, it's probably the stretch mesh that the backs of edge jerseys are made of. Premier jerseys have approximately the same stuff on their backs, with the difference being in the country of manufacture.

If I'm not mistaken, my flyers black has an air knit nameplate.

You mean a black Flyers Edge gamer? I thought they all had mesh nameplates.

Thanks guys.

Either nameplate material can be right on those black/ white 07-10 Flyers edge jerseys. I have seen gamers and GI's with airknit nameplates. The majority of the jerseys the team wore were matching edge material.