It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) i am not 100% sure if this jersey is real or if its a fake.

2) seller claims its a edge 2.0 but the tag number is for a 1.0

3) it has no reebok tag inside the jersey. I did some research and saw that only game issue or game worn jersies dont have the tag..so i dont know. Any thoughts?

post-8456-0-83436100-1366153633_thumb.jp

post-8456-0-93307900-1366153652_thumb.jp

post-8456-0-87311400-1366153660_thumb.jp

post-8456-0-08563700-1366153678_thumb.jp

It's a team-issued 2.0. You can clearly see the air-knit material on the neck and sleeves. The neck tags say 7187 regardless of whether the jersey is a 1.0 or 2.0.

I think that's about right for a 1.0. 1.0's are a lot skinnier than other jersey styles with the same numeric size.

I think that's about right for a 1.0. 1.0's are a lot skinnier than other jersey styles with the same numeric size.

What is the sizing for a 2.0 then? And how do I go about finding a 2.0?

Apologies for being a NHL authentic jersey noob. I've only collected NBA and NFL authentics. How can a 56 be 25 inches but a replica XXL be 29.5 inches? I'm in a pickle because I'm 6'4, 230 (muscular) and have really broad shoulders. I don't think a 56 would fit. Ugh.

ETA: NHL.com has authentic sizing for a 56 at 29 inches pit to pit.

We all were once. Reebok doesnt make it any easier. Its a nice jersey, I have a Koivu just like it in my collection. They are hard to find. You buying it?

All my size 56 2.0's are around 27 1/2" wide at pit level, but it tapers in a bit to around 26" just a few inches below pit level. Back length from collar to hem is around 32 1/2." Pens 2.0's (home only) are available on eBay; IJ had them but now they only have 52's available.

Yes, many NHL players around your size can wear a 58 or 58+, and that's with all that equipment on.

Swagger. As a guy who is 6 ft even with broad shoulders and a juice belly and chest the 56 1.0 fits me well enough. Youll want a 58 in 2.0 as others mentioned

I wear a 52 in NBA jerseys and 54 in NFL jerseys. Where online can you even purchase a 58 for retail? NHL Shop (seems to be the least reliable NHL jersey site doesn't even have Penguins authentics & River City Sports only has a 56.)

Isn't a 2.0 a bigger fit than a 1.0? I prefer authentics in every sport, but how much worse quality is a replica? The NBA swingman has made big improvements, but the NFL Nike's are laughable.

Where online can you even purchase a 58 for retail?

You can try this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Reebok-7287-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Authentic-Jersey-Customization-avaliable-/200877096902?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2ec5353fc6

EDIT: ^ This is a home jersey. Also, the road jersey at River City Sports is a 1.0.

You could always get a preseason jersey from these guys and have it stripped and recustomized. Might have to e-mail them for sizes, though.

http://jjdistributing.biz/

That sounds like a really good idea. Sizes are likely to be exactly what you need and prices are pretty good for the game-issueds.

I've bought two 2.0 GI Pens jerseys from Joe Tomon. Stripping the white one sucked, and after cleaning the hell out of it, I still have a very faint outline of the previous number, but I'm still totally pleased with it. DD Dustributing is very easyto deal with. I recommend buying a GI jersey with a similar number so you can easily cover the old one. Ex. I bought a #51 and made it my white Malkin w. the 2009 SC patch. Only had to remove one number. The 5 is still barely visible on the back, but I'm pleased with it.

Good point. Did you get the older GI's done by Cutting Edge? It makes me wonder if the newer ones from Pro Knitwear are any easier (or difficult) to strip.

Good point. Did you get the older GI's done by Cutting Edge? It makes me wonder if the newer ones from Pro Knitwear are any easier (or difficult) to strip.

I can't remember, and I'm not home this week, but I'll let you know when I can look at the tag again.

And so you know, even though they were both done by the same company, same season, for the same player, the white one was three stacked layers, while the black one was reverse kiss-cut (black on white on gold). Both had airknit nameplates.

Cutting Edge jerseys ALWAYS leave a residue/outline behind when stripping. Its something in the way they press them or something. Ive done about 4 with the same result each time.

Isn't a 2.0 a bigger fit than a 1.0? I prefer authentics in every sport, but how much worse quality is a replica?

I forgot to answer the other part of your question. Yes, the 2.0's fit considerably wider, and bigger in the chest and arms than a 1.0 of the same number size. There is a pretty big difference in quality between a 2.0 authentic and a Premier replica- the 2.0 is much heavier-weight and better constructed. I don't own a Pens Premier, but that front crest is pretty huge, and I'll bet the glued-on crest of the Premier feels really stiff and awkward to wear. If you're really serious about having a quality jersey, I wouldn't waste my time with the Reebok replicas, but that's just my two cents.