Authentic NHL 75th patches

slimcutta

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that's a very dangerous way of looking at it, in my opinion.

Him providing a rare patch at a good price does not entitle him to be dishonest and outright lie about the cost of shipping. There's no other way of saying that. He's lying, intentionally, and pocketing extra money.

If he listed it for $15 a patch with free shipping that would be one thing, but to deliberately overcharge people and lie about tracking existing? No way does that make it ok for him to "make a couple extra bucks in shipping."

All he has to do is be honest.

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to respond with.

Especially because even over a week later, he's still charging shipping PER PATCH on eBay. Most people aren't going to know or bother to message him to get a refund, and that's what he's counting on.

We didn't force him to list a hundred of them for $12 each, if he was smart and want to maximize his money, that's not the way to go about it. I'm happy I got what I got, definitely won't be messing with that guy again.

As per his eBay message to me, any "extra" shipping money isn't really extra. Its the cost of doing business. To quote him directly:

"whether tracking has been put on yours or not or I'm charging people 5.75 for shipping or not is a business equation.... 5.75 isn't only for shipping.... its for gas to post office, shipping materials, time involved in handling and lines at post office, etc.... business... don't worry about my shipping costs or prices on my product if you don't know what business expenses are.."

I did not, but could have replied that spending money on gas and waiting in lines at the post office for First Class shipping, which could be accomplished by sticking something in an envelope and putting a couple stamps on it and giving it to your mailman to pick up doesn't make any business sense, but I believe that argument would have been lost on him.

We didn't force him to list a hundred of them for $12 each, if he was smart and want to maximize his money, that's not the way to go about it. I'm happy I got what I got, definitely won't be messing with that guy again.

Also a nonsensical business plan, having stock in a rare item and then flooding the market with them at a reduced price.

Ah, gas to the post office and the inconvenience of waiting in line at the post office. This guy is definitely a """businessman""". Didn't know we were paying for handling as well, I thought this was a guy on eBay not Billy freaking Mays on late night infomercials. "But wait, there's more! More shipping charges!"

He's scrambling for answers now, it's pretty entertaining.

Also a nonsensical business plan, having stock in a rare item and then flooding the market with them at a reduced price.

Yeah that's kind of my point. We have been paying a lot more for these patches up until now, so for the chance to get a bunch at a much reduced price I'm not going to worry about a couple bucks per patch. Yeah it sucks that he was disingenuous, but if he would have charged two bucks more per patch I would have spent the same amount in total and not been any less happy about it.

Yeah that's kind of my point. We have been paying a lot more for these patches up until now, so for the chance to get a bunch at a much reduced price I'm not going to worry about a couple bucks per patch. Yeah it sucks that he was disingenuous, but if he would have charged two bucks more per patch I would have spent the same amount in total and not been any less happy about it.

Nobody disagrees with that at all. It's that now since he stiffed mfitz on the shipping he has no idea where the patches actually are, and goes as far as even suggesting that mfitz would lie about receiving them.

That's the issue. If you want to do what he did you have to take responsibility when it doesn't show up and you have no way of proving that it was even shipped outside of checking a little box on eBay.

Oh, I'm not at all unhappy with the price. I made that very clear to him. My problem is the fact that he says he had tracking information, he checked it and it shows no movement, but he won't give it to me. And based on other people's experiences, he didn't use tracking.

I specifically told him, if his response was that he sent them first class and he didn't have tracking, I wouldn't have said anything, I would have just patiently waited. But everyone else got theirs, I didn't get mine, and he said he had tracking, which you don't get with First Class unless you pay for it. Which, coupled with the $5.75 price, made me think he sent them by Priority Mail, which means they should have arrived by now. If I knew they were sent first class, I would have waited longer before contacting him because I know that takes longer.

Instead, he said he tracked them, he didn't know why they hadn't arrived yet, and he was looking into it with the post office. Its clear none of these things are true. THAT is why I'm upset. If he was only pocketing $4.55 of my money, I wouldn't care because the price was right.

Nobody disagrees with that at all. It's that now since he stiffed mfitz on the shipping he has no idea where the patches actually are, and goes as far as even suggesting that mfitz would lie about receiving them.

That's the issue. If you want to do what he did you have to take responsibility when it doesn't show up and you have no way of proving that it was even shipped outside of checking a little box on eBay.

Yes, he definitely implied that I will say I didn't receive them even if I did just to get a refund. Which, of course, I could not do if he has valid tracking information. His story has more holes in it than a Bob Probert game worn...

He's shipping a lot of these per day... making at least $2 per patch extra... how much gas is he using that the extra is supposed to cover gas? LOL

Is the Post Office 40 miles away and he drives a Hummer?

I actually hate that I gave this guy money now. He's a scum bag based on his responses. "Business expenses"? So what does the profit for each patch (not the shipping) pay for? That doesn't pay for his time or gas, etc.? Idiotic, arrogant responses as if he's some supreme businessman. What a tool.

He's shipping a lot of these per day... making at least $2 per patch extra... how much gas is he using that the extra is supposed to cover gas? LOL

Is the Post Office 40 miles away and he drives a Hummer?

I actually hate that I gave this guy money now. He's a scum bag based on his responses. "Business expenses"? So what does the profit for each patch (not the shipping) pay for? That doesn't pay for his time or gas, etc.? Idiotic, arrogant responses as if he's some supreme businessman. What a tool.

That's only ONE of his responses. You'd hate him even more, trust me.

Mail came today, still no patches.

Hoping mine will surface in the next couple of days. Increasingly frustrated by this situation.

Edited by mfitz804

Did he raise the price? They're going for $13 plus $5.75 shipping now...

We made a deal for a lower price because I bought a bunch...prepping for the future? Lol.

Well this sucks. When I originally dealt with him, he seemed like a nice enough guy, and didn't charge me shipping.

I asked him to mail me 1 patch to confirm they were good, first, and then I asked how many he had (hundreds), and I told him that as long as they were good, I'd release the hounds.

He reassured me they were good, gave me his info, and told me folks could email him directly.

I'm packing up and receive a package in the lobby, open it, run upstairs for my final load, take 2 mins to tell youz all, giving the wrong information, and leave for the weekend.

Upon return I semi-correct the sheitstorm I created, and then this happens.

clusterfuck-vi.jpg

KillMeAnimals01-vi.jpg

Seems like most everyone other than me got what they wanted at a good price, so I wouldn't worry. This guy's business practices and/or stupidity are not a reflection on you. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

Well this sucks. When I originally dealt with him, he seemed like a nice enough guy, and didn't charge me shipping.

I asked him to mail me 1 patch to confirm they were good, first, and then I asked how many he had (hundreds), and I told him that as long as they were good, I'd release the hounds.

He reassured me they were good, gave me his info, and told me folks could email him directly.

I'm packing up and receive a package in the lobby, open it, run upstairs for my final load, take 2 mins to tell youz all, giving the wrong information, and leave for the weekend.

Upon return I semi-correct the sheitstorm I created, and then this happens.

8qH7dVm.gif

Is that Dion already flopping around on the ice in Ottawa? Isn't that his first game there?

Nah, you still provided good info and I'm sure everyone is happy with the price at the end of the day. It's just that the guy ends up being a . That's not a reflection on you.

Nah, you still provided good info and I'm sure everyone is happy with the price at the end of the day. It's just that the guy ends up being a ######. That's not a reflection on you.

I can add also, I don't think a guy being a jackwagon necessarily means you can't do business with him, he still has a good product for a good price. But, you should be aware of the kind of guy he is going into the deal. As I attempted to explain to him several times without success, I don't think he is trying to steal from people, but I did catch him in a lie.