New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's disgusting.

From now on I'm only sending Mike Hershey jerseys, at least they don't show the stains :thumbsup:

Ok. Just read the G being named captain article. So what is an associate captain? Apparently Hartnell and Briere were named the alternates but Timonen was name associate captain. Never heard of that before. Maybe Homer was hitting the sauce earlier?

Here's a funny story: Until a few years ago, I was under the impression that the A stood for assistant captain.

I guess it's not that funny.

Ok. Just read the G being named captain article. So what is an associate captain? Apparently Hartnell and Briere were named the alternates but Timonen was name associate captain. Never heard of that before. Maybe Homer was hitting the sauce earlier?

I thought it was pretty weird too. I just assumed it meant Timonen will always wear an A while Hartnell and Briere will alternate the other A (probably on a home/away basis)

Won this one in a silent auction at the Amerks game Friday night. It was Men's Health Night and they wore these jerseys to help raise money for Cancer research. At the end of the game, the jersey winners were brought onto the ice to meet the players and have them give us the jersey off their back. I had him sign the fight strap.

Nick Crawford

CIMG2848_zps1efac85a.jpg

CIMG2849_zps2ea98ea8.jpg

Yes. The Amerks have always had classy uniforms. What's with the Nords blue though? That seems a little odd for a team that's been royal since practicaly inception. Still, very sharp.

Not sure about the nords-blue...I think it might've had something to do with the cause or organization they were supporting. In 2011, they wore jerseys that were predominantly that shade of blue. http://gobuyrochester.com/about/events/charity-auctions/2011/2011-jersey-auction/rochester-americans-jersey-auction

Your jerseys are done! Complete with taint burns.

LMFAO! That made me spit my beverage all over the place.

Not sure about the nords-blue...I think it might've had something to do with the cause or organization they were supporting. In 2011, they wore jerseys that were predominantly that shade of blue. http://gobuyrochester.com/about/events/charity-auctions/2011/2011-jersey-auction/rochester-americans-jersey-auction

yeah. i wish they were a darker blue, because that would be pretty much the perfect jersey.. its really hard to get my hands on amerks stuff. Everything on meigray is crap. I want the blue jerseys, and the throwback looking ones like this one. not an anthony stewart or zagrapan jersey.

I like the lighter blue on that one though. It reminds me of the old WHA Nords when they still used a decent amount of red. Good stuff.

People refer to the "A" as "Alternate Captain", "Assistant Captain", or even sometimes "Associate Captain". It all means the same thing. If the team Captain is not on the ice, a player with an "A" is allowed interact with the referees in the same manner as the player with the "C".

The official term used by the NHL is "Alternate Captain" and I'm guessing that's what Brilliant was referring to.

6.2 Alternate Captains – If the permanent Captain is not on the ice, Alternate Captains (not more than two) shall be accorded the privileges of the Captain. Alternate Captains shall wear the letter “A” approximately three inches (3'') in height and in contrasting color, in a conspicuous position on the front of their sweaters.

Only when the Captain is not in uniform, the Coach shall have the right to designate three Alternate Captains. This must be done prior to the start of the game.

Anyone else not able to use the "Image" button. Usually pops up with a URL entry field

It's not you, it's the forum and someone needs to fix it. The quote button doesn't work either, you have to manually type the extension.

And when you try and Copy and Paste a Link it makes you put it in a different box then you can confirm it

Everything works for me...

Click the image button, put in the URL of the image, here it is:

161.gif

Click Quote, it shows up right here:

It's not you, it's the forum and someone needs to fix it. The quote button doesn't work either, you have to manually type the extension.

Maybe you guys need to toggle on/off the HTML (upper left button of the post section)?

That's disgusting.

From now on I'm only sending Mike Hershey jerseys, at least they don't show the stains :thumbsup:

Post of the year so far. Repugnant, yet hilarious...a magical combination. Well done Akteon.