eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no deal or steal, but it is rare: a Penguins Starter MESH goalie-cut.

The Pens wore Starter mesh for half a season before switching to knit jerseys and as far as I know, they weren't sold for retail.

If only this was a regular cut...

If only this was a regular cut...

Yeh I don't doubt you and I would have been fighting over it to go with our black Pens Starter mesh jerseys ...

I had a question about the "Authentic Collection, Center Ice, Mise Aujeu" tag that is on authentic jerseys from the early 90's. When did CCM start putting this tag in their retail authentics? I'm trying to decide whether to buy a jersey off ebay but the seller is saying that the jersey doesn't have the tag because it came out before CCM started putting the tag on the jersey.

I used to think around 1991 but I know I've seen them in certain ones as early as 1990. But don't let the lack of that tag make you not want a jersey. If it's legit, it's legit; regardless of whether it has that tag or not.

I had a question about the "Authentic Collection, Center Ice, Mise Aujeu" tag that is on authentic jerseys from the early 90's. When did CCM start putting this tag in their retail authentics? I'm trying to decide whether to buy a jersey off ebay but the seller is saying that the jersey doesn't have the tag because it came out before CCM started putting the tag on the jersey.

And or they fall out, those things arent in there all that great.

And or they fall out, those things arent in there all that great.

Yeah, I have one from 96 that I got NWT and the stitches dropped out of one end of the tag. They were still in the tag but no longer in the jersey.

I had a question about the "Authentic Collection, Center Ice, Mise Aujeu" tag that is on authentic jerseys from the early 90's. When did CCM start putting this tag in their retail authentics?

I agree with Brilliant!- For the most part, by 1991 a number of things changed on CCM authentics. In addition to the Center Ice tag, the small separate size tag started to appear, so they didn't have to write the size in pen on the Maska neck tag, like they used to. Also the fight straps got a little wider and started to have the flat buttons instead of the round head buttons. So if the jersey you're looking at has only the Maska tag in the center of the collar with no separate size tag, and if the fight strap has the round buttons, then the seller is probably right. But I have seen at least one gamer with the Center Ice tag that was from 1990-91, so everything I said above isn't necessarily a hard and fast rule.

I agree with Brilliant!- For the most part, by 1991 a number of things changed on CCM authentics. In addition to the Center Ice tag, the small separate size tag started to appear, so they didn't have to write the size in pen on the Maska neck tag, like they used to. Also the fight straps got a little wider and started to have the flat buttons instead of the round head buttons. So if the jersey you're looking at has only the Maska tag in the center of the collar with no separate size tag, and if the fight strap has the round buttons, then the seller is probably right. But I have seen at least one gamer with the Center Ice tag that was from 1990-91, so everything I said above isn't necessarily a hard and fast rule.

Looks like the jersey I'm looking at is an Ultrafil as it is on the jersey tag. It has the CCM and orange NHL shield but no Center Ice tag. Seriously considering getting it now that I've read that the center ice tag didn't appear until 1991. Definitely this jersey existed before 1991.

Was there a size tag next to the Maska Ultrafil tag? In this particular case the lack of this tag would probably be more indicative of the time period than the CCM logo/NHL shield or the lack of the Center Ice tag.

I was just going to post those... ###### that was the most intense auction Ive seen on eBay in a long time. I had fun and I didnt even get to bid. I had $225 ready to go on the blue one haha. I almost pooped when the white went from 300 to 600 in a blink. That was awesome, congrats on the win. Thats like a once in a decade type of find.

Ummmm ya -

'84 Blues for $467 ...I bid to $460 and missed out :(

At least I got the white, but man did it cost me :D

In about a month, it should look like this

and just for that wow factor, check out this bad boy

Why do you taunt me????????????

Hold on - why does that have the Reebok retail tagging on it???

I noticed that too.

For all of the noobs to this site. This thread was a winner back in December! http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4304&hl=jerseybaron#entry74798

Ummmm ya -

'84 Blues for $467 ...I bid to $460 and missed out :(

At least I got the white, but man did it cost me :D

In about a month, it should look like this

and just for that wow factor, check out this bad boy

Congrats! But I'm a little disappointed for you slim...The white is great but the pair would have been fantastic. Maybe whoever won the blue, their wife will find out and put her foot down and you'll get a second chance offer. Best not to split them up you know, jerseys have feelings and they will fall into deep depression. :wacko: