All Star game in 27 days...when do we see how ugly the jerseys are??

mfitz804

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some went way too high, some too low as usual.  I was bidding on the Rask, and lost track of it.. sorry I did.  It only went for $651.  Whoever got this got a smoking deal.  

The descriptions on the Jerseys were confusing at first, stating they were "player issued", but if you read closer, they were worn during the game and collected after.  

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-22%20at%205.37.0

Edited by khabbi

17 hours ago, khabbi said:

Some went way too high, some too low as usual.  I was bidding on the Rask, and lost track of it.. sorry I did.  It only went for $651.  Whoever got this got a smoking deal.  

The descriptions on the Jerseys were confusing at first, stating they were "player issued", but if you read closer, they were worn during the game and collected after.  

I dunno... this description doesn't suggest to me that it's actually worn:

Bid now on this jersey that was issued to Tuukka Rask of the Boston Bruins and Team Atlantic during the 2017 NHL All-Star Game. This jersey was issued on January 29th, 2017. This jersey was collected directly from the team's locker room by Fanatics Authentic in conjunction with the NHL and comes with an individually numbered, tamper-evident hologram. The item is digitally scanned and logged into a database allowing customers to verify the hologram online. This process helps to ensure that the product purchased is authentic and eliminates any possibility of duplication or fraud.

Please note:
- The actual jersey images were updated a few days after the game to accurately show usage and wear.
This set of jerseys from the All-Star Game is the only set that will be available on NHL Auctions. 
- Jerseys are sold in "as-is" condition. 
Items will ship 3-5 business days after the auction closes and successful payment is made.

At best it's still extremely confusingly worded. And given all of the issues people had with Fanatics over the World Cup jerseys, I'd definitely not trust a confusingly written description from them.

4 hours ago, dsl135 said:

I dunno... this description doesn't suggest to me that it's actually worn:

At best it's still extremely confusingly worded. And given all of the issues people had with Fanatics over the World Cup jerseys, I'd definitely not trust a confusingly written description from them.

I'm in the dark on the World Cup Jerseys, I'll have to look that up... makes you wonder.  The wording is VERY confusing.. but why would they make up jerseys like this for the players, with NHLPA tags on them, have them sit and not be used, then collect them from them?  I suppose these could have been used for pre-game, but why would they make a set up just for pre-game, especially authentics and on top of that, a Goalie cut.  

I will admit, at first I thought these were just game issued and not game worn, then I saw the Crosby Jersey selling for over $6K and read the description again.. and thought they must indeed be worn?  If not, some sucker just paid over $6K for a game issued Crosby.  

They seem to be going out of their way to not claim they were game worn.

"It was issued, then collected from the locker room." Right, so what happened in between?

"This set is the only one available for auction." Were they issued more than one? If so, which set was worn?

I'm glad I don't go after gamers like this, because these auctions would drive me batty.

I mean, I don't think I see any wear whatsoever on any of them.

Fanatics is shady as hell, and the way they go out of their way to not use the phrase "game worn" is extremely suspect, and I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people just paid insane money for game issued jerseys.

I think this latest batch are game-issued.

Game worns ended last week or so and had "game-used" in their titles:

http://auction.nhl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=1635960

Also it looks like a new jersey was worn in every period, so depending on the player/team he could have worn between 3-6 jerseys and that's not counting if they made a separate set for warmups.

17 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I think this latest batch are game-issued.

Game worns ended last week or so and had "game-used" in their titles:

http://auction.nhl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=1635960

Comparing the wording in that listing with the ones that were labelled "issued" there's almost no chance that these were worn in the games. The "game worn" ones have much more information.

Some people just stupidly fooled themselves into paying for something that was issued. They were labelled issued, but with those prices, people definitely tricked themselves into thinking they were worn, probably because of the vague wording about "collected from the locker room" and "pictures were taken to reflect usage and wear." That made people bypass their own brains where "issued" means it wasn't worn, lol.

I still would have paid that much for the Rask. :)  I mean, JB can't get the goalie cuts, and you get the NHLPA patch and absolutely correct lettering, which will be next to impossible otherwise.  

But $2K and $1750 for issued is... nuts.  Perhaps Blackhawk fans just don't care?  Try and resell an issued not game used jersey for $2K on ebay or anywhere else.... Hope the buyer is happy with that purchase and knew what they were buying.  

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Also it looks like a new jersey was worn in every period, so depending on the player/team he could have worn between 3-6 jerseys and that's not counting if they made a separate set for warmups.

The most a team could have worn is two jerseys in game. The players on the teams in the "Championship" only played two periods aka two games. 

Metro Vs. Atlantic (1st Period)

Central Vs. Pacific (2nd Period)

Pacific Vs. Metro (3rd Period)

2 hours ago, dsl135 said:

I mean, I don't think I see any wear whatsoever on any of them.

Fanatics is shady as hell, and the way they go out of their way to not use the phrase "game worn" is extremely suspect, and I'd be willing to bet that a lot of people just paid insane money for game issued jerseys.

It was the All Star game, I would only really expect wear on a goalie jersey. 

1 hour ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

The most a team could have worn is two jerseys in game. The players on the teams in the "Championship" only played two periods aka two games. 

Metro Vs. Atlantic (1st Period)

Central Vs. Pacific (2nd Period)

Pacific Vs. Metro (3rd Period)

This would explain how the auctions went- the jerseys marked "player-issued" all seem to be purple and gold ones, and the Central and Atlantic Divisions were the eliminated teams who would not have needed the second set of jerseys.  The "game-used" ones seemed to be the black and gray ones, so for the Pacific and Metro Divisions there would have been 2 sets of game-used ones.  So the ones just sold recently are almost certainly game-issued only and not actually used in the game.

The wording they used was confusing, but it's just much easier to avoid these kind of jerseys.  ASG jerseys and especially the WCOH jersey are just money down the toilet.

This is precisely the reason I am avoiding these Fanatics auctions.  Ambiguous wording, inflated prices, and too wide of a potential buyer base.  I'll stick with Meigray, GWA, and CA, thanks.

It's amazing to think that if the players changed jerseys at the midpoint of each "game," McDavid probably had only around 3 or 4 minutes of ice time in that jersey!  It probably doesn't have any more wear than a game-issued jersey.  But still worth 19 grand, apparently.

10 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

It's amazing to think that if the players changed jerseys at the midpoint of each "game," McDavid probably had only around 3 or 4 minutes of ice time in that jersey!  It probably doesn't have any more wear than a game-issued jersey.  But still worth 19 grand, apparently.

Think he could re-sell it for half of that?

Just curious, what does a game worn Gretzky go for?  

I saw the same thing at the Lightning games, people paying ridiculous money for Game Worn Jerseys, $3000 for a Callahan, $1500/Boyle, just stupid money.  At least now those crazy people have stopped bidding on these this season and they are only moderately being over bid now.