It arrived today v. 4.0

Brilliant!

If he doesn't want it, I'll buy it off ya!

I lost one that I was supposed to send him, so this one's going straight to his door. If I happen to find the old one, though, you'll be the first to know.

Slim,

CCM Ultrafil was definately worn by the Flyers in 1987-1988 during the second half of the season. Yours has that crest I cannot figure out. I have seen it before, but never on game worn examples from that year. It appears to be the same crest that was on an 82-83 Sandow or HSI jersey. The 87-88 Tim Kerr gamer that I have has the squared off wings not the rounded ones and the orange puck in the center of the "P" is larger. Most of the gamers had the squared off logo. The rear hem of the Kerr is identical to yours. Could this logo have been used on retail authentics only? Was there even such a thing at the time? Strange...but nice pick-up. The CCM ultrafil Flyers jerseys during that period are some of my favorite ones ever. They should have worn them more often.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just was looking that up actually, I think Ill save Grabs for the white version. Especially if I ever find that patch he wore during the skills comp at the all star game to put on it.

Thats exactly what I am going to do (eventually). Technically he was a rookie with the Isles :thumbsup: (I only want to buy customized jerseys of home grown players, but Streit w/C and Grabner will be exceptions) . Even if I can find a nice quality picture of the patch, I'll make my own! (thanks Jeff!).

Found this guy recently -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400242781437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#cvip_desc

Which was kind of an anomoly in that the Flyers only wore a red red blue CCM logo in '83-84, but the jerseys were mesh back then, not ultrafil. Either way, I figured a pro authentic ultrafil Flyers from the 80s shouldn't be passed up for $200 so I bought it.

Having received the jersey today, I took a look at the patch, and noticed the inside was embroidered, and wasn't simply a tag sewn on, and that at the end of the tag, the trademark R wasn't embroidered. Although it didn't appear to be (it was quite flush/low profile, and covered the old one perfectly) I figured it was heat pressed or sewn on overtop of the original CCM logo. So, after a few minutes of carefully trying to remove it, I finally worked it free to reveal the original embroidery from this 1987-89 Flyers jersey :)

2521260440105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2339356550105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2268782870105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

YAY 100% AUTHENTIC!!!

Still need to clean up the old logo, but it'll get there.

Mike, I'll send you the red red blue CCM shortly :)

Dammit....I am looking for those CCM patches.....I need two if anyone has them.

Preferably with the ® registered trademark

I want to do the exact same thing with my 80's white Habs to make it a true Roy rookie year jersey.

I even managed to find a loop style fight strap off a damaged authentic

According to the collector who owned Roy's first NHL jersey, it had a loop style fight strap.

Anyways, anyone who has red-red-blue CCM patches, I want 'em :)

Dammit....I am looking for those CCM patches.....I need two if anyone has them.

Preferably with the ® registered trademark

I want to do the exact same thing with my 80's white Habs to make it a true Roy rookie year jersey.

I even managed to find a loop style fight strap off a damaged authentic

According to the collector who owned Roy's first NHL jersey, it had a loop style fight strap.

Anyways, anyone who has red-red-blue CCM patches, I want 'em :)

His rookie jersey does have a loop style, but It doesn't look like the ccm had the R on it -

2582979530105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2327488440105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

It does, however, have an extra wide nameplate, so make sure you do that.

I'm gonna take a look around to see if I can find the CCM patch I lost. As well, I have one on my Beezer - 2778792910105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

and the Rangers didn't have a patch on the rear hems back then, so I might try and take it off at some point.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted (LAK and HM)

Found this guy recently -

http://www.ebay.com/...l2649#cvip_desc

Which was kind of an anomoly in that the Flyers only wore a red red blue CCM logo in '83-84, but the jerseys were mesh back then, not ultrafil. Either way, I figured a pro authentic ultrafil Flyers from the 80s shouldn't be passed up for $200 so I bought it.

Having received the jersey today, I took a look at the patch, and noticed the inside was embroidered, and wasn't simply a tag sewn on, and that at the end of the tag, the trademark R wasn't embroidered. Although it didn't appear to be (it was quite flush/low profile, and covered the old one perfectly) I figured it was heat pressed or sewn on overtop of the original CCM logo. So, after a few minutes of carefully trying to remove it, I finally worked it free to reveal the original embroidery from this 1987-89 Flyers jersey :)

Still need to clean up the old logo, but it'll get there.

