2011 NHL ASG Jersey

NYIJM29

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... they seem to want to put a number above the crest and below the collar... I wonder how that is going to look... :mellow:

Not bad. I had hoped for something like 2002 and 2003. Wish you could get one before the actual "draft". Kind of loses steam when you can't get one properly sewn until weeks after the game..

Hoping Nash is on the blue team if selected...

Edited by GoalMouthPass

The pinstripe like arms do not look good at all. Though the rest of it doesn't look that bad. I'll withhold further judgment until I see what it looks like with the chosen font for names and numbers.

In a previous post on icethetics he discussed what they are doing for the numbers, and it was just as bad as the jersey pic released:

0107-allstar-backnum.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1294426650085

I'm not a fan of this new pen-stripe stuff and I imagine there will be a lot of incorrectly done jerseys as many different customizing places will take a different approach to trying to replicate this.

I haven't liked an All-star jersey since 2004 in Minnesota, why can't they do something vintage again?

Word, brother.

These are fine...nothing special. But those 2004 sweaters were all-time.

Green getting selected over Carlson is an absolute F(&^*** disgrace. :angry:

How about Kessel over Richards?

I think a 91-92 TBTC all star game style update would look stellar on the ice, especially with HD and the new colors available to dye the jersey. Those Red TBTC's would be out of this world.

I will say, i'm happy to see the "EAST" and "WEST" wordmarks gone from the jerseys... I mean really, a 2 year old can be more creative than turning a word into a logo...

Overall, they're not terrible, but a blast from the past would look much better...

How about Kessel over Richards?

About half the Waffles roster would have been more deserving than Fill Kessel. But hey at least they took the least objectionable Flyer.

Uh oh:

The league confirms the opposite shoulder will bear the player's home team logo. That article also contains more details about the uniforms including Reebok's new Smoothfit numbering and lettering.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/1/11/official-nhl-all-star-jerseys-revealed.html

This is the 3rd time Reebok has tried to introduce the SmoothFit lettering system (starting with the 2009 ASG).

I've totally changed my mind. I think this is great. It's downright awesome.

My thought is every time Reebok tries to "innovate" they end up failing. So I want them to keep trying. That way someday in the not too distance future "Reebok" will be synonymous with "fail" like "Xerox" is with "photocopy".

"My parents grounded me because I
Reebok'd
my math test"

"Tommy tried a new move on his skateboard and face planted so I shouted
EPIC REEBOK
!"

"Susan was shocked that her marriage
Reebok'd
, but I could see it coming."

"Another setback as NASA's latest satellite experienced a catastrophic
Reebok
shortly after launch"

Well, at least I only need to buy one jersey. Stupid NHL hating the Flyers. Richards and Briere being snubbed makes me mad.

Well, at least I only need to buy one jersey. Stupid NHL hating the Flyers. Richards and Briere being snubbed makes me mad.

The Wings got a major snub too, Lidstrom's the only one that got selected. I suppose its better this way, the All Star game is kind of a joke and the team could probably use the extra rest.

This is the 3rd time Reebok has tried to introduce the SmoothFit lettering system (starting with the 2009 ASG).

I've totally changed my mind. I think this is great. It's downright awesome.

My thought is every time Reebok tries to "innovate" they end up failing. So I want them to keep trying. That way someday in the not too distance future "Reebok" will be synonymous with "fail" like "Xerox" is with "photocopy".

"My parents grounded me because I
Reebok'd
my math test"

"Tommy tried a new move on his skateboard and face planted so I shouted
EPIC REEBOK
!"

"Susan was shocked that her marriage
Reebok'd
, but I could see it coming."

"Another setback as NASA's latest satellite experienced a catastrophic
Reebok
shortly after launch"

Is it too early in the year to nominate something for post of the year?