All Star game in 27 days...when do we see how ugly the jerseys are??

mfitz804

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

I meant with parking you wouldn't be able to as it's far to big. As for MPG in the UK unless you have a powerful car most are averaging between 45-65 mpg. Which means more money for jerseys 

So did I. Ever try to find a spot to park one of those bad boys on the streets on Manhattan??

On 1/30/2017 at 3:25 PM, mfitz804 said:

Oh, and I am pretty sure JoeM needed his just to get his last EPS box to the post office...

This is true. I do use mine more than enough to justify it. I tow 2 large trailers pretty frequently and it's sort of a necessity where I live/work to have a truck. Plus I love mine, I'd never trade it for anything else.

The whole 12 mpg hurts a little though. And I pretty much universally can't take it anywhere that requires me to enter a parking garage.

Edited by JoeM7392

12 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

This is true. I do use mine more than enough to justify it. I tow 2 large trailers pretty frequently and it's sort of a necessity where I live/work to have a truck. Plus I love mine, I'd never trade it for anything else.

The whole 12 mpg hurts a little though. And I pretty much universally can't take it anywhere that requires me to enter a parking garage.

You're a good example of a guy who uses/ needs a truck.

I'm the opposite guy. 

At least your gas is cheap.  We're paying the equivalent to $4.32 a gallon up here.  I guess free healthcare isn't really free.

We had priced like that for a while, we're somewhat normal now. Definitely not the $0.89 per gallon I filled up with on day one of my first car (with a $10 contribution from my Dad, who insisted on paying for the first tank). 

13 minutes ago, DevilsWorship said:

I was considering picking up a Metropolitan and having it done up as Hall but I don't like the way the back numbers looked. Sheesh.

They didn't do the jerseys any justice. They would have looked Classic and great with normal back numbers. 

6 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

Agreed. That's my biggest complaint. A simple, black/white two layer number would have been perfect 

And the had the jerseys to do it on; no crazy colors or "modern" accents. The numbers seem out of place. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

We had priced like that for a while, we're somewhat normal now. Definitely not the $0.89 per gallon I filled up with on day one of my first car (with a $10 contribution from my Dad, who insisted on paying for the first tank). 

It's like $2.50 per here now, which is great considering that when I started driving it was pushing $4.

Still, a fill up of roughly $80 is still a punch in the gut. I just pretend I'm filling up a jet or something and it seems normal.

I keep going back and forth on the all star jerseys. I want to like them enough to get a Hall, but the metro division keeps getting the jersey I'd least like to have. I may wait this one out and see if I can snag one cheaper somewhere down the line.

I bought a Metro because, well, I have been collecting All Stars. Needed to keep it going, I guess. It'll be a Hall (obviously). 

But I agree, third year in a row the Devils' guy did not get the jersey I really wanted. 

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Just realized, no 100th patch on the ASG jerseys?? What up with that?

Thats what I most disappointed about ,even the 75th year the all star jerseys were way better locking and they had the patch . I am doing a Simmer same as you I am not happy about the all star styles but want a Flyer for each year .THIS MAYBE THE LAST ONE 

2 hours ago, cowboys said:

Thats what I most disappointed about ,even the 75th year the all star jerseys were way better locking and they had the patch . I am doing a Simmer same as you I am not happy about the all star styles but want a Flyer for each year .THIS MAYBE THE LAST ONE 

I disagree, those 75th all stars are ridiculous. 

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I disagree, those 75th all stars are ridiculous. 

Ouch ok we can agree to dis agree . 

That doesn't sound too encouraging...