New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexander Keith is my friend this evening.

Ah, Keith's Red... my favorite beer.

If I don't curb this jersey hobby, I may not be married much longer! But I can also assume that there are a LOT of other members here with similar issues!

I repeatedly get asked how many jerseys I need .... then I point to how many shoes/boots she has.

Couches can be comfortable.

My lady doesn't get the whole jersey obsession thing. With my season tickets tee shirts and everything else she's convinced I like the flyers more than her

I actually broke up with a solid GF that I was with for four years because I was tired of her spending money on crap, but then complaining I'm not helping her out with her own bills because I spend my money on things I want. She even said "your jerseys won't keep you warn at night!" I said "yes they do, and I can sleep with all 60 of them whenever i want without them getting jealous or insecure."

The key is making them interested in them - My girl wants a Hartnell jersey. Its pretty huge considering her dad is a giant Leafs fan. Iv pretty much converted her to a Flyers fan completely, so much so that she suggested (I kid you not) that instead of going to NYC on our reading week in February, that we take a trip to Philly to watch a couple games (if the lockout ends). Pretty much confirmed that she is a keeper.

I said "yes they do, and I can sleep with all 60 of them whenever i want without them getting jealous or insecure."

I dunno man. Sometimes my jerseys get a little jealous of each other. You need to love them all equally, but my jerseys know I prefer my JT ASG, Palffy wave, and Smolinski gamer to the others in the closet.

Should have retired wearing this jersey. MLSE mis-management at it's finest.

1-vi.jpg?13574322043-vi.jpg?1357432228

I dunno man. Sometimes my jerseys get a little jealous of each other. You need to love them all equally, but my jerseys know I prefer my JT ASG, Palffy wave, and Smolinski gamer to the others in the closet.

Well, then I'll hang out with the ones that are fun to hang out with, but sleep with the ones with the biggest daddy-issues.

2011-12 Columbus Blue Jackets Jack Johnson Alternate - not sure if he wore this in his first game with the CBJ. It was on the road vs Pittsburgh and for that game, the nameplate was just "johnson". He wore J. Johnson for the rest of the season due to Aaron Johnson also playing on the active roster.

8336384692_defbb9d8b2_z.jpg

8336382446_7c2e8b8cb0_z.jpg

All sounds pretty familiar. With about 1 of every 3 I just make sure I intercept at the mailbox and squeeze the new one in with the others in the closet. I don't tell her, because she's told me she doesn't care about my jerseys and that she's not into them like I am, so she's just not excited when I get a new one. Translation: I won't be checking, so if you're sneaky enough to get a jersey under my nose, I won't notice. Mostly avs stuff, so all the same color scheme and it all just blends together anyway. Her lack of interest assures she won't be looking unless we run out of hangers or something dumb. My new Sakic '04 is the latest example. Hidden away, she has no idea. Statute of limitations will have long since run out by the time I get out the door to a game wearing it.

I never realized the Jackets alternates had funky 7's. That is pretty cool!

Well, then I'll hang out with the ones that are fun to hang out with, but sleep with the ones with the biggest daddy-issues.

Hahahahahahahaha That's the spirit

It's just an upside down "L" to represent all those losses to the Preds. :thumbsup:

"L for love"

Seriously Wooten, you are making me really want one of those alts. Amazing.

I have to agree. I may be starting up a new men's league team, and I'd love to put together a logo to go with the Jackets alt. jerseys for our team. I'm not a fan of almost every team having a blue alt. , but the Jackets are one team that surprisingly got it right.

I just use this:

"oh, THIS jersey? I got it in a trade months ago.... Remember"

The funny thing is she usually calls me out on the ones that have actually been here forever and thinks they are new..

She actually went into one of my jersey totes to see if I had a white ducks away jersey... Lucky for me she picked the one that actually DIDNT have one..... And one was under the tree Dec 25!

Score!