eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Very good. Starter too. Tough to find those being it's a one-year style and all.

How do Starters fit compared to CCM? I saw a Starter in 54 I might make a play for if they happen to run bigger.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 46-R fits just like a 1990's CCM 46.

A 46-R fits just like a 1990's CCM 46.

Weren't there size differences between different teams? I remember reading that somewhere. *sizing discussion*

In my own experience the Starter poly knit jerseys (like the Whalers) seem to fit fairly uniformly for a given size. The nylon mesh jerseys seem to vary a bit more in size. I have a good number of Starter 46-R jerseys. The knits all seem to fit around the same, but the smallest and largest ones (i.e., the extremes of that particular size range) are the mesh ones.

Question about the global shipping program.

Once the item has sold at auction, can the seller go back and opt out of the program on the item?

Also, if I can't get out of it, do I pay shipping to the seller in addition to the shipping and import charges to Pitney Bowes? Or does the sellers shipping cost get subtracted from the total to Pitney Bowes.

I bought an item at auction and it has the GSP. Hopefully I can get out of it, otherwise I'm going to get him to ship it to the US

I was badly suprised by learning the GSP for shipping from US to CAN. This is almost as expensive as shipping the item to Europe. Now that does not make sense to me as it is on the same continent et al.

You pay the sellers shipping cost and the cost to Pitney Bowes. Sellers don't know that they have to mail the item within the US so they charge an international rate anyway which is total BS.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/331673222698

What's this?

Edited by Silverback53

Nothing out of the ordinary- just an authentic 6100 with various patches (used at some point in Yzerman's career) added on the back, plus the patch worn by the team during Yzerman's jersey retirement ceremony/game in 2007.

Patch-o-rama.

My first thought was: Did he actually play at his own retirement game? :-)

Global shipping has ruined eBay for Canadians. Combine that with a terrible Canadian dollar, and a jersey that might cost 50USD+10USD shipping to purchase within the states could cost a Canadian as much as 80-100USD with the shipping programming, which today is almost 130 CAD.

If you REALLY want a jersey, it is worth it to message the seller and ask them to opt out. A lot of sellers do not realize they've opted in as you can only see the cost from the Canadian site. If you're opted in, you're probably killing a huge chunk of your potential buyers which will really hurt you at auction.

The program is a good idea internationally because there are countries that just aren't worth shipping to because of high rates of mail fraud, but it makes no sense from a seller's perspective to implement it from US to CAD. It is a very smart business move by eBay, because they are basically taking more money away from the seller and in turn charging the seller for an extra service that isn't needed. That extra service is repackaging and shipping your item to Canada. Basically, instead you shipping right to the buyer, you ship it to the company that eBay runs the program through, they do whatever they do (presumably check the item), and then they ship it to the buyer. So it is like paying twice to ship it+paying a fee to eBay for the service.

The reason I say it is taking money away from sellers, is that your item is worth what it is worth. If someone is willing to pay $150 for a jersey, odds are you can't ask for $150 plus $20 shipping plus $30 global shipping fees because that would be $200. You can ask for $100+20 shipping+30 fees. Which leaves you with $100-10%(?) of $150.....I'm guessing they charge fees on the final total, which is another angle they get you on. The global shipping program can raise the final total by a significant amount. So if the buyer pays a $30 global shipping fee.....you as a seller are probably paying 10 percent or what ever it is of eBay fees on that $30 you'll never see.

TL;DR-opt out of global shipping for Canada.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

It wasn't even Varlamov's fault, he was the only reason they were a playoff team 2 years ago instead of a lottery team. Their defense is about as good as David Price in a playoff game and until there is a professional league for wife beating Patrick Roy has zero business coaching anything.