It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, you could find plenty of those on eBay for way less than what Custom Throwbacks is asking.

You know I've never owned a jersey but I've had quite a time finding one. I ordered one from NHL.com, and man it was really poor quality if you ask me. So I did some research (mostly on this site) and decided I wanted an Edge. Well a Premier L is too big on me, so I went looking for a size 50. Can't find one anywhere, only a 52...and I've been looking for a while. So now here I am thinking a 550 may work. Not my first choice...rather try and find that Edge.

Btw, you could find plenty of those on eBay for way less than what Custom Throwbacks is asking.

You could try calling StitchesNJ to see if they have it in stock. Not cheap, but 1.0's seem to be getting hard to find in the right size. If they do have it though, I wouldn't recommend getting it customized there. :)

http://www.stitchesnj.com/New-York-Rangers-RBK-EDGE-10-7187-Authentic-Jersey-_p_54.html

Legit starter replica.

It's a legit Starter replica. (Late 1990's)

Garr, this be a fake laddy... *ahem* the only time they mixed the combined white-red-white stripes with the '78-'96 collar was for the CCM Heroes of Hockey, Messier replica:

64-19164-Y.jpg

This is an awful sweater and you are 100% correct. The Rangers never wore that collar and horizontal stripe pattern combined at same time on the ice. They are from different time periods.

Edit: Also, I assume from reading above about the rangers jersey that this jersey is not good: http://www.ebay.co.u...8#ht_500wt_1414

Actually it is a legit Rangers CCM replica. As Brilliant showed in his pictures, that style of collar goes with the stripes with spaces bettwen the red and white. If it has a lace-up collar, then there shouldn't be spaced between the stripes.

The two issues I see with that jerseys are ones that may not be a big deal to you since it's just a replica. First, it has a nameplate and the Rangers didn't start using nameplates on their jerseys until the Edge era. Second, Gretzky didn't wear CCM with the Rangers, he wore Starter jerseys. Honestly being a replica, many people don't mind those issues.

And before someone jumps in, yes Gretzky did wear CCM at the Press Conference - because apparently that's really important. Afterall, this site is call PressConferenceJerseys.com :rolleyes:

Any thoughts on this jersey?

http://www.ebay.co.u...8#ht_500wt_1414

Only one photo and no closeups, so I can't be 100% sure, but I would say the Sharks is probably good. But judging from the single small neck tag, I would guess that is one of the earlier CCM Sharks replicas from the early 1990's. Around the mid-1990's, CCM started making better quality replicas with heavier material and nicer crests and hem logos- an example of these would be the Rangers jersey you posted, which has a large, "hockey rink" neck tag and a CCM block hem logo with a team logo next to it. If you asked the seller of the Sharks jersey for a photo of the back, I'd bet the CCM hem logo would be one of those cheaper-looking red/white/blue screened ones that tended to peel and flake off very easily.

Edit: Also, I assume from reading above about the rangers jersey that this jersey is not good: http://www.ebay.co.u...8#ht_500wt_1414

The jersey picture I posted is a CCM replica with a mish-mash of two of the colour Rangers' jersey styles. They weren't ever made as gamers, but purely for the CCM Heroes of Hockey replica line.

The jersey picture is a CCM replica with a mish-mash of two of the colour Rangers' jersey styles. They weren't ever made as gamers, but purely for the CCM Heroes of Hockey replica line.

No, the jersey ubernoob posted is correct.

SPACES

From 1987 to 1996 the Rangers wore this collar/stripe combo:

2wdvkv5.png

LACES

From 1997 to Present (or 2006 if you don't count the Edge)

the Rangers wore this collar stripe combo:

x6hsg3.png

Remember what Johnnie Cochran said ...

34xqf44.png

I know, I was talking about the picture I had posted of the Heroes of Hockey replica and how it was never made for the ice - not the early '90s CCM replica.

"Now think about it - that does not make sense!" :lol:

I am unsure on this,

I bought one of these a long time ago and it was the only one I would wear because I thought it was a replica jersey.

They are pretty nice, have the fight strap, double elbows, gussets ect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Jeremy-Roenick-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jersey-Vintage-CCM-Barber-Pole-52-/290774594916?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43b3843564

My question is, were these "Vintage Authentic" ever worn in games? (I am aware it is note a TBTC from 91)

I thought I saw in another thread that some teams wore Vintage jerseys for a season but only on special game nights.

Did every team do this or was it a select few?

I seem to recall the Blues & the Rangers wore something like this in an NHL game but not sure if all teams did.

Thanks,

Only 7 teams participated in the 2003-04 CCM Vintage program. Boston, Edmonton, Montreal, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis and Vancouver. Everything else you see with the Vintage tags was just done for retail.

No, not necessarily. I'm pretty sure that none of the retail ones of the non-participating teams came with the V on the chest. Hell, I've even seen the teams that were involved have jerseys out there minus the patch. MeiGray sold a bunch off within the last couple years that had no patch on the chest. Especially Montreal.

I know the replicas didn't come with the vintage 'V'. There are repro's of the 'V' patch on eBay should you want to 'fix-up' a replica.

Here's the jerseys that Brilliant mentioned:

BruinsSpecial1.pngOilersSpecial2.pngKingsSpecial3.png

CanadiensSpecial1.pngRangersSpecial2.pngBluesSpecial2.pngCanucksSpecial1.png

I have an authentic Vintge series LA Kings but it does not hve the V on the chest. It's an authentic with the CCM and the NHL shield and a fight strap.

See, the Kings one is a different animal because it was re-issued for one game: Gretzky's retirement in 2002 against Phoenix. That was years before the Vintage program. It's essentially the same thing though with the hem patch and collar tags.