It is good or not?

lafountain

Alright, all you experts...Lots of avs fans on HFBoards are wanting to get jerseys and have them done up as Landeskog. I'm no Edge expert, so I need to know a few Ebay sellers that are legit if you know of any. And I have a couple of jerseys I'd like to confirm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLORADO-AVALANCHE-AVS-AUTHENTIC-AWAY-JERSEY-REEBOK-EDGE-NHL-SIZE-52-/300683300792?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item46021f0fb8#ht_1787wt_956

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-COLORADO-AVALANCHE-RBK-REEBOK-AUTHENTIC-EDGE-TEAM-ISSUE-NHL-JERSEY-56-/400315754088?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d34ada668#ht_3920wt_1171

I know each of the above has the vector, not the wordmark, but I don't think the folks I'm helping out are so concerned about that level of accuracy. As long as it's a legit authentic Edge style jersey. Thanks all.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sellers are legit as well, no worries about them.

Nice, thanks guys. Any other Ebay sellers I can pass along as legit? I know gretskytablehockey is good, too, but those three are the limit of my familiarity.

Hockeyjerseyoutlet has a good selection. Not cheap, but definitely legit.

The first one looks like it also was supposed to be a 91/92, but unfortunately the customization job is just awful. So if you strip it, there goes the autograph. Pity.

Yes... The first one is a legit double CCM but needs a strip job and the second one is a 91/92 with original patches but only a single CCM.

I think the second one is actually one of those Griffenfood jobs or something. It doesnt look good to me.

Block size looks OK to me...

I believe that's an old griffenfood special (some dude who used to sell a bunch of fakes on ebay).

Definitely a really bad, laughable fake.. I don't remember that Griffenfood dude doing a Messier though..

That 2nd one is super-fake.

Sorry I second that, I just noticed the additional stitching on the bottom of the jersey. Same exact stitching goes on the replicas. But the first one is 100% real just needs a strip because the Kings never used that font in a 3 layer twill.

Did the Rangers actually ever wear a jersey like that? The only ones I recall that were similar had thinner stripes and a tie-down collar which was not like the red/white one on this replica.

Garr, this be a fake laddy... *ahem* the only time they mixed the combined white-red-white stripes with the '78-'96 collar was for the CCM Heroes of Hockey, Messier replica:

64-19164-Y.jpg

I'm not sure, because I have since found the same jersey here (for more money)

http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/products/BRIAN-LEETCH-New-York-Rangers-1990%27s-CCM-Vintage-Throwback-NHL-Hockey-Jersey.html

Picture of Leech makes it hard to tell if the red and white is around the collar.

The Messier one is a newer issue, but there are older legit ones also. Here's a used one on eBay with a starting price of $29.99:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Brian-Leetch-New-York-Rangers-CCM-Hockey-Jersey-Size-Medium-/221120946076?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item337bd5df9c#ht_500wt_922

I'm not sure, because I have since found the same jersey here (for more money)

http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/products/BRIAN-LEETCH-New-York-Rangers-1990%27s-CCM-Vintage-Throwback-NHL-Hockey-Jersey.html

Picture of Leech makes it hard to tell if the red and white is around the collar.

That's not the same jersey you posted earlier; the stripe patterns are different.

The Rangers have never worn that striping pattern before. The sizing has always been progressive on that style. Small white, larger red and then largest white at the bottom. They used that style until 1976 when they revamped the look. After going back to the old style jerseys, the striping became uniform but with spaces in between and the colored collar:

Rangerscirca19931aCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

In 1997 though, they went back to the old version on the blue jerseys but minus the colored collar:

gerscirca20062aReebokauthentic-vi.jpg

As I thought; thank you for confirming that.

So essentially niether of the ones I've linked is a proper replica?

The Rangers have never worn that striping pattern before. The sizing has always been progressive on that style. Small white, larger red and then largest white at the bottom. They used that style until 1976 when they revamped the look. After going back to the old style jerseys, the striping became uniform but with spaces in between and the colored collar:

Rangerscirca19931aCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

In 1997 though, they went back to the old version on the blue jerseys but minus the colored collar:

gerscirca20062aReebokauthentic-vi.jpg