Rip offs and Regrettables

Hockey Bob

We got a Deals and Steals page, 
And a lot of times I've seen posts of people spending WAAAY too much on junk, 
Do we need a Rip Off thread? Has this already been covered? 
Just bored and there hasn't been much chatter on the boards. 
I'm guessing this thread could become more active now that the US Government dropped $600 in everyone's account this morning.  

This one for instance, not only did this buyer get Ripped Off based on how beat this jersey is, but there were a few bidders willing to blow over $300 on this 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-96-Chicago-Blackhawks-CCM-Maska-Authentic-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-Sz-56-/224290002272?nma=true&si=pO%2BjkSBwEmErAoP0c2P8KyIiUFU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Or this one I bid on for no apparent reason and won, Regrettable....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-THORNTON-Replica-Bruins-CCM-Jersey-SIGNED-with-PSA-Certification-NHL-19-/313328191237?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=pO%2BjkSBwEmErAoP0c2P8KyIiUFU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

19 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Especially for a fake! I get that fake jerseys are reality today, but ffs, if they just sell them for $50 cause they know what they are, I'll generally leave them alone lol.

Regrettables?  I'm pretty sure "Buyers Remorse" is my middle name.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the same, but I did sell a size 52 MIC VGK jersey on Sideline Swap to a guy in Canada. Package has been delayed in customs for two full months so clearly it was lost. SLS refunded the buyer the full amount of his purchase. And me? They gave me a $200 credit. Uh... you guys owe me $600!! Needless to say, I am not happy and am currently throwing a fit demanding they give me the full money owed to me. I f-ing hate that site

15 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Not sure if this is the same, but I did sell a size 52 MIC VGK jersey on Sideline Swap to a guy in Canada. Package has been delayed in customs for two full months so clearly it was lost. SLS refunded the buyer the full amount of his purchase. And me? They gave me a $200 credit. Uh... you guys owe me $600!! Needless to say, I am not happy and am currently throwing a fit demanding they give me the full money owed to me. I f-ing hate that site

Have you try contacting the post office?  They might be able to put an alert on it, and have it flagged as a return to sender.

I also hate SLS - their customer services is a joke! I "bought" an item on there, but forgot to update my payment info on my account (updated credit card info). They relisted the item with out notifying me, and it sold before I knew what happened. At least give me a chance A-Holes!!!  I haven't used them since.

15 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Shouldn't it be the carrier who refunds you for the lost shipment?

7 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Shouldn't it be the carrier who refunds you for the lost shipment?

SLS provides prepaid shipping labels, but apparently they don’t insure for the price the item sells for (which doesn’t make any sense) so a seller needs to buy MORE insurance and pay MORE to ship the item. At least that’s my understanding of the policy they’re trying to explain to me

If it was shipped via USPS, I would definitely fill out a locator form for it. A few of my packages have gotten lost in shipment over the years and after filling out a form they were always magically found a week or so later.

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Thanks, I’ll give it a try but the last tracking update had it clearing Canadian customs on November 30th. Not sure if USPS has visibility any longer 

49 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Thanks, I’ll give it a try but the last tracking update had it clearing Canadian customs on November 30th. Not sure if USPS has visibility any longer 

You never know, I had an item missing since December 2 that had just started moving again and looks like it will be delivered tomorrow.  And that was a domestic package. 

Don't lose all hope at 2 months with cross-border items (and domestic too crossing Canada). I had a baseball jersey from Chicago take about as long stuck at the border last summer. This week is also a bad one for Canada Post's facility in Mississauga (where a lot of international mail enters Canada). A recent covid outbreak there has 220+ positive cases and Canada Post is warning people to expect delays because of it, which is obviously on top of delays already happening. 

I'll continue to hold out hope, but the last update was this:

"Your item was processed through a facility in VANCOUVER, CANADA on November 30, 2020 at 11:34 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

It shows having cleared customs on the 29th.  If it were stuck at the border or hadn't cleared customs, that's one thing, but the fact that it cleared customs and was processed, but hasn't moved for 60 days has me assuming some postal worker has a really nice VGK jersey now

19 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I had sent a package via USPS to England that wound up in Germany and then fell off the face of the Earth (remember, @QueenAnnesRevenge? :))  Anyway, I submitted a missing mail request and within 2 days not only was it found but it was delivered.  So, it's worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 1:52 PM, mdwsta4 said:

I'll continue to hold out hope, but the last update was this:

"Your item was processed through a facility in VANCOUVER, CANADA on November 30, 2020 at 11:34 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

It shows having cleared customs on the 29th.  If it were stuck at the border or hadn't cleared customs, that's one thing, but the fact that it cleared customs and was processed, but hasn't moved for 60 days has me assuming some postal worker has a really nice VGK jersey now

Any update? You fill out a missing mail request?

No. SLS cancelled the transaction which has since deleted the conversation I had with the buyer and removed the tracking number. I’m waiting for them to provide it to me so I can file claims

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...