eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I bid on both devils xmas trees he had really low knowing I wouldn't win, and it was amazing how quickly and obviously he shilled both of them up. One person outbids me, it's retracted 20 minutes later and then another hour goes by and someone magically bids $3 less than my max.

EBay just doesn't give a s*** if they get their 10%.

I saw those Devils jerseys and something seemed off on them. I've heard of stories of them doing stuff to jerseys to up their value.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw those Devils jerseys and something seemed off on them. I've heard of stories of them doing stuff to jerseys to up their value.

I mean the numbers on the driver were absolutely brutal, and both had no nameplates. Would I have paid $200 to strip them and have them done right? Probably, but $350 for driver and $450 for the shanny? No way.

I mean the numbers on the driver were absolutely brutal, and both had no nameplates. Would I have paid $200 to strip them and have them done right? Probably, but $350 for driver and $450 for the shanny? No way.

That's right that was the issue. I remember looking at them on Tuesday I think and remember wondering where the nameplates are. I saw who the seller was and immediately did not even bother looking at them even further.

i don't know anyone who would have definitely paid those prices if they were in his size!

:D

Leafs collectors, this is just an authentic right? It doesn't have the typical Domi customization (like shortened sleeves), but the game worn patch puzzles me. Maybe a stripped GW/GI?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Domi-CCM-sz-54-jersey-fight-strap-/121736059309?redirect=mobile&nma=true&si=aqXzq%252BhM%252FS%252FgRWr3D6BzuhOnHy0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Not sure what to make of it..........GI Leafs jerseys do not have the hem patch

Could be a stripped gamer or someone had the patch made up and sewn in.

That's Keener...and he says right in the description that it's not game worn.

Yep, I read that..not a seller who tries to sell the jersey as a possible gamer. I was only wondering about the GW patch inside the jersey.

Doesn't look like an authentic patch either. Looks like it has a black border going all the way around which isn't correct. I'm pretty sure Keener sold a Sundin a while back that had a set tag added in it as well.

He sells jerseys that are not game worn but have basically every single feature including set patches and tags. He is entirely honest about them being legit jerseys NOT worn by the player but it does create a significant resale risk of people trying to pass them off as such.

He sells jerseys that are not game worn but have basically every single feature including set patches and tags. He is entirely honest about them being legit jerseys NOT worn by the player but it does create a significant resale risk of people trying to pass them off as such.

I'd say he should explain the presence of the tag in his listings. He's a good dude and I know he's not trying to deceive anyone, but the ad he placed is confusing and deceptive, even if unintentionally so.

Funny joke, but apparently you haven't been to many Kings games! :P

How'd I do on this one? Seemed expensive, but the last authentic White Liberty was blank and went for close to this -- the previous white liberty Gretzky went for more than this and wasn't autographed ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271980388783

Looks authentic, still brand new with tags too. Don't think they fake the white liberty - so hopefully nobody will turn around and tell me I bought a really expensive fake ... :-O

This has the right neck collar colors too (red, grey, blue from top to bottom)...

A sort of jersey foul since Gretzky never really wore the 'C' for the Rangers (except when Leetch got injured) - don't know if he wore the White liberty with the 'C' ever?

Edited by liquidice

How'd I do on this one? Seemed expensive, but the last authentic White Liberty was blank and went for close to this -- the previous white liberty Gretzky went for more than this and wasn't autographed ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271980388783

Looks authentic, still brand new with tags too. Don't think they fake the white liberty - so hopefully nobody will turn around and tell me I bought a really expensive fake ... :-O

This has the right neck collar colors too (red, grey, blue from top to bottom)...

Ugh. That C on the chest makes me want to barf.

Ugh. That C on the chest makes me want to barf.

In '98 Gretzky wore the 'C' for the Rangers for a few games while Leetch was injured ... not sure if he wore the White liberty during either of those games though.

Example: http://www.nytimes.com/1998/04/08/sports/hockey-rangers-waste-gretzky-s-gifts-again.html

Oh thats from the '97-98 season though -- so still probably a jersey foul.

Gretzky also wore the captain's ''C'' for the second consecutive night because of the absence of Brian Leetch, the injured defenseman.

Edited by liquidice

The seller of this jersey changes its price and format at least 5 times a day. It was $240 and $215 earlier today.

He's been doing it for at least two weeks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Brodeur-New-Jersey-Devils-Edge-2-0-Goalie-Cut-Jersey-58G-CCM-/141771106625?hash=item2102376941

It's $195 at the time I'm posting this.

I don't know about the seller. But there have to have been 30 price changes in the last week.

I'm not considering it, it just keeps popping up in my searches. I appreciate the heads up though.