Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

Six THOUSAND? With like, a comma and 3 zeros? Wow... I could buy like 10 textbooks for that kind of money! Now I know why I'm not a Rangers fan, I can't afford to be. :rolleyes:

As far as the vector/wordmark thing, I've given up on needing to have wordmarks for players from this year. I'm just doing up my 1.0s with whoever I want, regardless... I can live with myself doing that more than I can justify supporting Reebok's Indo idea with my business, and 2.0s (at least for my team, and it sounds like yours too) are just out of the question. If it really starts to bug me, I'll do a wordmark patch if we ever find a way to get those, but I'm not going to pass up on the player I want for such minor details. Honestly, it's already "wrong" enough being a 1.0 in most cases so what's one more tiny little thing? That said, if it's going to bother you horribly to do that, by all means don't... that's just my opinion. :stickhndl:

Great points. $6K for a jersey... that's Gretzky territory for a guy that's played 6 NHL games! I'll have to flip a coin on McDonagh/Kreider.

Thanks guys!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$1K? Try $6K! That's directly from Steiner too. Six thousand dollars for his playoff jersey. Most likely worn in two games.

SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Did you guys hear me??

SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS.

For a Kreider?

And as far as it goes on the vector vs/ wordmark

If you really want a wordmark jersey....and don't want the indo-edge and can't find/afford a game issue/worn 2.0, get a 1.0 and a piece of airknit in the same colour.....get someone to create a wordmark patch and cover up the vector.

A bit of work yes......but if you really want it, it can be done.

I'm just doing up my 1.0s with whoever I want, regardless... I can live with myself doing that more than I can justify supporting Reebok's Indo idea with my business, and 2.0s (at least for my team, and it sounds like yours too) are just out of the question... Honestly, it's already "wrong" enough being a 1.0 in most cases so what's one more tiny little thing?

While I still haven't brought myself to make 2011-12 jerseys out of 1.0's, I think you made some excellent points. It sucks trying to get the details accurate on 2008-11 Edges, knowing that the base jersey is "wrong" anyway. I'm still irritated that Reebok blew the chance to bring us back to the "same as on-ice" days for retail authentics, and made the situation even worse. I still haven't bought an Indo, and I don't think I ever will.

While I still haven't brought myself to make 2011-12 jerseys out of 1.0's, I think you made some excellent points. It sucks trying to get the details accurate on 2008-11 Edges, knowing that the base jersey is "wrong" anyway. I'm still irritated that Reebok blew the chance to bring us back to the "same as on-ice" days for retail authentics, and made the situation even worse. I still haven't bought an Indo, and I don't think I ever will.

I just couldn't believe how bad the quality of the custom Indo's were. I was considering buying one because of the wordmark, but the drop in quality in EVERY other aspect of the jersey is just enormous. They're really just flat out garbage, and the idea of spending $250+ to get one customized just makes me sick. I'm just so pissed that Reebok couldn't freaking release 2.0's. Can't we petition the NHLPA or something? I mean every other sport puts out the proper authentic jersey (albeit the game cut is different for NBA and NFL), why does the NHL have to mess this up too?

Nah, no way. He's already played in about eighty billion times the amount of playoff games that Tavares has. AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Keep in mind, 80 billion times ZERO still equals zero :)

Tavares is Canadian, so you need to convert to Canadian values before multiplying. Duh.

(no offense fellow Canadians. And yes, I know 0 in USD is 0 in CAD)

As mentioned, I'd like the opinions of some Rangers and Flyers lifers on who to get on these. There is definitely no lack of either on this board.

Rangers Away RBK 6100 (54). Which years exactly did they use these? 2005 - 2007? My first thought was Jagr w/ C.

2185305100107092053S425x425Q85.jpg2139410460107092053S425x425Q85.jpg

Flyers 11/12 Home Edge 2.0 (56)

2447716760107092053S425x425Q85.jpg2483136030107092053S425x425Q85.jpg

There are so many players I would like to get put on this, but I want something a bit more on the obscure side. As much as I love Giroux, I just see too many of them.

Madhat,

If you want to go with a player who wore a 56 (because your jersey is a 2.0), you have a few good options. Timonen, Couturier, Simmonds, Voracek and van Riemsdyk all wear a size 56.

I don't see how you can get past Giroux or Hartnell..

I want a Giroux pretty badly..

What size do you take

As mentioned, I'd like the opinions of some Rangers and Flyers lifers on who to get on these. There is definitely no lack of either on this board.

Rangers Away RBK 6100 (54). Which years exactly did they use these? 2005 - 2007? My first thought was Jagr w/ C.

For the white 6100 you can go these routes

Jagr with the "A" (05-06) or "C" (06-07)

Straka with the "A" (06-07)

Nylander with the "A" (05-07)

Shanahan with the "A" (06-07)

Callahan rookie #43 (06-07)

Girardi rookie #53 (06-07)

Dubinsky rookie #48, #54 or #17 (06-07)

So I've been wanting to get 2/4 of the top 4 d-men on the Rangers for a while now. I was leaning towards Staal and Del Zotto but after the 3OT game the other night I am definitely getting a McDonagh. Im having a hard time choosing between Staal, Del Zotto and Girardi on the other one. Btw, one is gonna be a road jersey and the other a Heritage, so I'd appreciate some help deciding what player on what jersey. Thanks!

Girardi.

Not enough Girardis.........

Timonen with the alt captains "A". Heck, you can even do a Hartnell with the "A". Just love the way the white "A" pops on the orange home jerseys. Briere w/ the "A" is always an option and Talbot is a solid choice. At least both of them know when to go for a line change :(.