New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few blanks before the season starts

I really see why people refer to these as raincoats. Going to make it a Huberdeau

IMG-1155.jpg

Goalie cut - Soon to be a Turco with the 2007 ASG patch

IMG-1157.jpg

Goalie cut - Soon to be a Nabokov with the Was Strelow patch

IMG-1156.jpg

Going to be a Backes

IMG-1160.jpg

Going to be a Koivu with a 5th Anniversary patch

IMG-1159.jpg

That Koivu is great, I always loved the original Wild jerseys. They really need to go back to something like that and dump the green alternate, even though I think it's one of the better thirds in the league. Maybe make the alternate the home and come up with a road version?

It has arrived. My biggest acquisition to date. A 1985-86 road red Calgary Flames Joe Mullen jersey:

aryFlamescirca1985CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

ryFlamescirca1985bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Mr. Mullen was born in Manhattan in the mob-controlled Hell's Kitchen district. He was the first American-born NHL player to ever reach the 500-goal and 1000-point plateau and is a member of both the US and NHL Hockey Hall of Fame. He was also at the top of Herb Brooks' list for the 1980 US Olympic team but, because his family needed the money, he ended up signing with the Blues prior to the tournament rather than going to Lake Placid. He was traded to Calgary in 1986 to help bolster the Flames' playoff and eventual Stanley Cup Finals run.

This jersey was actually worn in the 1984-85 season as well by Mike Eaves. It's got a mesh body with knit striping; commonly seen on many early 1980's jerseys. There is evidence of a nameplate change and the nameplate there now is even a different material than the CCM mesh. It actually looks like a Tackla plate:

DSC06217-vi.jpg

Also, the Flames thought that added the Calgary Olympics patch to their jerseys prior to selling would up their value so this one, unfortunately, has that one on the shoulder:

algary1988WinterOlympicsFlames-vi.jpg

The patch doesn't take anything away from the jersey itself though. It's still destroyed. Loaded with stick marks along the arms and waist. It's got about eight un-repaired holes along the sleeves and four or five team repairs on the body and shoulders. All the original twill is rumpled and creased like crazy too which is consistent with the old Flames jerseys. They must have used cheap twill because it ALWAYS seemed to wrinkle.

Today I was lucky enough to recieve one of my absolute grails and something I thought I would never get to own. Turns out a member who doesnt post that often had it. It was a flawless transaction and I even got Finnish candy to go with it. I can't thank Paavo (R123 username) enough. The only way this would leave my collection is to go back to Kimmo himself.

2006-07 Set 1 Kimmo Timonen which was worn in his first game as an NHL captain.

timonen-c-f.jpg

timonen-c-b.jpg

And with the placement of the C, you can photomatch it to tons of photos. They changed the placement for the second set. Here is a picture from the first game he wore it.

72131577-kimmo-timonen-of-the-nashville-predators-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QC3%2flS3QQqw7RqATuN9H8CtIIF6i2rXUGH94zZU%2fM0MP

Wait a minute, I'm not done. I got these today too. First, a 2001 Kelly Cup Finals Titans jersey(FINALLY!!!):

onTitanscirca20003aSPauthentic-vi.jpg

onTitanscirca20003bSPauthentic-vi.jpg

It's trashed...and I do mean trashed. I don't know how the arms are still stitched together. Paul Spadafora was the token thug on the team that year so there is a buttload of wear on it. He wore it for Games 1 and 2 in Trenton, which they lost before dropping the series in South Carolina. There is even a huge repair down the collar to the top of the Titans logo:

DSC06215-vi.jpg

In addition to this, I also snagged two Titans blanks from the same guy. A black alternate:

irca20002aSPauthenticalternate-vi.jpg

and then a white ultrafil that, curiously, has the SP logo on the neck and as a patch instead of on the hem:

onTitanscirca20054aSPauthentic-vi.jpg

onTitanscirca20054bSPauthentic-vi.jpg

I think this was a leftover team jersey because I've never seen a retail jersey with the MeiGray patch on the hem. Either way, I'm happy.

Brandon, I couldn't be more envious of your Timonen collection. Awesome pickup!

Hey Mike,

That is a real beauty. I didn't think you could top that USA jersey! But you did! He was a top notch player and is now one of the Flyers coaches...well at least he was last year. Very nice. I can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Brandon! Wow! Hopefully another certain team sees him fit to wear the "C".

Holy Titans jerseys, Batman! Those are some great pickups, I've never seen a jersey as demolished as that Spadafora. The Mullen is pretty sweet too.

.......how does one break a goalie stick?

Over unsuspecting forwards coming at them.

Goalie-Power!!