eBay version 4.0

dsl135

What the deuce?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331628363156

Our old pal jerseys4thewin has some sort of Fakenstein jersey where someone took an apparently legit Starter authentic Rangers Liberty and sewn on the tags off a fake Starter Gretzky blue jersey to make it look team-issued. They also had a second Starter logo and NHL shield sewn on the left-hem.

I'd have no problem if someone did this themselves for their personal collection since the jersey is mostly authentic not fake, but trying to pass it off as team issue is shady (not surprising considering the seller).

The funniest part of all is that the Rangers didn't even wear the navy Liberty jersey in 1998-99. :lol:

He bought that from another eBay member that had it listed last week. I was going to bid and then it was gone. I figured this would happen. Edited by thebiggoalie

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He bought that from another eBay member that had it listed last week. I was going to bid and then it was gone. I figured this would happen.

Yup, that's how he do.

Yup, that's how he do.

I know. I've had several altercations with him. Sometimes, I'll buy something I don't even know if I want or not just because I know he'll grab it if nobody else grabs it.

He bought that from another eBay member that had it listed last week. I was going to bid and then it was gone. I figured this would happen.

Did the original seller try to pass it off as game issue or team issue?

Did the original seller try to pass it off as game issue or team issue?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141729401834&globalID=EBAY-US

I saw j4w had this jersey and I have never seen a fake gretz liberty and without going crazy looking at all the details I asked him if the jersey had the Berlin. WI tag in it.

That was a couple days ago.

I guess by his ignoring my question, it does not, and he knows, that I know, that he knows that I know it's not what it should be.

I was genuinely interested if it was a Berlin jersey regardless of the customizations.

What's everyones thoughts on this one? Seems to be a legit Berlin WI jersey. But how accurate is it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gretzky-Signed-New-York-Rangers-Liberty-Starter-Jersey-Mens-56-R-Fight-Strap-/151781082404?hash=item2356db8524

The letter font is way too thick for that season (1997-98). It should be the skinny font, which was only used during that one year, and looked like this:

image_zpsoxfnpkpo.jpg

The numbers aren't far off, though.

I bought this jersey off of eBay and paid and got a tracking number and the seller relisted the item.

Should I be worried? It is a NWT Starter Rangers home jersey - seller used the exact same pictures in the re-list. I just thought it seemed unlikely he would have more than 1 NWT size 46 Starter Rangers jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131575272967?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Relisted item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141749060921?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So far it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. It wouldn't be that unusual to have 2 of the same NWT jerseys. There's a guy on eBay that was selling size 48 NWT 96/97 Liberties for years now- I lost track of how many were sold. I bought one a few years ago, and I think I saw one for auction just a few months ago, and I haven't even been actively looking for them.

Anyone ever sell anything to Japan?

Got this message:

I'm interested in and considering to bid on your auction on ebay.

I'm living in japan and I'd like you to advise if it's possible for you to ship the item to japan in the case I'd win the item.

Also,in that case,please advise how much the shipping

(hope is Canada Post Air Mail Small Packet International) cost would be.

It would be gratefully appreciated if you could kindly advise by e-mail.

Challenge is that the method of shipping he's asking for doesn't have tracking. But it's also $60 cheaper than the other method.

My thought is we go through PayPal and get him to do a payment as a gift.

User name is : keiz112

He has 4 positive feedback in the last month but it's set to private.

Another option is to try and send it to a family member of his in Canada/US

If not paying by gift do not ship to any other address than his confirmed address. if he files a complaint of some sort then you have a very high chance of losing the case.

if he gifts it i figure you can ship anywhere he wants you to ship.

I have sold a jersey to him on eBay. His english isn't the best but he's trustworthy. He bought a Team Austria gamer from me.

I bid on both devils xmas trees he had really low knowing I wouldn't win, and it was amazing how quickly and obviously he shilled both of them up. One person outbids me, it's retracted 20 minutes later and then another hour goes by and someone magically bids $3 less than my max.

EBay just doesn't give a s*** if they get their 10%.

Edited by JoeM7392

Meanwhile I know someone who had an actual person place a "shill" bid on an item, and he was suspended 30 days for the first (and only) infraction. And that bid was never withdrawn, only used to push the bid up, and it was subsequently outbid.

It's amazing.

The two people involved were related, but had different addresses in different states and with different last names.

Only one bid in common between the two, and they never had the same last name or address at any time while they were eBay members. Neither even bought something and had it sent to the other's address.

To this day, we can't figure it out.

Edited by mfitz804