Authentic NHL 75th patches

slimcutta

My patches arrived today. Without tracking. I messaged the seller, who informed me that he lied about having tracking info because someone else had claimed their order of 25 patches, but he knows they got them. He then told me I was just as wrong as he was and he is glad I got them.

To which I replied that I wasn't wrong, I said he lied about having tracking info, which he did, and I stand by what I said. I wished him luck in selling the rest.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My patches arrived today. Without tracking. I messaged the seller, who informed me that he lied about having tracking info because someone else had claimed their order of 25 patches, but he knows they got them. He then told me I was just as wrong as he was and he is glad I got them.

To which I replied that I wasn't wrong, I said he lied about having tracking info, which he did, and I stand by what I said. I wished him luck in selling the rest.

Geez, this guy just keeps adding to his resume:

"OK, yea, I lied... I didn't have tracking info because I didn't send your package with tracking. But you were just as wrong as I was for correctly saying that I was lying when I said I had tracking info, even though I was actually lying, you were still just as wrong as I was for lying."

An+adam+west+channel+oh+adam_18bf08_3798

Here's the actual quote. Makes about as much sense.

"My reasoning is because I recently lost 25 patches to a man that I told didn't have tracking and he said he did not get them when I know he did! Your batch was in the mail before I learned that people will steal my product if it's not tracked.. I don't know you nor the guy that did that so I told you I'm tracking it. I am not the type to lie, or lose my composure but you were just as wrong as I so we will leave it at that. Thank you for confirming your delivery and for refraining from the negative feedback! My future shipments are and will be tracked!"

I did not "leave it at that" of course, and replied:

"I wasn't wrong at all, I said you lied about having tracking information and you did. I stand by what I said. Good luck with the rest of your patches."

That reasoning makes my head hurt. Just... ######...

Exactly...how was pretending to have tracking info going to keep me from stealing the patches? Imaginary tracking info doesn't actually tell you where the package is!

He said that there was tracking because he didn't want you knowing that there wasn't tracking so you could easily just say you never got it.

But there isn't tracking, and when they arrived, it was obvious there was no tracking. So I would still be able to claim they never arrived whether he pretended there was tracking or not.

But there isn't tracking, and when they arrived, it was obvious there was no tracking. So I would still be able to claim they never arrived whether he pretended there was tracking or not.

I'm not sure this guy was smart enough to realize that. Sending them without tracking was stupid enough, but how he handled it was insane.

You would but I guarantee that was his train of thought. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous though, haha.

You're probably correct. In any event, the point is moot because, even though I easily could have said they never arrived just to spite him, I remained honest.

How should the patch be applied onto the jersey? I myself thought: first ironing and then sewing it on the jersey by a local sewing shop with a Z-stitch.

I tried a little ironing (very carefully, with a towel on top) but doesn't stick yet, even though there's some kind of adhesive on the back.

I won't iron anything on because of the risk of burning or melting either the patch or the Jersey.

For all my patches I use 3M spray on adhesive from the hardware store. I think it's the 3M 77 stuff. Give them a quick coat, let it dry for like 30 seconds and press it on. Make sure you put it in the right spot, I sometimes use masking tape to mark it where I want it beforehand.

Then just use whatever stitch is appropriate for what you're attaching. I do it myself but the spray is strong enough that you could bring it somewhere to have it done afterwards.

Edited by JoeM7392

I am not daring enough to do my own sewing, but if I were, I would do the spray adhesive. I've used it in other applications and it works extremely well.

You guys realize that in the bigs, letters and numbers are applied with a big old heat pressing machine prior to stitching, right? The kind that will crush a man into toasty warm bits if they had the ability to. Don't be afraid of putting an iron on a jersey. As long as you do it properly, there won't be any issues.

Get yourself one of these bad boys...Also good for repressing numbers and crests. Ya know...for those times when someone ships you a jersey and has no clue how to fold it.

20160212_203344-1_zpszw2girqu.jpg

Exactly, as long as you do it properly. I iron jerseys and twill all the time, but I still use the spray adhesive for when I do patches. It works, it's easy, and it's impossible to screw up.

Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a heat press ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you cared about!

Lol! Well done sir...well done.

Ditto, adhesive. Not that it factors in a tremendous amount, but if someone buys a jersey and wants to remove the patch, they can still do so :D

I'm not in the big leagues yet, though.

17hjeamauz9gajpg-vi.jpg