eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

Just make sure the dates on your bills are from before 1980, otherwise you might cause the universe to implode on itself ala Back To The Future logic.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure the dates on your bills are from before 1980, otherwise you might cause the universe to implode on itself ala Back To The Future logic.

An interesting take- that was never mentioned in the films.....then again McFly didn't seem to have a lot of money......

Reading the recent posts re: armpit gussets on replica jerseys and thought I'd add my limited info: I have 90s Starter replicas, many Avs and 1 Coyotes, one late 90s CCM Senators replica, a 2001 CCM North American all star replica and two 2000 Pro Player replicas. All have armpit gussets. Starter & Pro Players have double elbows and shoulders as well.

The difference is the gusset itself. Not the lack of one. If you look at pro version ccm from the 90's era the gusset is reinforced with double line stitching to prevent tearing as are all major seams. The replicas have the gusset but its not reinforced nor are any of the seams.

I guess the overall point icodex was making was there are little differences between the airknit replicas and airknit pro jerseys. On a pure visual level most agree that the obvious visual differences are fight strap, double elbows, hem details and tagging. However the physical construction does have finer detail differences that would be labor intensive to replicate correctly as they are part of the construction process and cannot simply be added as easy as a fight strap.

I believe it was. Didn't Doc have a briefcase full of different bills in the 2nd movie? Money from every time period.

Oh yeah! I stand corrected. Now off to the Fish Under the Sea dance.....

That's "Enchantment" Under the Sea dance... :thumbsup:

The difference is the gusset itself. Not the lack of one. If you look at pro version ccm from the 90's era the gusset is reinforced with double line stitching to prevent tearing as are all major seams. The replicas have the gusset but its not reinforced nor are any of the seams.

I guess the overall point icodex was making was there are little differences between the airknit replicas and airknit pro jerseys. On a pure visual level most agree that the obvious visual differences are fight strap, double elbows, hem details and tagging. However the physical construction does have finer detail differences that would be labor intensive to replicate correctly as they are part of the construction process and cannot simply be added as easy as a fight strap.

Don't you have a Wild Wing gamer, can you post a picture of the under arm gusset and a close up of the stitching? Oh and the Air-Knit material front and back. I just want to compare and I completely understand what you're saying.

This is my Wild Wild Gamer compared with a 95-96 Canucks Alt Replica which was convenient to grab as the color shows what i am talking about better.

If you notice, the Replica seams of the gusset appear to stick up a little bit as the construction is made by taking 2 pieces of fabric, lining them up even at the edge, sewing the edges together, and then flipping it inside out. This is how the replica is constructed and what you have is a little stitched seam.

The Pro version then takes it another step further by having a double stitched line pattern and a type of yarn called wooly nylon which is used to reinforce all of these seams and sews the edges flat against the jersey. The wooly nylon is a stretch thread which allows the jersey to flex and creates give if the jersey is pulled on. If NHL players wore Replica construction jerseys they would literally come apart at the seams.

The Jersey itself is made of the exact same air-knit for both replica, and pro.

This is my Wild Wild Gamer compared with a 95-96 Canucks Alt Replica which was convenient to grab as the color shows what i am talking about better.

If you notice, the Replica seams of the gusset appear to stick up a little bit as the construction is made by taking 2 pieces of fabric, lining them up even at the edge, sewing the edges together, and then flipping it inside out. This is how the replica is constructed and what you have is a little stitched seam.

The Pro version then takes it another step further by having a double stitched line pattern and a type of yarn called wooly nylon which is used to reinforce all of these seams and sews the edges flat against the jersey. The wooly nylon is a stretch thread which allows the jersey to flex and creates give if the jersey is pulled on. If NHL players wore Replica construction jerseys they would literally come apart at the seams.

The Jersey itself is made of the exact same air-knit for both replica, and pro.

Sweet man thanks for posting the pictures and confirming that the material is the same and the two different types of stitch patterns are used between the two types of jerseys.

The wooly nylon is a stretch thread which allows the jersey to flex and creates give if the jersey is pulled on.

Then someone at Reebok thought, "what if we made the jersey completely out of stretch material".. And boom! EDGE is born..

Great bit of info chow hound, it makes sense why replicas feels so rigid at times now

Looking for hours for a pre-550 CCM Habs replica on the cheap, think I've got it, then low and behold... customised with pressed vinyl! Fml...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200800116356

Anybody here snag this?

I went to bid and my effin work computer crashed on me..EFFFF!!!!

Hit me up if you did, svp.

I feel your pain dude, my computer's six years old and the motherboard decides it can't deal with the most basic HTML pages at the most inopportune times. $110, dang... what a steal too. *not trying to rub salt in the wound*

I just snagged a 2005-07 reebok 6100 cut Minnesota wild authentic dark size 56 for $15.51 plus $6.00 for shipping off of the old eBay!

I'll pay you triple that! :lol:

"crotch under area is breathable polyester, inside the pants are dusty, etc"

COUNT ME IN!

In all seriousness, they are a nice pair of Supra's. Would look good on a full body mannequin display with the matching jersey and socks. One could easily get carried away with that.

In all seriousness, they are a nice pair of Supra's. Would look good on a full body mannequin display with the matching jersey and socks. One could easily get carried away with that.

How much would an authentic '85-'89 home/road set you back? I don't think I've ever saw one for sale.

Tonight dear friends, I am a happy man. After cleaning up the glue residue from the flock printing I'd put on it - I've finally been able to sell my horrible, horrendous, cursed Red Wings fashion jersey that I bought when I was a jersey n00b. It may have been kinder to burn it, but hell someone wanted it enough, it had 14 watchers at its peak on eBay.

Wave bye-bye...

2n9e3ux.jpg