Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I have a few jerseys that I have had completed either the full kit or a patch addition.

1) Marion Hossa 2014 Stadium Series.

Out of all the Blackhawks jersey they have used in the past, this is probably my least favorite.  Not using chain stitching on the front crest and the should patch make it look cheap.  I didn't like how the sleeve numbers are slanted and the bottom of the jersey has the angles on hem and also at the top neck collar.  But, it is a Hawks jersey that I didn't have, so I still needed it - it is just the reason why it was the last one of the "specialty" Blackhawks jersey that I needed to purchase.

"Check out my new jersey!  I hate it!"  :lol:

I had much the same reaction to that jersey.  Hated it at first, bought it for the sake of completion.  It definitely grew on me.  I actually came to terms with the chrome crest, but the shoulder patch still bugs me.  The asymmetry of only having one tomahawk is worse than the fact it's not chain stitched, IMO.

10 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

All 3.0 practice jerseys are team issued. Never seen a retail Authentic. 

I guess this makes since - It is still a little embarrassing that I never even noticed the fight strap though. especially considering how obsessive we are, you would have thought I would have seen that right away. 

6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Man, that SS looks nice. I might pick one up, but wanna wait to see exactly which patches will be worn with them. 

just buy one they are nice I think they will ware all the patchs even the 100yr one 

Those Flyers 50th and SS look awesome Dan, making me real jealous... especially since I may end up doing the exact same two players!

12 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Man, that SS looks nice. I might pick one up, but wanna wait to see exactly which patches will be worn with them. 

Honestly, I'd recommend getting one now while you still can. IceJerseys completely sold out of them, and I think JerseyBaron is the only source for them now, and he's even starting to run low. If you wait, you may have a really hard time finding one eventually. I think they were made in really small numbers, like the 50ths, due to the Adidas switch this summer.

12 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Got my first gamer today.! Dan Boyle 14-15 Set 4.  Was surprised to see that the name was just pressed onto the nameplate, not sewn.  

10 hours ago, chow_hound said:

Did they just forget or is that common for the Rangers? I mean when the customer has to do a SET 4 i guess i would cut some corners too. 

9 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Not sure.  I believe they do that for preseason. But not sure why a game set, even if it is a 4th set..

If I were you I'd work on photomatching that thing to make sure it was worn when they said it was just to be safe.

EDIT: Nevermind, it bothered me enough that I found it for you http://www.gettyimages.com/license/468810958

Edited by CJ Matthews

7 hours ago, cowboys said:

just buy one they are nice I think they will ware all the patchs even the 100yr one 

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

Those Flyers 50th and SS look awesome Dan, making me real jealous... especially since I may end up doing the exact same two players!

Honestly, I'd recommend getting one now while you still can. IceJerseys completely sold out of them, and I think JerseyBaron is the only source for them now, and he's even starting to run low. If you wait, you may have a really hard time finding one eventually. I think they were made in really small numbers, like the 50ths, due to the Adidas switch this summer.

Arrgh, you guys are killing me :P But, you're right...

1 hour ago, CJ Matthews said:

Yeah I have a photo match as well.. I was just shocked to see that.  Any reasons they would have not stitched it down?

dan-boyle-tanner-glass-viktor-stalberg-dominic-moore-and-ryan-of-the-picture-id51627841

If I were you I'd work on photomatching that thing to make sure it was worn when they said it was just to be safe.

EDIT: Nevermind, it bothered me enough that I found it for you http://www.gettyimages.com/license/468810958

2 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Probably just slipped through the cracks, unless the whole set was like that. I have a blue from that year/set, but I think it was sewn.

I would bet this is the case.  People make mistakes, and after some of the mistakes I've seen these shops do, it wouldn't surprise me if they just plain forgot to do the sewing.

11 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I would bet this is the case.  People make mistakes, and after some of the mistakes I've seen these shops do, it wouldn't surprise me if they just plain forgot to do the sewing.

The people who do the actual sewing for the Rangers are older, like senior citizen old, so it's probably just an accident.

1992-1993 Murray Duval Detroit Falcons gameworn road jersey - neck is torn down to crest from a fight, jersey has multiple repairs and numerous cuts and holes. Ice Sheen jerseys were built like tanks and it’s amazing how much damage/wear this one shows -

vuxcVF9.jpg

9Uw3u9Z.jpg

XDhaELC.jpg

a2N7kS3.jpg

2014-2015 Tom Sestito Canucks road GI -

R2qRcjH.jpg

zYYv5Vm.jpg

Joe Kocur NY Rangers game used gloves with name on cuff –

bD71cmb.jpg

plAAjpR.jpg

2007-2008 Aaron Downey game used Red Wings helmet (with Hockey Fights Cancer emblem) -

8wkQxhl.jpg

96oztgc.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

Even your helmets have the word "fight" on them, lol.

5 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

The people who do the actual sewing for the Rangers are older, like senior citizen old, so it's probably just an accident.

I believe it. Same with the Flyers when they used Ruberti's. The guy still does them and makes little mistakes here and there. 

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Even your helmets have the word "fight" on them, lol.

Gotta keep with the theme..............

On 1/26/2017 at 3:28 PM, Brilliant! said:

Holy hell are these hot:

uisBluescirca2017Reebokairknit-vi.jpg

It's funny seeing you guys talk so much about the Hawks Stadium Series stuff too. I also included a Minnesota one in my latest order. I've even gotten it lettered up already:

WildWCcirca20161aReebokairknit-vi.jpgWildWCcirca20161bReebokairknit-vi.jpg

I got a Leafs Winter Classic one too but nobody cares about those.....

....also it's for someone else.

A question for you all. the NHL logo in the Blues jersey has a texture looked to it. Almost like it has a mesh look to it. Is that new? Like current edge 2.0 update. Again sorry if this was covered somewhere else. Love the collection on this thread. We all love our individual teams yet share a passion for authentic jerseys.