It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

There are a few left, and the base price is $750. I'm hoping one of the USA world championships (ok one of the Kreiders) stay low, and someone PM's me with an offer for one or both of my jerseys HINT HINT HINT

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HA!! You're a good sport dude...even if you are a Flyers fan. :D

I don't have feelings lol. Besides, I spend my whole life making fun of everyone, so I'd be a hypocrite to not laugh at others insults. They please me.

What size is the Ireland jersey?

Hahahahahahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

HOLY s*** IT FINALLY MATERIALIZED! Some background to that story, about a year to year and a half ago I was helping IIHF do some research to find some obscure national team jerseys. I was just really bored and needed something to do. So one way to scour for jerseys is to look on facebook for old players based on the rosters that are on the IIHF website. So I looked for different croatian players, and happened to found one that was considering selling his jersey. That was a long time ago, and never thought the deal would be completed. It was my pleasure helping you out, it was lots of fun!

I love the blue and orange combination of the Islanders jerseys. Much more so than the blue and orange of the Oilers jerseys. They can burn in hell.

Great pick ups, especially a 2.0.

Very nice pick ups. Love the 2.0 Isles jersey. :thumbsup:

Finally.(and thanks to XCdude for the help. he will be rewarded)

only about 6 more jerseys im really really searching hard for...

(North Korea home and away nike, greece white nike,Ireland green nike/SP, Taiwan home and away nike)

You mean these Taiwan jerseys with the strange humanoids on the crest?

taiwanwhite.jpg

taiwanred.jpg

Team Ireland jersey(courtesy of Mr. IIHF):

WOW that is awesome! I've never even seen a game-worn of those. I have a blank one I purchased from their website, but it feels pretty plain with no name/number. I've been wanting to get it customized, but those numbers are sublimated, right?

Yes sir. Everything is sublimated except for the small harp logo at the back of the neck right above the nameplate. It's a sewn-on piece of fabric with the harp dyed on. I don't know why but I think it's the coolest part of the jersey.

Yes sir. Everything is sublimated except for the small harp logo at the back of the neck right above the nameplate. It's a sewn-on piece of fabric with the harp dyed on. I don't know why but I think it's the coolest part of the jersey.

Yea they have that on the blank ones too, pretty unique I think.

I got my Berard Wave Isles jersey in the mail...I knew it was used, but the guy said some faint stains were on it. I would say they are more than faint. Would it be easy to remove them? They are yellowish on the front. The reason why I bought it was becuase it was cheaper than getting my own sent out to get customized and the lettering was correct, I think it is reverse kiss cut.

Here are some pictures:

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

And this is reverse kiss cut, correct?

IMG_3992.jpg

I feel your pain on the stains. I have received a few that have cola stains on them. I've tried everything to get them out to no avail. I don't feel as nervous when I go to games now.

Turn it inside-out and throw it in the wash on the gentle cycle. Those stains should come out. I've had similiar crud on jerseys before and they all came out in the wash.

Questions answered:

Good to know the jersey was legit. I would have felt like garbage if it turned out to be fake.

Dreft stain remover will usually get most of the stains out after a few washes. I will be using that on this jersey that I got today (see stain on right elbow):

2266981520105040840S500x500Q85.jpg2780601060105040840S500x500Q85.jpg

In regards to the stain removal, i've had some success using a combination of cold water, spray and wash stain remover (Resolve Brand), and a bath tub. Try spraying the stained material spot from the inside and outside and let that sit for 10-15 mins. Once it's soaked in fill the tub with cold water until it's enough to submerge the jersey. Just gently agitate the stain with your fingers or a white wash cloth, and that should take it out. Try repeating if there is a little discoloration left. Depending on if the previous owner washed it with hot water, or if the stain has set in over many years and is a harsh color you may not be able to remove it. However, it will definitely brighten the crest and those stains look quite pale, you should be fine.

Thanks for the help everybody! I greatly appreciate it. It will probably be washed tomorrow and I will let it sit overnight with some sort of stain remover. I was thinkong about buying a frame (one that can open/close) if it doesn't work.

Totally geeked out by what's in my hand right now. Its a 1977 Quebec Nordics AVCO Cup jersey. Game worn from the WHA, I'm about to run, so I WILL have pictures later. Man I got it right after I left for school and its been waiting in my closet. This is so awesome.