It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Really liked what the Flyers did with the nameplate/shoulder portion of the SS jerseys. 

That MacInnis is great! 

I've pretty much called it a wrap with collecting jerseys. Nothing has been inspiring me lately and I think I'll start selling off a handful when the season starts. I was able to pick up a final item on my checklist and that was a RR2.0. The Hawks only wore one set that season although they did wear a second set for warmups. This is one of those. 

DSCF5827-vi.jpg

DSCF5831-vi.jpg

And as it tends to happen, after searching for a few years, the day I picked this up I was able to find a blank in size 54 that I'll have done up as a Kane. His last speciality jersey before being traded to the Rangers. So the Katchouk will end up on the chopping block

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, what a Blues haul. Very nice stuff. That Hawks RR is absolutely gorgeous. 

I’ve been slowly selling off some of the lesser-known names and duplicates in my collection. I just reorganized them all by sport and year yesterday. Took a little over an hour but I got them all in one 2x6 closet (barely). 

j79XI9u.jpeg

I've resorted to putting two jerseys on each hanger to try and make space in my own closet so I understand your pain.

Here's the RR2.0 in size 54 I mentioned the other day. Still my least favorite design as it could have been so much better with the old school crest and black shoulders, but I couldn't help but add it to the collection

DSCF5860-vi.jpg

DSCF5863-vi.jpg

Here's the idea I was going to create. Have 3 practice jerseys and a crest as donors, but never got around to sewing it all together 

BlackhawksRR2_1-vi.jpg

Edited by mdwsta4

Two jerseys on one hanger?? Do you put one inside of the other? I can’t imagine the weight that must put on the closet hardware. 

On 6/9/2024 at 11:42 AM, jsh139 said:

Two jerseys on one hanger?? Do you put one inside of the other? I can’t imagine the weight that must put on the closet hardware. 

Basically, yeah. Bar hasn’t broke yet! 🤞🏼

• 2 weeks later...

On the MLB front does anyone happen to have any of Nikes/Fanatics new game worn or issued jerseys. I would like to know what the total height of the now stupid smaller letters are and I guess front and back numbers too. Mainly looking for cardinals but I believe they are all universal now?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Couple summer pickups. Finally found the blue vintage Reebok at a decent price and credit to First Line Jerseys for the accurate name font. See so many of these incorrect. White Miller is a blank TI from the team sale with free customization included. Now off to Ireland this week to see what kind of cool and unusual jerseys to bring home.

5xPWk02.jpg

klJipln.jpg

jkjzRaF.jpg

I2b4Lnb.jpg

And yes, shout out to Tom at First Line Jerseys. He does very good work. He did that Lindros Team Canada jersey for me. Hand drew the numbers from scratch. 

Edited by jsh139

slimcutta
This post was recognized by slimcutta!

jsh139 was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 3 points.

On 8/26/2024 at 9:50 PM, slimcutta said:

no idea.gif

Tom Clark on FB and he’s on here I think? I can’t for the life of me remember his username though. He was “To Ark” for a while. 

• 3 weeks later...

Again, I am hijacking this thread from hockey lol, but I like this small group better than the FB groups with rules not meant to even be bent haha. I succeeded in my mission on vacation in Ireland, as well as a necessary loyalty purchase in The Netherlands...

PSV Eindhoven Home 24-25 - Hirving (Chucky) Lozano. Sad he's going to MLS in the winter, but he's been a warrior for my club so I had no hesitation.

iNBhxag.jpg

jeQxgEB.jpg

For the Ireland stuff, there is a bit of a story, which I will do my best to nutshell. I really like hurling as a sport, but have no club affiliation. If you haven't seen videos, find some. It's a wicked sport and the players wear old Cooper SK100 hockey helmets (literally lol). O'Neills is the brand and they use three stripes, which you might assume would p!ss Adidas off and you would assume right. An Irish judge in the 80s (I think) basically told Adidas to f*** off, except that O'Neills can only sell three striped product inside Ireland. If you order online from elsewhere, you get two stripes and we all know how us collectors need what's on the ice, field, court, etc. This took some doing on my part and ONE company in Ireland was willing to help me out and order some three striped jerseys in my size with numbers and had them delivered to a hotel I was staying at. Took about three months to get it all sorted.

Interesting to note: Numbers are associated with positions. Goalkeepers wear 1 and subs wear 16. Higher numbers are for non-keeper subs, so I picked randoms that may or may not be associated with some Canucks favourites lol.

Kilkenny Home

6X4z6To.jpg

LxgUXiN.jpg

Tyrone Away

r7TrlnO.jpg

XM8mzs3.jpg

Eoghan Ruadh Goalkeeper (This club is at a lower level than the above county clubs. They are sponsored by the store who helped me out, so I figured I would buy one.)

rVfTIQ5.jpg

FIbCA3U.jpg

Lastly, I don't normally take pics of training shirts, but this one that Leinster Rugby uses is cool and I was interested in the new-ish Castore brand, which seems to be of good quality.

htC5MrO.jpg

Edited by Van67

Castore have had seriously bad reports last season from Aston Villa, I think to the extent they have ditched them. Everton had issues with their shirts at the start of the season, literally falling apart. The only Villa player that seemed to like them for their wet look was Alisha Lehmann, give her a Google

Yeah, Aston Villa is with Adidas now. I did take a look at one of Leinster's test jerseys in the store and it felt pretty strong, but I'm hardly an expert for rugby. Maybe their soccer stuff isn't as good as it should be yet. Regardless of their quality, they are a growing brand with more teams every year, including McLaren and Red Bull in F1. Time will tell I guess. 

17 hours ago, Van67 said:

Yeah, Aston Villa is with Adidas now. I did take a look at one of Leinster's test jerseys in the store and it felt pretty strong, but I'm hardly an expert for rugby. Maybe their soccer stuff isn't as good as it should be yet. Regardless of their quality, they are a growing brand with more teams every year, including McLaren and Red Bull in F1. Time will tell I guess. 

For rugby (I have never played) I'd expect the shirts to be pretty hard wearing tbh. Whereas with football (soccer) they don't need to be as well made. Bearing in mind most PL teams each player will be given three shirts for a game, every game ( there are costs to the player for this, basically they get three for the season and any they lose or swap gets taken out of their wage for the replacement) however with cup games CL, FA Cup and League Cup, they have different sleeve badges put on, and this is per player. So these costs do add up for Castore.

They have a shop on our outlet village but I have never been in, personally I think they have alot of catching up to Adidas and Under Armour. 

I went into Castore's store in Dublin and I was surprised at the lack of product they had on the racks. I was hoping to find a Red Bull shirt. 

Another thing that was a bit disappointing to me is that I was only able to get a replica PSV shirt at their store in Eindhoven. I know the authentic shirts are meant to be slimmer, but Puma apparently does not make PSV's authentic shirts in XXXL, so going a size up was not an option. Normally I'm not so upset by a replica football shirt, but the Toto sleeve sponsor patch is of lesser quality on the replica and that's something new. In past years, PSV has used the same patches on both versions in the store. Maybe I'll have to get an authentic shirt online just for the collection.