It arrived today v. 4.0

Brilliant!

Those Nike "Swift" jerseys everyone hated dont seem so bad now after all...

Maybe Reebok decided this is the best way to combat "fakes"...They are probrobly employing the same mills. Ha, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So the NHL is getting these jerseys for $35.00 each and selling them for $300. My guess is the league saw so many people out there wearing the knockoffs that they assume nobody cares about quality. Bottom line in this economy fellas...

Sad...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Nike "Swift" jerseys everyone hated dont seem so bad now after all...

Maybe Reebok decided this is the best way to combat "fakes"...They are probrobly employing the same mills. Ha, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So the NHL is getting these jerseys for $35.00 each and selling them for $300. My guess is the league saw so many people out there wearing the knockoffs that they assume nobody cares about quality. Bottom line in this economy fellas...

Sad...

The higher ups at Reebok all sat around a table and tried to figure out a way to make more $$$$$$$ and this is what they came up with. Make the "authentics" overseas for dirt cheap compared to making them in Canada but charge the same price, genious.

Seriously why pay $300 for one of these so called authentics when you can spend $60 for something of pretty much the same quality. At least with the 1.0's there was a reason to pay the extra but now I'm not so sure.

Gamers/Issued jerseys for me, F U Reebok.

i ras never really a big fan of the edge jersey i only own 2 edge authentics, but now this is so bad that i will never buy another reebok jersey again. I can't believe we used to have beautiful full mesh body jersey and now we have this crap.

The crest on that Bolts jersey isn't "stitched" in the sense that everyone knows. That's basically embroidery, and it's horrible to look at. I'm cringing at the thought of what the Rangers jerseys are going to look like.

Also, RANGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Another Duck came in the mail today :D My first 2.0/Game Issue, Jason Jaffray. Now my delimma, he never actually played for the Ducks so I'm tempted to strip it and change it but I know some poeple are against that. A concern I have is the 2 on the back numbers go into the gold area and I'm not so sure that will strip without leaving it looking messed up. So I guess the question is, should I strip it, and if so should I go with Selanne (my pick to make the jersey into) or with another player that is a number in the 20's (like Beauchemin or Marchant) and just strip the 9/nameplate?

P1020652.jpg

P1020651.jpg

Is the gold that odd shiny material like the sleeves on old Predators jersey?

Yep!

Yeah I dont know how that material reacts myself. I have a few Preds jerseys Ive been eyeing up for stripping purposes but Im scared of that stuff. It really seems like there is going to be a problem.

I cant picture the fonts of the Ducks jerseys off the top of my head, but is there any other number that would cover the god part that the 2 overlaps into and gives you a bit more choices? Maybe something with a 3 or a 5?

The dazzle material can be stripped, just need to be careful. Brilliant was able to strip the sleeve numbers off a USA '98 Nike for me and put the Richter kit on.

1998_usa_white_richter_b_sm.jpg

My concern would be with the lighter gold color that any blemish would be more noticeable than the dark blue dazzle in my example above.

I cant picture the fonts of the Ducks jerseys off the top of my head, but is there any other number that would cover the god part that the 2 overlaps into and gives you a bit more choices? Maybe something with a 3 or a 5?

Not really because both those number just go straight to the left with no curl up and the part thats in the gold is thicker then any horrizontal piece of the 3 or 5.

I'm tempted to leave it as it, but just kinda weird having a player that never played for them :S

The dazzle material can be stripped, just need to be careful. Brilliant was able to strip the sleeve numbers off a USA '98 Nike for me and put the Richter kit on.

My concern would be with the lighter gold color that any blemish would be more noticeable than the dark blue dazzle in my example above.

Oh ok thats good to know...another thing I was looking at was if I can do a clean strip of it, and strip of my ducks 3rd (Edge 1.0 Ryan) I could put the 9's off this on it as these are the correct height/cut and put Selanne on the 2.0....my concern is if I start stripping and find out it will look bad changed I can't sew it myself I'll have to send it out just to get sewed back down. Even at that I've been told that 1.0's don't strip well so that my throw that idea out the window too

Ill be trying it eventually, probably just not for a few months. I will report how it goes in the Stripping 101 thread... lol

i just stripped my ducks jersey no problem...just gotta be careful, i was surprised by the results. No marking whatsoever..Its out being turned into a Pronger right now.

Another Duck came in the mail today :D My first 2.0/Game Issue, Jason Jaffray. Now my delimma, he never actually played for the Ducks so I'm tempted to strip it and change it but I know some poeple are against that. A concern I have is the 2 on the back numbers go into the gold area and I'm not so sure that will strip without leaving it looking messed up. So I guess the question is, should I strip it, and if so should I go with Selanne (my pick to make the jersey into) or with another player that is a number in the 20's (like Beauchemin or Marchant) and just strip the 9/nameplate?

If I'm you I don't strip it. It's kind of cool to have a jersey that almost but never got worn. It's like the Forsberg game issue someone here has.

i just stripped my ducks jersey no problem...just gotta be careful, i was surprised by the results. No marking whatsoever..Its out being turned into a Pronger right now.

Yeah, that satin stuff can be fickle. Sometimes it comes off clean; sometimes it doesn't. Just go slooooooooow.

Thanks for the heads up from both of you if I do go that route...

If I'm you I don't strip it. It's kind of cool to have a jersey that almost but never got worn. It's like the Forsberg game issue someone here has.

I'm starting to lean that way...its my first GI, it's a bit of a story if people ask who that is, or if he every develops into a great player people saying he never played for the Ducks. We'll see

The new additions seem to be few and far between but every now and then ....

The wife took me shopping last evening and as usual we hit her favorite store ROSS. I went just to see if there were any clearence baseball jerseys as the season is ending and couldn't believe my eyes...One on the rack, tagged $19.99...Needless to say Ross is one of my favorite stores now!

2215587660106460649cbuSsW_th.jpg

2064513370106460649QTIlzr_th.jpg

It made my weekend!

Here's a gameworn I picked up a while back, the jersey came with 26 missing on one arm and no nameplate. I did some digging and could not find who the original owner was from the Gulls so I did a total strip, put 26 back on it with my name and if I ever find out who the original name is I'll take my name off and add theirs back to it:

100_1663.jpg

100_1664.jpg

The new additions seem to be few and far between but every now and then ....

The wife took me shopping last evening and as usual we hit her favorite store ROSS. I went just to see if there were any clearence baseball jerseys as the season is ending and couldn't believe my eyes...One on the rack, tagged $19.99...Needless to say Ross is one of my favorite stores now!

2215587660106460649cbuSsW_th.jpg

2064513370106460649QTIlzr_th.jpg

It made my weekend!

which Ross was this if you don't mind me asking? Maybe more will be in Ross's near the Ross you found it at

Got this yesterday. Stuck between Phaneuf and Reimer for it. Suggestions?

Go with the Captain. Reimer hasn't proven himself enough yet for my liking.