All Star game in 27 days...when do we see how ugly the jerseys are??

mfitz804

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Devils are rumored to be getting redesigned sweaters. Wonder what we'll see...

The opposite, that there will be no major changes, is also rumored. 

11 hours ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

If you don't like the numbers on the AS jersey, get ready for what's coming from adidas down the road!

Not looking forward to the CRAP

As far as I'm aware, the teams are responsible for their own jerseys. I would be hard pressed to believe that teams will allow major changes to the history of their uniforms.

But I guess we will see. 

2 hours ago, HannuVirta said:

I don't see how the ASG numbers equate to future Adidas uniforms... can you elaborate.

adidas has shown each team their jerseys with THEIR numbering on them.  Apparently, the same thing we saw on the basketball side (i.e. numbers with laser etching, "jersey material" numbers, etc.) is coming to the NHL sooner than you think.  That also means that they will more than likely do sublimated numbers when possible as well.

I can guarantee you that ONE team WILL have something "different" in their overall look, including their letters and numbers, which the NHL pushed this team to do.  I don't believe that adidas is doing the physical sewing of the letters and numbers, however, the product itself WILL be supplied by adidas.

As far as the practice jerseys are concerned, the entire FRONT PANEL of the jersey will be sublimated.  The only stitched on logos you will see will be any sponsor patches that the team may have.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

As far as I'm aware, the teams are responsible for their own jerseys. I would be hard pressed to believe that teams will allow major changes to the history of their uniforms.

But I guess we will see. 

I know of one team that flat out rejected the adidas letters and numbers.  

39 minutes ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

adidas has shown each team their jerseys with THEIR numbering on them.  Apparently, the same thing we saw on the basketball side (i.e. numbers with laser etching, "jersey material" numbers, etc.) is coming to the NHL sooner than you think.

I don't believe that adidas is doing the physical sewing of the letters and numbers, however, the product itself WILL be supplied by adidas.

This jibes with what I've heard (and feared) as well.  For a while I've been worried that Adidas will be supplying their own complicated lettering to all the teams which will be difficult for anyone else to reproduce, and it may become impossible for us as collectors to obtain accurate, on-ice lettering for retail jerseys.  The adage we live by here of "go with the team customizer" for 100% accurate customization may not mean anything anymore.

3 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

This jibes with what I've heard (and feared) as well.  For a while I've been worried that Adidas will be supplying their own complicated lettering to all the teams which will be difficult for anyone else to reproduce, and it may become impossible for us as collectors to obtain accurate, on-ice lettering for retail jerseys.  The adage we live by here of "go with the team customizer" for 100% accurate customization may not mean anything anymore.

What a way of capturing the market though eh!

34 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

I'd take that to be the Leafs, LL is a dinosaur and I'm surprised he allowed a jersey for the Centennial.

Lou does not have near the power here that he had in NJ.  

I don't know, I kinda want to see what adidas does with the Lettering.  

6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Why are we assuming that shops won't have access to Adidas-made kits for consumer orders? In theory, it could mean that all shops have access to the same kits, actually making it easier. 

3 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Lou does not have near the power here that he had in NJ.  

I don't know, I kinda want to see what adidas does with the Lettering.  

Tbf MLSE probably thought he had to much power in NJ and took some of it off him. Hopefully Kyle Dubas can extract all he needs from him and we can go back to having good numbers on our jerseys.

I don't think they took anything from him but the Maple Leafs are huge and have people in place to do a lot of the things Lou had his fingers on in Jersey.  His job here to is make the Leafs a cup contender and nothing else.

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Why are we assuming that shops won't have access to Adidas-made kits for consumer orders? In theory, it could mean that all shops have access to the same kits, actually making it easier. 

Can you think of any shops that offer authentic on-court lettering for NBA jerseys?

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Can you think of any shops that offer authentic on-court lettering for NBA jerseys?

Nope, I don't collect basketball jerseys. 

I don't either. :)   But it's the only precedent I know of with Adidas supplying lettering to an entire league, and after all this time you still can't get exact lettering anywhere.  It's reasonable to assume the situation might be the same with the NHL.

6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I don't either. :)   But it's the only precedent I know of with Adidas supplying lettering to an entire league, and after all this time you still can't get exact lettering anywhere.  It's reasonable to assume the situation might be the same with the NHL.

Well, that's annoying. 

20 hours ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

adidas has shown each team their jerseys with THEIR numbering on them.  Apparently, the same thing we saw on the basketball side (i.e. numbers with laser etching, "jersey material" numbers, etc.) is coming to the NHL sooner than you think.  That also means that they will more than likely do sublimated numbers when possible as well.

I can guarantee you that ONE team WILL have something "different" in their overall look, including their letters and numbers, which the NHL pushed this team to do.  I don't believe that adidas is doing the physical sewing of the letters and numbers, however, the product itself WILL be supplied by adidas.

As far as the practice jerseys are concerned, the entire FRONT PANEL of the jersey will be sublimated.  The only stitched on logos you will see will be any sponsor patches that the team may have.

I know of one team that flat out rejected the adidas letters and numbers.  

This is what I was told is how the basketball side operates, as I spoke to someone who does the Rangers jerseys, and he said this is how the Knicks stuff is done. Adidas supplies the numbers and letters to Cosby's, and they just apply them to the jerseys. He said that's probably how it's going to go for the Rangers when the switch happens, and he's not thrilled because he has no idea how he'll do last minute call ups or things like that since he'll need to get the materials from Adidas. For most teams that use regular block lettering I would imagine this isn't a problem but because of the arch of the Rangers jersey names I think this might be difficult/impossible since the same letter in a different name will have a different look depending on where in the name it falls out.

14 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Only when The Patch Thread is renamed :P

I'll accept this if we change the "Is it good or bad" thread to "Is it poppycock?"

On 2/11/2017 at 0:35 PM, tylertreats said:

have a kesler being done by eps will post photos once it comes ??

Will be curious to see how it turns out.  Last years EPS ASG Jersey numbers were a little off.