It is good or not?

lafountain

One of the closest fakes I've seen. NHL shield is a patch, material looks like 1.0 mesh, and the lettering is really accurate. Strap is still garbage, but that was the one dead giveaway

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-52-XL-SEWN-FIGHTSTRAP-VTG-J-IGINLA-CALGARY-FLAMES-HOCKEY-JERSEY-CANADA-MADE-/360623352273?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item53f6d3a9d1

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the crest immediately looked too fake, the "C" on the front overly stitched like they do on the fakes, and the shot of the back with the closeup on the name showed they aren't using real twill, finally the vector looked like trash.

As long as they continue to cut corners on the fake twill material, I think it'll still be easy to spot them.

as Akteon had mentioned, the Vector, material used and fight strap are dead giveaways of a fake..

BEWARE: For anybody bidding in this Gunzo's Blackhawks see below from Sulli (big Hawks game worn collector).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171014992987?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

"Looks like a Frankenstein jersey that Gunzos probably put together. The ccm patch on the hem was used in 84-85 only, the all sewn goalie man and Gunzos was used in 86-87 only."

BEWARE: For anybody bidding in this Gunzo's Blackhawks see below from Sulli (big Hawks game worn collector).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171014992987?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

"Looks like a Frankenstein jersey that Gunzos probably put together. The ccm patch on the hem was used in 84-85 only, the all sewn goalie man and Gunzos was used in 86-87 only."

Plus, the fabric looks like silk drapes.

Fake right?

But can you explain why? I could use a few replies here, majority view rules.

Help educate my friend here. I'm a bit confused on this one too since it does look like a good fake at least.

Please note the stretchy fight strap. Kinda strange that it has the 30th Anniversary patch, eh? Is the patch at least real?

101_4845.jpg

101_4848.jpg

101_4847.jpg

101_4850.jpg

101_4852.jpg

101_4855.jpg

101_4856.jpg

101_4858.jpg

Like said above, no 48+ was made. Also the fight strap is attached horribly. It should be a piece of twill that is larger and better attached than that one.

I cannot speak for the patch, but I would assume it's fake as it's on a fake jersey.

Just tell him Reebok doesn't make jerseys in size 48+

He should be telling his friend not to buy Horcoff jerseys, real or fake.

Is there a quality difference between home and away crests? I have a Kings white 7187A and a black 7187A. The stitch quality on the crest on the black jersey seems inferior to the white jersey crest. The details are a little fuzzy and not as sharp as on the white jersey. And the outline stitching of the crest is better on the white jersey, too.

White on the left, black (still in plastic) on the right.

Note 1, the white torpedo patch at the base of the crown is bigger on the white jersey than on the black one.

Note 2, the black jersey crest does have glitter, but the plastic and camera angle didn't capture it well (if at all).

cadd63b0-2496-4390-adde-4b8cf479f706.jpg

50a55ad6-70c7-4ff6-99d8-a1836e4a86f8.jpg

Edited by CoolinLA

I don't know this for a fact, but I think the difference in quality of the crests has more to do with the date of manufacture rather than the home vs. away issue. I have 8 of these, both white and black, both 1.0 retails and 2.0 gamers. On the 1.0's nearly all of the white and black ones have the small "torpedo," as you call it, with the slightly less sharp and distinct embroidery. Only one of my 1.0's has the large torpedo with the sharper embroidery, and it's black, not white like yours. This one was more recently manufactured, and has a born-on date of 2010. All the others were the earliest models with born-on dates in 2007. All of my 2.0 gamers, both black and white, were from the 2009/10 through 2011/12 seasons, and all of them have the large torpedo and sharp embroidery. So while I can't be absolutely certain about this, I would guess that all the earlier-made Edges had the small torpedo crest, and somewhere around 2008 or 2009 they switched to the large torpedo crest for both retails and gamers.

Can you check the born-on date of your white one, if you have it? Hopefully it will support my theory...

Yes it is. January 2008 may be a little early to support my theory. I looked at photos of a bunch of gamers and it seemed to me that the 2007/08's had the small torpedo. 2009 and later all had the larger torpedo. The 2008/09's seemed mixed. So unless new evidence comes to light, I'm going to stick with my original assumption that the earliest Edges had the small torpedo and less sharp embroidery, and sometime around 2008 they started to switch to the large torpedo crest.

The stitch quality on the crest on the black jersey seems inferior to the white jersey crest. The details are a little fuzzy and not as sharp as on the white jersey. And the outline stitching of the crest is better on the white jersey, too.

3tktbt-vi.jpg

Good to know!

I appreciate the heads up, I was the 1st bidder (and current high bidder) and I still plan on making a healthy run at it.

If anyone else is going to make a go for it please shoot me a PM so we are not KO'ing each other. :thumbsup:

"Fake right?

But can you explain why? I could use a few replies here, majority view rules.

Help educate my friend here. I'm a bit confused on this one too since it does look like a good fake at least.

Please note the stretchy fight strap. Kinda strange that it has the 30th Anniversary patch, eh? Is the patch at least real?"

Since you asked for your friend to be educated (and you asked for several replies) I can tell you 1 of the 1st things i learned after joining here a few months ago is "FIGHT STRAP ATTACHMENT".

You will almost always see fight straps attached like this:the 1 on the left is real.It will normally always attach just at the bottom of the number on the back of the jersey. For more info see the link attached below.

FightStrapcomparison1.jpg

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2011/09/hockey-jersey-training-camp-day-3-how.html

They're all fake except for the last one, which is a legit replica.