2011 NHL ASG Jersey

NYIJM29

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than using twill or a stiff material for the name/numbers, they make it out of airknit or Edge fabric(or some other non-twill material), so it takes the same contour as the jersey. I am pretty sure this is how it was explained when someone posted up a Blues preseason gamer that had the smooth fit numbers.

Meaning these are going to be a blast to get customized? Yay. Thanks!

It's regular twill; not material. But it's dye-sublimated instead of layers of twill. So basically it's cheap crap.

EVEN BETTER! I hope EPS can do it.

It's regular twill; not material. But it's dye-sublimated instead of layers of twill. So basically it's cheap crap.

Was the ASG in 2009 used with this customization? I thought it was kiss cut twill.

BizNasty was obviously a joke, even though not too many of you caught it :rolleyes: . However, the guy is probably my favorite NHL player because of his Twitter account. (Does anyone besides myself follow him?)

http://twitter.com/BizNasty2point0

Aketon, I agree that E.Staal is probably going to be a captain (unfortunately Crosby will probably be the other. I hope if Crosby is captain, everyone refuses to play on his team. I lost all of the little respect I had for him during 24/7. But I digress). Marc is one of only 3 rangers players that I would want on the Isles. But you are right. Having him in the game is like saying Andy MacDonald from the NYI deserves to be in the game.

Bull F(&^*** s***. Marc Staal is a top 10 defensemen in this league. Andy MacDonald was in the ECHL 3 years ago.

Bull F(&^*** s***. Marc Staal is a top 10 defensemen in this league. Andy MacDonald was in the ECHL 3 years ago.

Staal is a defensive-dman that can play offense. AMac is a defensive-dman that can play offense. They are similar players. That was the point I was trying to make. Staal is not a top 10 defenseman in the league (AMac is no where near top 20, before you post something). Figuring you are going to say name the d-men better than Staal:

Defensemen that are in the top 10 in no order:

Chara

Lidstrom

Doughty

Keith

Letang

Seabrook

Byfuglien

Weber

Pronger

Streit

Staal is definitely in the top 20.

Was the ASG in 2009 used with this customization? I thought it was kiss cut twill.

Yeh, 2009 in Montreal was the first time smoothfit was used in an ASG. Here's the press release from NHL.com.

There's a couple other names this stuff goes by - SubliStitch and SubliTwill. but it's all basically as Mike said, single layer twill with a sublimated design to look like multiple layers. I think our friend Guam FireBoudreau has a Preds gamer with this style lettering, complete with fake stitch marks.

Staal is a defensive-dman that can play offense. AMac is a defensive-dman that can play offense. They are similar players. That was the point I was trying to make. Staal is not a top 10 defenseman in the league (AMac is no where near top 20, before you post something). Figuring you are going to say name the d-men better than Staal:

Defensemen that are in the top 10 in no order:

Chara

Lidstrom

Doughty

Keith

Letang

Seabrook

Byfuglien

Weber

Pronger

Streit

Staal is definitely in the top 20.

Just going to post one link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/the-nhls-top-defensive-defencemen/article1527022/

He did this as a 23 year old remember. Also, Crosby is inflating Letang's stats there's no way in hell he's in the top 10 best defensemen in the league based on their careers.

Just going to post one link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/the-nhls-top-defensive-defencemen/article1527022/

He did this as a 23 year old remember. Also, Crosby is inflating Letang's stats there's no way in hell he's in the top 10 best defensemen in the league based on their careers.

Like I said, Staal is one of three rangers I would like the Isles to have (Staal, Callahan, and Stepan). He has the possibility to be a great dman in the league for a very long time.

Yeh, 2009 in Montreal was the first time smoothfit was used in an ASG. Here's the press release from NHL.com.

There's a couple other names this stuff goes by - SubliStitch and SubliTwill. but it's all basically as Mike said, single layer twill with a sublimated design to look like multiple layers. I think our friend Guam FireBoudreau has a Preds gamer with this style lettering, complete with fake stitch marks.

There was also a Ducks jersey for Whitney Spears that had smoothfit lettering without the fake stitch marks. It was a road jersey that was needed in a hurry right near the trade deadline.

Mike Green sucks.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-447164700-1294863481.jpg?ym5B6YED3UizE6_a

new pic via Puck Daddy of the front number placement. pretty awful

There was also a Ducks jersey for Whitney Spears that had smoothfit lettering without the fake stitch marks. It was a road jersey that was needed in a hurry right near the trade deadline.

I thought that was SubliStitch?

There's a couple other names this stuff goes by - SubliStitch and SubliTwill. but it's all basically as Mike said, single layer twill with a sublimated design to look like multiple layers.
I thought that was SubliStitch?

It's all the same stuff - just a couple different companies. SubliTwill did the Preds (according to their website). The Ducks used SubliStitch. Reebok calls it Smoothfit.

I still call it Fail.

It's all the same stuff - just a couple different companies. SubliTwill did the Preds (according to their website). The Ducks used SubliStitch. Reebok calls it Smoothfit.

I still call it Fail.

Thanks for the help.

Here is 2009's ASG jersey http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=101916851&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=102263561

I still call it Fail.

I like your version better. :lol:

Mike Green sucks.

Did you guys read the article on icethetics? Something about the spacing between the front crest and the collar. Looks like those front center numbers won't fit on the Premiers because the spacing is too small. Are we forced to buy an Authentic jersey if we plan to customize it? Well, nice move, Reebok... you bast***s.

Things could be worse. They could've waited till the team captains were announced and printed them up to say "Team Crosby" or "Team Toews". Then we'd all look like a bunch of Twilight fans.

These are a little better than I expected, but not by much.

Oh man it's like wearing a sunburst abortion on your back. Yikes. Sorry, Giroux, you might get passed this year...