It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome jersey, Oxbo. Probably the most appreciative fan ever, so I'm glad it's yours!

Grats man! Glad you snagged a grail.

I gotta say it's a testament to how small the Nike Swift jerseys run that Zucc's is a size 58 :lol:

Holy crap...WEAR on a Swift jersey?? I'm amazed!

That is a real stunner. Very sharp indeed. Stacked numbers or kiss-cut?

Great Zucc! A 58? Who'd have thunk....?

So a regular 58 is a Swift 72?

;)

Imagine what Chara wears in a Swift, a size 80?

Had this for a little while but just got around to taking some photos

wolski_wc2012_gi_f_sm.jpgwolski_wc2012_gi_b_sm.jpg

Though it's only a GI since he didn't play in the game, he at least got to practice in the park
wolski_wc2012_practice_photo.jpg

And he got to appear on the Today show

Nice WC! I'm sorry but those are way nicer than the SS jerseys.

Nice jersey Matt.

I wouldn't say it's nicer than the SS. They're two totally different concepts, one being a Winter Classic (throwback) game, and one being a Stadium Series (futuristic) game. Kinda like comparing apples and oranges. I have to say, I initially liked the WC, whereas I didn't like the SS at first. After getting one in my hands though, it's grown on me.

That Zuccarello is full of win, you can't beat getting a Nike Swift will actual wear. Even better that it didn't end up getting chopped up by a card company or in the hands of a Rags fan. :thumbsup:

Holy crap...WEAR on a Swift jersey?? I'm amazed!

That is a real stunner. Very sharp indeed. Stacked numbers or kiss-cut?

I have several swifts with great wear actually, especially from the first generation of swifts with the more rubbery material. They felt more like the new replicas that came out this year. I think the problem with Swift jerseys is not that they take wear badly but that they are used for short periods of time, like one WC. I have a Russia WC from 2012 that was worn in like 8 or 9 games when they won gold that has pretty decent wear. Here is one that is beat up nicely as well.

P1010260-vi.jpg

Well, don't forget: A Swift 58 equals a regular 44. So, it DOES make sense for the Hobbit.

And I think this year's sizing is even smaller than the last generation of swift jerseys. I have one game worn jersey that is size 64 from the first generation of swifts as well!

I want to say that we are now probably on the third generation of swift jerseys since they came out in 2006ish. This one feels a little different than the others. It actually feels lighter than before and that there is almost like a little pocket of air in between the layers. That is why I think the wear on this Zuccarello is so great for one game as the jerseys might be constructed flimsier then predecessors or I just got lucky. The left sleeve isn't the only place where this is wear though so I think there may be something to it.

I know nobody asked, but this jersey is different than other swift jerseys so I figured I'd point out some differences between the "generations". I think they follow something like this;

1st generation - 2006 to 2008 - rubbery, soft and stretchy with some minor changes year to year, not all that easy to find anymore. Found with a weird rubbery or mesh collar. Mesh underarms also have a layer of fabric between the mesh or almost no mesh at all (like the jersey above). Single colour font style for all jerseys and glued lettering on heat-pressed nameplate.

P1010638-vi.jpg

P1010052-vi.jpg

2nd generation - 2008 - 2013+ - more streamlined production, material is not as soft nor absorbent and certainly tougher than first generation. Collar is generally two colour polyester but also sometimes a v-neck or with laces on special occasions. Mesh underarms is more "airy" underneath. A little bit more flexibility on font styles as some one-off styles are used and multiple colours used instead of standard single-layer lettering for every jersey.

P1010535-vi.jpg

P1011642-vi.jpg

3rd generation - 2014 Olympics+? - More pop bottles! Stretchier than second generation and probably lesser quality as it feels like there is a layer of air in between the fabrics. The build quality seems softer and the Nike symbol is screen-printed instead of sewn as many first generation swift jerseys had screenprinting on them. The front logo is also heat pressed and not sewn down. It honestly feels a bit like a cross between generation one and generation two. It is also a bit more boxy in it's fitting. This is my first one from this style and it may not be used again after this Olympics or it might become the new standard. This one has kiss-cut numbers.

P1010877-vi.jpg

P1010878-vi.jpg

Edit: more pictures added for clarification

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Edited by oxbo1690

and one being a (futuristic) game.

Everyone knows this is what they should've worn if they wanted to be accurate:

85e8431262ef93919925ad383f367b9f.jpg

Great pickups everyone! Good stuff!!

I picked up this beautiful Starter NY Rangers Richter a couple of weeks ago off the Bay.. Had to pick it up as you dont see a Starter Richter come available very often. k0e9.jpg