eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

The most I tell myself I will ever spend on a jersey is $300. I've come close to that, but I am really going to try to avoid spending more than that. Only way I would pay more than $250 is if it is game used

I guess it all depends what you're after -

Rangers TBTC

Penguins '90-92

Those stupid WildWing replicas that people keep paying waaaay too much for

Most of these, and others will go for North of $400 on regular basis.

Speaking of jerseys that shouldn't cost so much - someone's gonna be disappointed when this shows up.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very valid point. I think if the lesser players gamers popped up for sale they would go for less than $1000, $700 - $800 if I had to guess. $500 for the blank and another $50 - $80 to have it customized properly and you might as well just buy the gamer.

Also, you have to assume that the extra's Reebok made that didn't get used are sitting somewhere and if JerseyBaron got his hands on one then others will become available eventually. Like I always say, everything shows up on Ebay sooner or later. Everything.

I can't recall the last time I saw any of those actually show up on ebay though. And it has been a few years now. I'm kinda kicking myself when I let that auction go by and ended up with socks, pants, gloves, helmet but no jersey. I agree that $500 is steep and that customizing that properly will also take some doing, but I can see why he's looking for a price like that. There's guys around (like me) who are missing that particular jersey from a collection. And since the game worn jerseys haven't started popping up yet, and I'm sure that with the Bruins recently having reinvigorated their fanbase with a cup win, I think that its fair to say that a 2.0 WC jersey is going to cost a bit more than your run of the mill 2.0 GI jersey.

Speaking of jerseys that shouldn't cost so much - someone's gonna be disappointed when this shows up.

That there will be a slap across the face.

Hey, this is fun!

I mean, probably between $90 to $150

If it's the actual first white they used, eg - small ccm block logo sans-nhl shield, potentially more

It's the one just after with the CCM block and NHL shield. Just wondering because I got it off eBay UK for £33 / $52.

Customization looks off, but a Authentic white Capitals CCM air knit size 50 with NHL 75th patch at $50, but still 7 days left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-EARLY-90s-WASHINGTON-CAPITALS-AUTHENTIC-PRO-HOCKEY-JERSEY-NO-REMAKE-/170889654280?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27c9d13008#ht_500wt_1156

It's the one just after with the CCM block and NHL shield. Just wondering because I got it off eBay UK for £33 / $52.

Any authentic for $52 is a great price. Congrats!

Customization looks off, but a Authentic white Capitals CCM air knit size 50 with NHL 75th patch at $50, but still 7 days left.

http://www.ebay.com/...8#ht_500wt_1156

Ya, I'm pretty sure most folks have been watching his auctions. I know I've taken advantage of a few ;)

How's the Wendel?

Brutal! Should look like this -

2958237520105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2270505430105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

I agree it's tough to sell out more than $300 for a jersey that isn't a gamer. But I know when I was searching for a Rangers WC, I would have been willing to pay upwards of $400 just because they were impossible to find and the Bruins is even more rare being a team issue that wasn't ever available at retail.

Sometimes you have to shell out more than you'd like/feel is reasonable based on supply. I paid a bit more than I'd have liked for my WC but when I found it, I knew it would be a looong time before I'd get another crack at it.

I'm just wondering where that seller was able to snatch up a TI WC jersey from. That tag looks bigger than the standard MeiGray TI tags, so I would imagine it came from somewhere else. Possibly the proshop? Either way, I'm pretty jealous.

I'm just wondering where that seller was able to snatch up a TI WC jersey from. That tag looks bigger than the standard MeiGray TI tags, so I would imagine it came from somewhere else. Possibly the proshop? Either way, I'm pretty jealous.

At one point, he had several. A 56 was listed and sold, and he still has a 54. I contacted him and he was willing to budge a little bit, though not quite as much as I really would have preferred. Nonetheless, I grabbed a 54 for substantially less than the listed price. What the hell, they really don't come along very often.

Would you know who did the customization for the WC jerseys?

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll find out whether they can still do the proper WC customization. I'm on the fence about who to put on it. As it is a size 54, Savard and Sturm would be good bets. I have a Bergeron in the replica already.

335bd8a8.jpg

2acf4f9a.jpg

Derek Morris's gloves are pretty nice.... but I surely don't need a Derek Morris jersey!

IMG_0612.jpg

I have a blank GI 2.0 Third jersey that I need to do as well. Hmmm.

This is no deal or steal, but it is rare: a Penguins Starter MESH goalie-cut.

The Pens wore Starter mesh for half a season before switching to knit jerseys and as far as I know, they weren't sold for retail.