Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

My biased opinion (From seeing him live in said tourny) is the Olympics,

however the 2011 tourny (his final) is the one that being unconnected is the one i'd get, its even the one i'd have a ahrd time deciding over, the patches are such a nice option

If i were you, get the 2011 one with the C

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Collectors tend to go for heavily patched jerseys (Pens 3-patch for example)

So both from an aesthetic perspective and resale should you want to flip it in the future, option 3

I would do that myself....

Jeff-

Another vote for option #3. That would be a wicked looking jersey.

-Mike

Thanks for the feedback. So that's settled in favor of 4 patches while playing at home as captain, and I do love my patches.

Here's the next one I'd like see what you think. I have an early 1990's USA Tackla jersey. I've got some interesting choices, including a few really off the wall player/number combinations to pick from on this one. For the record, none of these teams won any medals to tip the scales towards recalling any special success.

1989 Worlds

#6 Housley

#34 Vanbiesbrouck

1990 Worlds

#5 Broten

#19 Modano

1991 Worlds

#35 Vanbiesbrouck

27 Roenick

1992 Olympics

17 Tkachuk

1993 Worlds

35 Richter

9 Modano

Thanks for the feedback. So that's settled in favor of 4 patches while playing at home as captain, and I do love my patches.

Here's the next one I'd like see what you think. I have an early 1990's USA Tackla jersey. I've got some interesting choices, including a few really off the wall player/number combinations to pick from on this one. For the record, none of these teams won any medals to tip the scales towards recalling any special success.

1989 Worlds

#34 Vanbiesbrouck

1989 Beezer because

1. I am a goalie, so my bias may be showing here

2. It is the longest name out of the choices.

1990 Worlds

#19 Modano

1993 Worlds

9 Modano

You know the player, take your pick of number, and if he has a letter, take dat one.

I gotta say Vanbiesbrouck as well. A good hockey name and not an obvious choice.

I know you've probably got other jerseys of Roenick, Richter, Modano, etc. so it'd be good to have a Beezer.

A lot of good choices for that one. You can do an 05-06 jersey if you can get the JM patch, otherwise an 06-07 jersey with the 25th anni patch. Elias, Parise, Brodeur, Langenbrunner, Rafalski, Gionta... I could probably list half the rosters from either of those years. That's a tough one.

Parise would be agreat choice he was one I had in mind as I have a few Marty jerseys but being a team issued one he is always possible

I just purchased a 97-98 authentic Canucks home jersey with All Star patch. Any ideas on who I should customize it with? Thinking of Bure, but any other suggestions?

Id say go with a rookie ohlund (still #2) Or go totally exotic, with a first year Canucks Bertuzzi (#27)

As a huge Michigan fan was gonna get Madden put on my home Wild and Hunwick put on my alternate Blue Jackets. Anybody know if these teams and specific jerseys should be layered or reverse kiss cut for name and numbers?

Parise would be agreat choice he was one I had in mind as I have a few Marty jerseys but being a team issued one he is always possible

Do a Parise. I need to go get me one of those and do the same, cuz I just got a game used Parise stick and I think it need a jersey as a partner.

HELP!!

All I can think of is Lanny Mcdonald!?!?

DSCF4503.jpg

While there's nothing wrong with MCDonald, and that's who I went with because of the "C", Wilf Paiement or Rob Ramage are both obvious options, as is Barry Beck and Chico Resch

Off the beaten path is Joel Quenneville or Doug Favell.

Oh! forgot about Ramage and Resch too!

• 2 weeks later...

So I gots me a Islanders Fisherman style jersey, only it's the second version with the traditional Islanders circle logo on it as they were phasing out the fisherman.

This was worn as an alternate in 1996-97 with the Islanders 25th anniversary logo by Ziggy Palffy, among others, but Palffy is really the only one from that season I'd consider personally.

Now in 1997-98 there was some roster turnover, which adds the following options, only without the anniversary patch.

#3 Zdeno Chara

#25 Mariusz Cerkawski

#32 Trevor Linden

In my case, I already have the following Palffy versions. (note the three variations of the "A")

2632651960100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2516170140100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2939932480100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

So, a Chara rookie, a long last name, a star player or a fourth version of a Palffy?

I need some opinions on who I should put on my Buffalo slug team issue from 2006-07. I was thinking maybe Briere, since it's a 52 which might even be the correct size for him, but I'm just not sold on that idea. So, I'm open to suggestions... who would you guys go with?