It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

That Z is awesome - I really need to find myself a Red Wings Edge 2.0.

It's pricey, and unfortunately the seller thought it would be cool to customize it with Yzerman, but here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Yzerman-Detroit-Red-Wings-Jersey-Edge-2-0-54-/300488697012?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45f685a4b4

You might be able to lowball him if it sits on ebay a while without any offers.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's pricey, and unfortunately the seller thought it would be cool to customize it with Yzerman, but here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Yzerman-Detroit-Red-Wings-Jersey-Edge-2-0-54-/300488697012?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45f685a4b4

You might be able to lowball him if it sits on ebay a while without any offers.

The captain's C is on the wrong side there.

I sure wouldnt pay $250 for it

That Z is awesome - I really need to find myself a Red Wings Edge 2.0.

Thanks man, i was pysched to get it but i dont know how much i like the 2.0 compared to the 1.0, its cool and al but i probably wont wear it that much. Definitely a cool pick up, and believe it or not i traded a Trotter eagles jersey and a Burgess raiders jersey for it.

Yzerman doesn't belong on it at all. The guy probably just didn't know any better, figured he'd make more money off of it by getting The Captain's name on it. Little did he know he shot himself in the foot, since Yzerman never wore that jersey. He'd probably get more money on it by selling it blank, since the 2.0's are rare.

I think he is going for the look when Yzerman played (Captains C on the left)

post-1968-129003305461_thumb.jpg

Just a quick comment about this image. I've also seen Detroit wear the captain's C on the right as well. When does this happen? Are there any particular circumstances?

Well, prior to the EDGE switch over, the Wings always wore the C on the left side. Once that happened though, it moved to the right. I hate it like that. It made the Stanley Cup patches look cluttered.

Just a quick comment about this image. I've also seen Detroit wear the captain's C on the right as well. When does this happen? Are there any particular circumstances?

They wear the C on the right of their jerseys all the time now, I think ever since the RBK jerseys came out. That's why I pointed out that it was wrong. I think Detriot and the Coyotes third jersey are the only jerseys that have the C or A on the right side

If that was that person's intention, thats almost a double whammy to me. The wrong style jersey for Yzerman, and the C is not on the correct side for that jersey

Well, prior to the EDGE switch over, the Wings always wore the C on the left side. Once that happened though, it moved to the right. I hate it like that. It made the Stanley Cup patches look cluttered.

They wear the C on the right of their jerseys all the time now, I think ever since the RBK jerseys came out. That's why I pointed out that it was wrong. I think Detriot and the Coyotes third jersey are the only jerseys that have the C or A on the right side

Thanks to both of you. :thumbsup: The reason I pointed it out is because I do remember Detroit wearing the "C" on the right during the '08 and '09 SCFs. Because of the patch there obviously isn't room for the "C" or "A." I don't watch many of their regular season games so I don't really pay attention to how the C is positioned.

The Avalanche have it on the right side too actually.

EDIT: No, they don't! Don't mind me.

Not on their current jerseys.

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/106901055/Getty-Images-Sport

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/106890554/Getty-Images-Sport

Did they on the pre-rbk jerseys?

The Avalanche have it on the right side too actually.

EDIT: No, they don't! Don't mind me.

Haha its all good!

I got my views confused. I kept thinking to myself, "Wait, MOST teams wear it on the right side!" but that's because I was looking at it in my head from the front; not while wearing it. Crisis averted! Go about your business. :D

Okay, next time I see a new post in this thread, I want it to be instructions for me to buy a blank Red Wings white EDGE 2.0 jersey...OR ELSE!

The captain's letter on the Red Wings EDGE jerseys are on the right side as a compromise for keeping the winged-wheel logo the same size as it was, they had to switch it to the right side because the wings on the logo went too far up for the letter to be there.

Okay, next time I see a new post in this thread, I want it to be instructions for me to buy a blank Red Wings white EDGE 2.0 jersey...OR ELSE!

Can't help you with that, but I do have good news. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.

The captain's letter on the Red Wings EDGE jerseys are on the right side as a compromise for keeping the winged-wheel logo the same size as it was, they had to switch it to the right side because the wings on the logo went too far up for the letter to be there.

Can't help you with that, but I do have good news. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.

[/quot

that was perfect timing on that one haha

I got mine in a trade with some guy..i honestly think he bought it off the guy with the yzerman jersey everyone is talking about. I said the only way id consider a trade is if he got a red wings edge jersey and he came back and said this guy has a zetterberg or yzerman 2.0 ill pick up which one would i want..i went with zetterberg. Im thinking this is the same guy and that may be the only shot of getting a 2.0.. I would trade mine for a rbk edge 1.0 easily.

I would trade mine for a rbk edge 1.0 easily.

Are you saying that you like the 1.0's better than the 2.0's? Because if that's the case, you can have my 1.0 jersey, and I'll gladly take that 2.0 off your hands :thumbsup:

Are you saying that you like the 1.0's better than the 2.0's? Because if that's the case, you can have my 1.0 jersey, and I'll gladly take that 2.0 off your hands thumbsup.gif

what size and who is it?

These came in a week ago from EPS, and I'm finally getting around to throwing them on here:

-Predators Timonen, 52: I'm happy with how this turned out and I've been wanting this one for a while:

HPIM1830.jpg

HPIM1831.jpg

-Canada Richards, XL: This was my frankenstein that was missing the two patches, EPS put the new ones on for me and did a great job on the customization. I especially like where they put the nameplate. With that said, I don't think I'll ever wear this jersey as it's really awkward to wear...I like swim in it. The sleeves are too baggy as well. Oh well:

HPIM1832.jpg

HPIM1833.jpg

-Phillies Phanatic jersey, child Medium, authentic: This is one that's guaranteed to stand out at the stadium. My girlfriend's always wanted a Phanatic jersey, and EPS helped me make it happen. It was hard enough hunting down the children's jersey (she's skinny haha), as the new ones are absolute garbage so I had to find a circa 2005ish one to get a decent logo. Plus they stopped putting out authentic kid sizes, so all that was available were those crappy screen printed twill ones. This one looks absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to give her this jersey for Christmas:

HPIM1828.jpg

HPIM1829.jpg