It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Totally geeked out by what's in my hand right now. Its a 1977 Quebec Nordics AVCO Cup jersey. Game worn from the WHA, I'm about to run, so I WILL have pictures later. Man I got it right after I left for school and its been waiting in my closet. This is so awesome.

sweet, nice pickup!

Good to know the jersey was legit. I would have felt like garbage if it turned out to be fake.

Oh please. I would NOT have held you responsible for that. It was worth a gamble for that price and since it turned out okay, everyone's a winner! I have a feeling it was left over because there was NOOOOOOOBODY on that lineup who could have squeezed themselves into a size 52 jersey! I think the closest would have been Pavel Datsyuk but even his gamer was a 56. Oh well; that's who I'm making it into anyway.

Thanks for the help everybody! I greatly appreciate it. It will probably be washed tomorrow and I will let it sit overnight with some sort of stain remover. I was thinkong about buying a frame (one that can open/close) if it doesn't work.

My two cents - be really patient on the crest. In my experience, the twill is tougher to clean than the air-knit. I had a really tricky stain on a Pens crest, but eventually it came out just using Shout/Spray n Wash followed by a couple hours rest and a gentle rinse cycle ("delicates" for a hockey jersey, lol).

My two cents - be really patient on the crest. In my experience, the twill is tougher to clean than the air-knit. I had a really tricky stain on a Pens crest, but eventually it came out just using Shout/Spray n Wash followed by a couple hours rest and a gentle rinse cycle ("delicates" for a hockey jersey, lol).

I will try whatever lol. I think the guy wore it to play hockey which is a) weird and b-) disgusting. There were yellow stains on the inside of one sleeve. I just put Tide on the spots and it will be washed on delicate and air-dried.

So I washed it and the crest is now white, but two of the stains did not come out, but they did fade a bit. I am letting the jersey sit in Tide as we speak. Thanks for all of the help!

Should I leave the eBay seller pos/neutral/neg feedback? I am worried I will not get positive feedback if I leave him neg/neutral.

This was part of the description

Gently Used. Multiple small faint stains on front of jersey. No holes.

Like I said, the stains were not faint and it did not appear gently used.

The thing I don't understand was why didn't he wash the jersey before selling it? He probably would have had more bids if he said it was clean (I thought it was a lot cleaner).

Well, don't worry about the feedback thing because sellers cannot leave anything but positive feedback now. Feel free to complain away about him!

Well, don't worry about the feedback thing because sellers cannot leave anything but positive feedback now. Feel free to complain away about him!

Haha thanks!

Edit: I am not going to leave feedback. He has a 99.2% and is one of their "power-sellers" so I need to wait 7 days after purchase to leave feedback. I am going to ask him if he can refund shipping.

Be careful there. If you've already washed it, he might not take it back. You probably shouldn't mention that if you ask for a refund.

I am keeping the jersey, just asked to refund shipping ($8). All I said was, the stains were darker than described, is it possible to refund the shipping?

I don't understand why he didn't wash the jersey before the listing.

As nasty as it is I wish some guys would not wash the jersey before they sell. Some of these guys do not know how to wash the things so the crests end up getting wrinkled in the process. If they let it be and I got to wash it that would have never happened.

I got some nice ones in today courtesy of two of the greatest people in the world. One of which is a member here!

2010-11 Los Angeles Kings Opening Night 1970 throwback from game against Vancouver:

dcirca2010bReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

His there some kind of tagging on this jersey from the people who customized it? Do we know who customizes Kings jerseys?

Love the blackhawks jersey, such a classic. Although the 88 on the back doesn't look quite centered when compared with the fight strap? Still a gorgeous jersey!

They probably centered the 88 based on the Reebok vector logo by the color, and the nameplate. I'm willing to bet that the fight strap isn't centered, not that this is a problem or anything.

Nice looking sweater, don't know why you'd want a Blackhawk's jersey though :lol:

They probably centered the 88 based on the Reebok vector logo by the color, and the nameplate. I'm willing to bet that the fight strap isn't centered, not that this is a problem or anything.

Nice looking sweater, don't know why you'd want a Blackhawk's jersey though :lol:

Yeah your probably right, I just looked at the distance from each 8 to the side inserts and it was a little off but I think we can agree a great jersey nonetheless. Great pickup!

Nice 'Hawks Patrick Kane pickup! :thumbsup: I would have to agree with you that SportsK does fairly nice customization work (they send the jerseys to a sewing company). I had a Penguins Crosby EDGE done by them and I really like how it turned out. Makes me want to keep going back to them. Plus, their customization prices aren't bad either.

Great Hawks sweater. You've got to remember not every fight strap and logo will be sewn on straight. You have to base the centering on the seams running along the sides (it kinda frames the back numbers). Makes me want to put on my white Kane.

My Jerseys

Edited by pinheadpuckguy