New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

Is that patch felt?

No, it's the same material as the jersey, kind of like a lightweight ultrafil.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grats Louis on yet another great Manny.

And great pickups Wooten, I had my eye on that Dubi but couldn't swing the price.

I love watching the Jackets now with so many former Rangers, it's going to be fun next season when they are competing in the same division.

Great recent pickups everyone.. Enjoy them!

Spring's here; might as well come out of hibernation

'88-89 Janney

Bruins8889HomeJanneyfront-vi.jpg

Welcome back Slim, I for one have missed ya. :ninja:

That's not the one I traded you is it?

I've got a question for all, I recently picked up a few jerseys from the mid 80's and the neck tags look like old chewing gum.

As fellow collectors, is it better to just cut them out or leave them in all chewed up???

Thoughts??

Definitely. I do the same thing. Just iron them and they'll be nice and sharp again.

Those properly done All-Star jerseys are the best. I love seeing them with the correct font on the back.

Is it even worthwhile when most of the ink has been washed out?

Yeah, I mean it at least looks nicer. I do it to my old ones to make them look nicer.

Welcome back Slim, I for one have missed ya. :ninja:

That's not the one I traded you is it?

I've got a question for all, I recently picked up a few jerseys from the mid 80's and the neck tags look like old chewing gum.

As fellow collectors, is it better to just cut them out or leave them in all chewed up???

Thoughts??

Ya, that's the one you traded me. Did I do good?

As far as the neck tag, I use my little steamer to just steam it limp, then put a heavy book flat on top. After a little while it's clean/crisp/flat. And no need to worry about the ink.

I won't take an iron to any jersey unless absolutely necessary.

IT'S MY LITTLE STEAMER!! :D

It's also great for removing faint outlines from strip jobs.

Finally got a couple of pick ups to post.

Shawn Antoski 1992/93

IMG_1547.jpgIMG_1548.jpg

Chris Tanev 3/16/2013 Millionaires Set 1

IMG_1549.jpgIMG_1550.jpg

Now the best part. I receive a letter from Steezyb with three signed photos, all addressed personally to "Samuel" (me). Now I didn't ask for these, nor was I expecting anything. Random acts of kindness man, nothing better in this day and age. Thanks again Stephen!

Left to Right - Luongo, Burrows, Vigneault

IMG_1551.jpg

Ya, that's the one you traded me. Did I do good?

The Janney turned out awesome!

I was gonna tip you to my new best friend for getting sig's out.

Clorox makes a bleach pen with a little brush on it.

I soak my jersey in Oxy -clean and then just go over the sig, wash and it's gone.

Looks like you already got it out so I guess it's to late.

Can't wait to see what the Black one turns into.

Now the best part. I receive a letter from Steezyb with three signed photos, all addressed personally to "Samuel" (me). Now I didn't ask for these, nor was I expecting anything. Random acts of kindness man, nothing better in this day and age. Thanks again Stephen!

Left to Right - Luongo, Burrows, Vigneault

IMG_1551.jpg

I do believe this should get more credit.....just goes to show that among the bickering there are still a lot of great people here!

Picked up some new ones these past 2 days.

Canadiens Reebok wordmark jersey. Going to make this a Plekanec or Eller.

006_zps57e0f6b3.jpg

1997-2000 Canucks Road with All Star patch. Going to be a Bure.

0032_zps18efc4a5.jpg

And 1990-97 Bure. The customization is off, I plan to add a Stanley Cup Finals patch into this and correct the customization.

0042_zps8b17f696.jpg

0052_zps9ac64ec6.jpg

I've never been a fan of the style but I sure did love this guy when he was a Ranger:

9971aStarterauthenticalternate-vi.jpg

9971bStarterauthenticalternate-vi.jpg

Good wear too. It's loaded with stick marks on the arms and along the waist. There are two fairly long whitish marks across the lower front up into the crest too. I'm trying to figure out if this was worn in the playoffs that year as well. I think it was because it's got a lot of wear on it and that would make sense since they played 9 road playoff games and wore this style for the duration. Although, this one would have only been worn up until Game 2 against New Jersey because that dildoface cocksucking fuckbag douchenozzle butthole John MacLean tomahawked him and broke his arm in Game 4, causing him to miss the remainder of the playoffs.

Not that I'm bitter about it at all.

Nice Sundstrom, Mike. I think that was one that I was eyeing up too. I really like your description. ;)