2011 NHL ASG Jersey

NYIJM29

I just came back from the Isles game and they were selling white Grabner ASG jerseys.

1) Replica only

2) No Isles patch

3) No number on the front (I honestly forgot to look, but I dont think it was there)

4) No smoothfit. It was three layer twill and the top red layer had no line design.

5) It costs $227 lol

I was just going to embarrass them, but a woman who recently started working there waited on me and I didn't want to be mean to her. They had a big box full of these jerseys. I think they are going to go on sale at the Isles draft party for 30-50% off.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came back from the Isles game and they were selling white Grabner ASG jerseys.

1) Replica only

2) No Isles patch

3) No number on the front (I honestly forgot to look, but I dont think it was there)

4) No smoothfit. It was three layer twill and the top red layer had no line design.

5) It costs $227 lol

I was just going to embarrass them, but a woman who recently started working there waited on me and I didn't want to be mean to her. They had a big box full of these jerseys. I think they are going to go on sale at the Isles draft party for 30-50% off.

Wait. Grabner didn't play in the all star game. Although I think He did wore the jersey for the draft right?

Wait. Grabner didn't play in the all star game. Although I think He did wore the jersey for the draft right?

Correct. When the rookies were put on the teams, each had 2 jerseys, 1 of each color, and they put it on. So technically it wasn't worn in a game, but there is photographic evidence that he wore it. If the price is right, I would buy one, however, I would probably be eyeing the GU equipment and jerseys at the Isles Draft Party :thumbsup: (Pretty sad when I am already looking forward to the draft party)

Correct. When the rookies were put on the teams, each had 2 jerseys, 1 of each color, and they put it on. So technically it wasn't worn in a game, but there is photographic evidence that he wore it. If the price is right, I would buy one, however, I would probably be eyeing the GU equipment and jerseys at the Isles Draft Party :thumbsup: (Pretty sad when I am already looking forward to the draft party)

PM me the date. We will be in touch around then...

• 7 months later...

So...is EPS the only place that can do these All-Star jerseys? I really dont wanna go to them but i want my two replicas customized very badly.

They did a good job with my blue replica. You will get the small front numbers, since the NHL shield is higher on the replica than on the authentic, so the large numbers don't fit. I also had them strip off the screened ASG shoulder patch and they replaced it with an authentic one, so it looks a hell of a lot better.

They did a good job with my blue replica. You will get the small front numbers, since the NHL shield is higher on the replica than on the authentic, so the large numbers don't fit. I also had them strip off the screened ASG shoulder patch and they replaced it with an authentic one, so it looks a hell of a lot better.

Thanks, do you remember how much it costs? I always used Stitches and they only charge 50 to customize, i know the once i contacted EPS and it was like 75 bucks or some crap.

If I remember correctly it was something like $55 or so for the basic job, but they also charge $3.50 extra to sew on the team patch, and for me it was another $6.50 or so to strip off the screened ASG patch and sew on the authentic one. So it should be well under $75.

If I remember correctly it was something like $55 or so for the basic job, but they also charge $3.50 extra to sew on the team patch, and for me it was another $6.50 or so to strip off the screened ASG patch and sew on the authentic one. So it should be well under $75.

Oh thats not bad then. I actually dug up the old thread i started about Dangle kits and emailed Erik. Maybe there is a way he can get some of the kits for the all-star jerseys. Would be a miracle breakthrough.

Oh thats not bad then. I actually dug up the old thread i started about Dangle kits and emailed Erik. Maybe there is a way he can get some of the kits for the all-star jerseys. Would be a miracle breakthrough.

I asked Dangle about these and he said he couldn't do them. I have my kit coming in from EPS soon, they quoted it at $50 I believe, 3-layered with subliminated top.

The gamers probably do have single-layer, but triple-layer with top layer sublimated is how EPS makes them, at least for now.

Ok, gamers are single layer. EPS said they could do it if I wait for their sublimation machine to arrive, but said the 3 layer will look the same, just won't have subbed layers. Which I'm ok with for 2 reasons: 1) can't find anywhere that can do the single layer, the place that did the gamers will only do large batch orders of the same player and 2) I hate the sublimated garbage, and it's only aesthetically necessary for the top.

Side note, why hasn't anyone told me that I look like a complete idiot saying "subliminated" instead of "sublimated?" Jerks. No idea I was using a made up word.

Three layers? That doesn't sound right. I thought those numbers were a single-layer that was dyed to look like more.

Ted Stahl posted back in January on his blog about how Stahl's pulled off the NHL All Star Game.

• 2 months later...

2 Things I learned:

1) Stitches NY might be able to customize the ASG jerseys, but they do 3 layer twill and do not have the lines on the back numbers.

2) There is a place in Ontario called "Silver something Sports" and they do the lettering for NHL.com, sublimated twill with the lines. However, the kit seems small. The sublimated twill looks nicer in person, but the 3 layer twill looks "realer"

2 Things I learned:

1) Stitches NY might be able to customize the ASG jerseys, but they do 3 layer twill and do not have the lines on the back numbers.

2) There is a place in Ontario called "Silver something Sports" and they do the lettering for NHL.com, sublimated twill with the lines. However, the kit seems small. The sublimated twill looks nicer in person, but the 3 layer twill looks "realer"

Silver Crystal Sports is Coolhockey.com

Silver Crystal Sports is Coolhockey.com

Good to know!

I am probably going to go with the three layer customization. Aesthetically, the sublimated stuff looks nice, but the three layers just looks "right" (maybe because the Silver Crystal Sports kit was too small I have the wrong image in my head, but I have time to decide on what I am going to do)

One question about the replicas. It was mentioned on here that the crest was stitched to the jersey. If thats true, did anyone try to strip it and move it down for the regular size chest numbers?

One question about the replicas. It was mentioned on here that the crest was stitched to the jersey. If thats true, did anyone try to strip it and move it down for the regular size chest numbers?

Only the letters "NHL" is stitched. If you take it to get customized, ask and the customizer can sew the crest down