New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

Well I have some news here, Come Saturday, I may have my first authentic. I found a local seller, and am going to look/try the jersey on Saturday, if it like it, i buy it, and will finally have something to post here :D

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have some news here, Come Saturday, I may have my first authentic. I found a local seller, and am going to look/try the jersey on Saturday, if it like it, i buy it, and will finally have something to post here :D

What kind and team?

Just got this through, '75-'77 style Doug Laurie/Maska Habs road. Gonna strip it down and make it a Dryden '75-'76 with the sleeve numbers on the blue stripe (the Habs varied placement throughout the season) with the proper double layer twill (white on blue) and no name.

2v34io8.jpg

nxjomu.jpg

... and yes, the originals did have 1976 Montréal Olympics patches on the shoulders. Luckily I managed to procure a couple of originals :D :

34zgkrd.jpg

Nice! Is the Habs jersey an authentic or a replica?

A new jersey to be but you guys may have seen it before. Big thank you to thebiggoalie for hooking me up with this! No worries at all if you buy a jersey from this guy.

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

And while it's not hockey, it is a new arrival/collection! The jerseys are Russell authentics, the caps are NewEra 5950s. The white jersey has the inaugural season patch and the black is an unused prototype, differing from the on-field version in that it has the rainbow stripes on the one sleeve hem. The gradient pattern on the front patches are really something else.

IMG_0240.jpg

Nice! Is the Habs jersey an authentic or a replica?

Only a replica unfortunately, but I picked it up for $30. Plus, the material is pretty darn close to the original.

TWI, glad you like it. I would have held onto it, even after his trade, but I already have another one. Let's Go Rangers!

The Jagr jersey is awesome slim to many people hate him for no reason.

Some people actually have good reasons to hate him.

What he said.

Regardless, a white authentic Penguins jersey is quite a find since CCM remade the black ones, but never the white ones. Killer find.

I'm looking forward to seeing that Dryden done...nice project!

Thanks man, I'm not sure whether to got with a straight thread or zig-zag on the numbers, if anyone could help me out as to which one was used...

"That'd be greeeat."

lumbergh-office-space.jpg

What he said.

Can you please shed some light on this because I know people hate him for being arrogant but I don't know what he said to ###### people off so bad?

Thanks man, I'm not sure whether to got with a straight thread or zig-zag on the numbers, if anyone could help me out as to which one was used...

"That'd be greeeat."

Don't know about the numbers, but there is definitely a straight thread on the patches. Hope this helps, although this isn't game worn.

http://www.gameworna...ic-2359-78.html

Here's a 76-77 with a pretty good close up of the sleeve numbers and they have zig-zag stitching.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1976_77_Bob_Gainey_Montreal_Canadiens_Game_Worn_Jersey_Photo_Match_Stanley_Cup_Season-5383-128.html

Honestly I don't get the Jagr hate, aside from Caps fans.

I enjoyed watching Jags play for the Pens in the glory days and I enjoyed his time with the Rangers. I really liked his humor on the Rangers in post game interviews etc. Even his departure from the Rangers didn't bother me because frankly I didn't want to Rangers to spend the kind of money to keep him from going to the KHL.

Sucks he went to the Flyers, but once again they seemed to be the ones willing to give him what he wanted. Same with the Stars now.

As a Blackhawks fan who was robbed by Jagr, thanks for the reminder videos Slim :noway: - I understand why there is hate for him.

I have friends who are Pens fans and I do not understand how they can on hate him, there are lots of teams that would love every player that brought a cup to their city - let alone the city's first 2 cups.

We had Chelios who was a Chicago boy - that brought us zero cups - go to Detroit and win with them, and there are still people around that like him.