Authentic NHL 75th patches

slimcutta

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my patches in the mail today. Pretty quick turn around time. That said, I'm slightly concerned (disappointed?) about the patches compared to what I already have.

Here's one patch on a Kings jersey. Not a crazy difference, but the new one received today looks slightly, and I do mean slightly, better

54477528474716-vi.jpg

On the other hand, the one I have on a TBTC Hawks jersey looks 100x better than the new one!

06477528426302-vi.jpg

I guess for the sake of authenticity it's nice to have these originals, but I don't think I'll be replacing what's already on my jerseys anytime soon. Guess I'll just tuck these patches away for a rainy day.

The one that's already on the Kings jersey looks like it IS an original.

Huh. Interesting. Both the 75th patch and 25th patch on the Kings jersey were purchased on the 'Bay for cheap!

The one that's already on the Kings jersey looks like it IS an original.

Did you get an original 25th? Those aren't that easy to find.

I doubt it.

Did you get an original 25th? Those aren't that easy to find.

Edit, here's the patch:

34477615514730-vi.jpg

Edited by mdwsta4

How many of us bought the 75th anniversary patches with absolutely no jerseys to put them on? I bought mine "just in case", with no prospects of ever being on a jersey anytime soon.

Same. I have eventual plans for at least one but who knows when I'll find the right jersey for it.

How many of us bought the 75th anniversary patches with absolutely no jerseys to put them on? I bought mine "just in case", with no prospects of ever being on a jersey anytime soon.

I have one to put it on. Something really nice, not a Leafs jersey.

I sent two emails to the guy and he never responded :-( So if any member has a couple they want to let go I would love to have 2 or 3....

Thanks guys...

I didn't have any plans for a jersey either, and bought two "just in case" after hearing how rare they are.

Tazer, they're still on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFFICIAL-NHL-75th-ANNIVERSARY-Jersey-Patch-1991-Collectible-Hockey-/322002963522?

I doubt it.

Edit, here's the patch:

It's a good one!! (Well, as long as the white part is fuzzy, like smooth felt.) Looks like you got 2 originals on that 91/92 Kings- well done! Hey, is that a Monarchs' Burger King gamer in the background?

Edited by LAK74

I had plans for the two I bought, but now I'm thinking of getting a couple more to replace repros. I think my Hawks barberpole deserves it, at least.

For what he's charging, I'd replace any repros I had as well.

I have a friend that lives in Pensacola. I wonder if the guy has a physical store that my buddy could walk into and fill a shoebox for us.

Bought 15 of the sumbitches...looking to the future...waaaaay into the future.

I sent two emails to the guy and he never responded :-( So if any member has a couple they want to let go I would love to have 2 or 3....

Thanks guys...

They are on ebay still. But if you still have no luck for some reason, I can help you out.

I have a friend that lives in Pensacola. I wonder if the guy has a physical store that my buddy could walk into and fill a shoebox for us.

I'll bet the guy charges shipping costs.

I ordered one for my black Kings jersey. Will soon be looking for a good 25th patch.

Edited by Silverback53

No $hit?! I honestly had no idea. I just remember doing as much photo matching as I could and stumbled upon both of these. Sadly the jersey is a total foul as the sleeve numbers are for the 92/93 season so the patches shouldn't be on the it. I'm simply not a fan of the sleeve numbers or name outline in 91/92 and couldn't be bothered to strip this otherwise good jersey. I just wanted the patches and something to wear to Kings games. Plus most people at Staples Center couldn't tell the difference anyway so whatever.

http://images51.fotki.com/v278/photos/1/51621/9409627/DSCF3455-vi.jpg

Good eye! Yeah, it's a Brian O'Neill from when the Monarchs auctioned the Burger Kings off a few years back.

http://images14.fotki.com/v380/photos/1/51621/9409627/DSCF3460-vi.jpg

http://images15.fotki.com/v1626/photos/1/51621/9409627/DSCF3464-vi.jpg

It's a good one!! (Well, as long as the white part is fuzzy, like smooth felt.) Looks like you got 2 originals on that 91/92 Kings- well done! Hey, is that a Monarchs' Burger King gamer in the background?

I just wanted the patches and something to wear to Kings games. Plus most people at Staples Center couldn't tell the difference anyway so whatever.

Just make sure you don't run into me at Staples! :D

Yeah, it's a Brian O'Neill from when the Monarchs auctioned the Burger Kings off a few years back.

Great pickup!

Bought two. Might just turn my 90-91 Hexy into a 91-92 if I can find a Flyers 25th or Spectrum all star patch.

Looking for those myself. They seem hard to find.

Looking for those myself. They seem hard to find.

Yeah, there's a bunch of repros on eBay. They look pretty good. But, there's really no substitute for an original.