New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted to know why do goaltenders use numbers from 30-35 or single digits?

So I never thought to post these under the new arrivals section - should have posted my last group, this guy does some awesome work!

As a goalie, I approve! ;)

And yeah, I'm kinda a goalie too.... at least I was about 20 years ago.

That's good enough. Once a goalie, forever a goalie. :P

That's good enough. Once a goalie, forever a goalie. :P

Yeah, once word gets out a guy can stop a puck I get calls all hours of the day.

Btw. Where did you get that sweet Casey jersey? Ever want to part with it, let me know.

It was originally one of those "Vandevelde" jerseys that were popping up on E-bay, when I got it the thing smelled musty and needed to be stripped.

After a little elbow grease and a lot of pleading with Mike I finally got one.

I doubt I'll part with it but if I do you'll be the 1st I hit up.

And thanks on the Vern, That jersey I actually picked up from the Flames equipment manager.

I was buying a bunch of stuff from River City Sports in the early 90's and when I told em I was looking for an old Flames they suggested I call the team, I don't know how I did it but I think I paid $100 for it way back when.

+1 for Mike's work. He is the freakin' man. Still need to figure out why all the crests on my Flyers jerseys come back tasting salty, however...

Gotta say, I had a crap-tastic week and you guys always bust me up.

I guess Simpsons go hand n hand with jersey nuts.

After the craziest Ebay communication & purchase I've ever heard of and the search for nameplate material answered by TMLFAN back in June (thank you sir)...then many, many weeks at Denver Athletic beginning with a disagreement with DA on whether '01 All Stars had nameplates (the knowledgeable jersey experts on this board & pics from the game itself were right - and DA, well...). Next, after a ruined then re-ordered avs shoulder patch, and a somehow missing then added captain's "C", I am finally the proud owner of my favorite jersey of all time. Thanks to TMLFAN for the material and BurnabyJoeSakic for the knowledge & expertise.

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

Its fraternal twin, a Sakic in replica North American blue, should be here by Christmas I think.

The 2000-01 World All-Star is one of my favorites also. It has that crazy collar that reminds me of a soccer jersey.

The 2000-01 World All-Star is one of my favorites also. It has that crazy collar that reminds me of a soccer jersey.

I really like the nameplates below the numbers. Congrats on finally getting your grail! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Totally agree. Love the uniqueness of the collar & name below the number, like soccer, and some international teams in hockey to tie into the "world" dimension of the games. Plus I love the color scheme of the '00-'01 ASGs. The red/blue contrast is great and I like how they reversed the scheme for the opposing team. Also, cool that about half of each starting lineup in the game was composed of Avs (or so it seemed :) ). Here's a few more pics----'cause I can't help being so pumped:

rsz_2img_3151.jpgrsz_img_3152.jpgrsz_img_3163.jpg

Thanks guys. Totally agree. Love the uniqueness of the collar & name below the number, like soccer...

It's a very nice jersey, but pls stop comparing a warrior's suite of armour to the blouses worn in the fruitiest sport ever.

"Hey coach, how do I learn to defend in soccer?"

"It's simple, Billy, simply grab your opponents junk as he tries to go around you..." -

2224432760105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2984359550105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

"...and of course, whenever a teamate successfully grabs another man's junk, you must congratulate him by either grabbing his junk, his buttocks, or simply by staring deep into his eyes, and then kissing him softly to further encourage homosexual tendencies, which, in turn, promote good soccer skills."

2843460540105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2220153530105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2351487130105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

Please note that these were the first 5 examples that came up doing a quick google search, and there are HUNDREDS more that I could have used...and let's not forgot about this little incident -

...aaaand back to new arrivals.

This one started out as a #13 GI Adam Mair which I got off of Kurt a fellow board member (thanks for the fine canvas bro). I stripped off all of the #3's, nameplate, and MeiGray tag and sent the jersey to Philly Express via the Flyers Skate Zone. Needless to say I am very excited to add this one to the collection. HARTNELLDOWN size 58 2.0!

2151741680105558261S600x600Q85.jpg

2558744400105558261S600x600Q85.jpg

The strip job went well. The rear stripping left only indentations and no glue residue. The sleeve #3's were a little pesky. They were glued on around the edges and left a light black outline in some areas on one sleeve. The #9's covered everything left by the #3's perfectly and the nameplate was obviously a bit longer. So success :thumbsup:

P.S. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOVE :noway:

It's a very nice jersey, but pls stop comparing a warrior's suite of armour to the blouses worn in the fruitiest sport ever.

"Hey coach, how do I learn to defend in soccer?"

"It's simple, Billy, simply grab your opponents junk as he tries to go around you..."

"...and of course, whenever a teamate successfully grabs another man's junk, you must congratulate him by either grabbing his junk, his buttocks, or simply by staring deep into his eyes, and then kissing him softly to further encourage homosexual tendencies, which, in turn, promote good soccer skills."

Please note that these were the first 5 examples that came up doing a quick google search, and there are HUNDREDS more that I could have used...and let's not forgot about this little incident -

...aaaand back to new arrivals.

Nice! Not really defending soccer or comparing it in any way to hockey myself here, which is by far a superior sport requiring far more skill, toughness, & stamina, etc. I think we'll agree. Was really just agreeing that I like the uniqueness of the collar on the '01 worlds and recognizing that soccer jerseys have collars too, an unusual feature on jerseys. Also trying to accept a compliment on my jersey, & not to get in the face of a fellow member (consider myself still pretty green to the hobby & new to the boards, so in turn don't feel I've earned the stripes to do so) even though I don't personally like soccer or soccer jerseys. Don't like any other jerseys than hockey, really.

Great post & pics, you made me laugh. Now, back to being pumped about my new jersey!