All Star game in 27 days...when do we see how ugly the jerseys are??

mfitz804

9 minutes ago, khabbi said:

Just curious, what does a game worn Gretzky go for?  

I saw the same thing at the Lightning games, people paying ridiculous money for Game Worn Jerseys, $3000 for a Callahan, $1500/Boyle, just stupid money.  At least now those crazy people have stopped bidding on these this season and they are only moderately being over bid now.  

Are those playoff or SCF worn?  I feel like I recently saw a Lightning Callahan (well within the last year) up for sale for a while at under $1K.

A game worn Gretzky I think starts at $20K I can imagine, but then again I have never really looking into the pricing for his stuff.  I do remember Meigray having one of Kings 91/92 75th anniversary-patched gamers with excellent provenance with an asking of $100K.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wait, if we apply the usual proportions of game worn vs. retail authentic, a customized McDavid authentic should be worth around $3,000 right??

7 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Are those playoff or SCF worn?  I feel like I recently saw a Lightning Callahan (well within the last year) up for sale for a while at under $1K.

A game worn Gretzky I think starts at $20K I can imagine, but then again I have never really looking into the pricing for his stuff.  I do remember Meigray having one of Kings 91/92 75th anniversary-patched gamers with excellent provenance with an asking of $100K.

The prices I quoted are from the Lightning Foundation auctions that they have at the actual game, and the Jersey's there were regular season.  The SC playoff and SCF jerseys were all sold on the NHL Auctions website.  But these Jerseys were from the year the Lightning made the Stanley Cup run, so there was a lot of excitement from that still being felt.  

For a while it was tough finding any TBL GW Jerseys from the last 4-5 years, so once they were released, the prices they sold for at the game were absolutely insane.  I picked up a SC Playoffs Cally off of the NHL Auctions website for like $650, and photo-matched it to game 7 of the Conference finals vs New York.  I did an amazing job of controlling myself from buying any of them at a ridiculous price.   

Even the people that work at the tables admitted that the Jersey auction prices were fetching way above market and what the expected.. and this went on for a good season and a half.  

This year the Jerseys are selling for a more realistic price.. I think it's a combination of the years of putting the GW jerseys on sale plus the fact they are having a relatively bad season... Hard to want to drop big $ when they are not playing well I suppose.  :wacko:

That being said, someone did just pay $1350 for an issued ASG Heddy:

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-25%20at%201.35.2

Edited by khabbi

Well someone really wanted a jersey from McDavid's forst All Star game.

Holy crap.  Why aren't poeple putting that kinda dinero down for jerseys I am selling?  The Lindros Classic auction ends in a week and a half.