Mike, I'll send you the red red blue CCM shortly :)

Aw man, I need that CCM logo patch too

Why does that Isles jersey only have 3 stripes in the logo?

Now thats weird and you had me going this morning. I know the original had 3 but recently its had 4. I found this - http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2920982410103227506XhHtrF

so I dont feel completely goofy now, Ill wait for the Isles fans to tell me what I have here.

That is a really sweet Flyers. This arrived today. Finally for my ever slowly moving Isles collection, an Edge 2.0 sz 54. Mailing it out to Stitches in Queens today, they said they could have it done up in a week. Still deciding over Grabner or Tavares.

I love those Royal blue jerseys. Stitches does a great job. They did my Tavares rookie 2.0, and it's perfect, and the price is a bargain in my opinion. Do you mind me asking where you found a 54 though?

eBay, someone was flipping it from the MeiGray sale I think but it was still a deal. Meigray had 54s but they sold out fast and I was supposed to be getting it from another source so I didnt buy it then. *regret*

The reason the Islanders jersey crest has only three stripes instead of four is because of a very little-known rule within the NHL. If your club is non-competitive enough for a certain amount of years...in this case a LOOOOOOONG time, then the earliest championship that team has(if any) will be voided by the league and therefore removed from the record books. So, as of now, the Islanders only have three Stanley Cups to their credit.

His rookie jersey does have a loop style, but It doesn't look like the ccm had the R on it -

It does, however, have an extra wide nameplate, so make sure you do that.

I'm gonna take a look around to see if I can find the CCM patch I lost. As well, I have one on my Beezer - and the Rangers didn't have a patch on the rear hems back then, so I might try and take it off at some point.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted (LAK and HM)

Dibs on the patch :P

Good call on the Roy.....

Well either way, I still need one with an ® for another project that is in the works....

A more serious answer...could the reason be because that initial style of Islanders jersey was a 3rd jersey and therefore replicating the look of the early 1970's jersey? Because, back then, there were only three stripes on the stick. That only changed when they ditched the fishsticks jerseys. That kinda makes sense to me.

EDIT: Hmm...upon further research, it appears that some of the 3rd styles had four stripes on them as well. I have no idea then.

Peter Bondra authentic CCM AirKnit size 52, 1991/1992 Capitals home jersey with NHL 75th Anniversary Patch.

I received this today. Andrew Brunette gamer from 2007-08 preseason. I'm pretty excited about it because it's my first gamer.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2153375340106694328iSPfPZ

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2535839550106694328ZJtvwf

Congrats Mick! Plenty of great Avalanche jerseys for all of us! And check The AHP Facebook wall. Posted some love for ya!

A more serious answer...could the reason be because that initial style of Islanders jersey was a 3rd jersey and therefore replicating the look of the early 1970's jersey? Because, back then, there were only three stripes on the stick. That only changed when they ditched the fishsticks jerseys. That kinda makes sense to me.

EDIT: Hmm...upon further research, it appears that some of the 3rd styles had four stripes on them as well. I have no idea then.

yeah here is the deal I guess, my jersey, for some reason, has this crest-

http://thedeadballera.com/Jersey_Archive/06-07_Park_Throwback_Night.jpg

notice also mine doesnt have the registered mark like this one

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2978635540043248025ZxXXsg

weird

Congrats Mick! Plenty of great Avalanche jerseys for all of us! And check The AHP Facebook wall. Posted some love for ya!

Thank you! I'm going to be sending two more out to DA for some loven.

Brandon, with the registered mark, the first batch of alternates had them, however, when Reebok changed the inside neck tagging, the following season, the registered logo disappeared (or may have been some sort of discrepancy during the season among different sets):

IMG_7423.jpg

They added a 4th stripe to the logo for that jersey to replace the 4 stripes shoulder patch on what was the new alternates back then. Looking through Getty Images of their first official game with that jersey, the logo already had 4 stripes on the ones I could see.

i got this in berlin. i thought it was cool, because it's loaded with patches and the #'s are all embroidered; very little is sublimated

1003758p.jpg1003759d.jpg

and thanks to a forum member, i was able to sell my other gerbe BC jersey and have one with a hockey east patch customized by EPS

303733_10150402966500240_612285239_10331755_1072688670_n.jpg309065_10150402966600240_612285239_10331756_25392867_n.jpg