New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

You should probably just save the patch til whenever you get it customized. Great jersey and a rare one too, only wore that style for one season. Lots of great choices for players if you ever opt to get it done up. Exclusive Pro and Cutting Edge can customize them beautifully.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to snipe this at the last minute on eBay last week:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330894945766?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

It showed up today with some tool McDonnell's name on it(obviously) and a lousy set of 2's. Lucky for me, I had a spare Leetch just lying around! So, I did the only thing any decent, red-blooded American SHOULD do and turned it into a Brian Leetch Salt Lake City Olympics jersey with the stitched name:

alTeamcirca20021aNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

alTeamcirca20021bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

I think that puts me at six Leetch USA jerseys now.

Haha I had a solid laugh at "some tool McDonnell's name". The jersey came out really nice. Good work man.

The first of today's arrivals is my first true regular season innaugural Preds jersey. I'll never turn down a first year gamer and this was a great deal.

Jeff Daniels 1998-99 Game Worn Home Predators Jersey

Got some decent stick/puck marks, mostly on the back. He didnt skate in a lot of games that year but he had a pretty solid NHL career.

daniels-b.jpgdaniels-f.jpg

And now the last 2 arrivals in the "Hershey refocus" of my collection. I gotta say, it was quite the bummer to sell of a lot of my authentic collection but getting these gamers makes it more than worthwhile and the Hershey alumni collection is off to a great start.

Peter Budaj 2005-06 Game Worn Rookie Set 2 Home Avalanche Jersey

A real nice rookie jersey from a guy who put in 3 solid years of work in Hershey. Its got a lot of puck marks and the Avs 10th anniversary patch is a really nice touch to this.

budaj-b.jpgbudaj-f.jpg

And the one I've really been waiting for:

Alex Tanguay 2011-12 Game Worn Alternate Set Flames Jersey

This is my favorite jersey in the league since the lockout and this was the perfect reason to get one. Tanguay didn't play for Hershey for too long but he did nonetheless. Lots of stick/puck marks, snags and some weird damage to the crest. Absolutely love this thing.

tanguay-b.jpgtanguay-f.jpg

The concept of a throwback is a bit odd, but for some reason, it always has me longing for a time I wasn't around for.

However, I do enjoy the trend in the league (and at the very least, amongst the original six) to keep the concept simple and to use designs from shirts worn decades ago. It's true of the striping and design of the Bruins, Blackhawks, Canadiens, Rangers, and Maple Leafs shirts (and Detroit hasn't changed much in 70 some-odd years). The Kings played it nicely with the Forum Blue alternates, and the Flames shirts look very sharp with the design template from the 80's shirts. Same goes for the Caps and the Penguins (at least for the '08 powder blue WC shirts).

The original bright colors and the straight-forward templates really do make a lasting impression. In more recent years, especially with the Edge system being put into place, teams seemed to want to make their shirts so futuristic that they ended up looking too busy and unappealing. It seems similar what happened when teams rolled out edgy new alternate jerseys for '96 - we ended up with monstrosities like the Pooh Bear, the Robo Pen, and the god-forsaken Wild Wing (for crying out loud, there is a cartoon duck in goalie pads wearing a Mighty Ducks jersey... on a Mighty Ducks jersey).

Oh, and this...

StLouisBluesAlt96.jpg

Jeff wrote about this one in his blog: http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/08/1995-96-st-louis-blues-wayne-gretzky.html

There is something about the triple stripe on the arms and the hem, and simple color contrast between layers of the shirt that make a design right. Less is more.

I think that puts me at six Leetch USA jerseys now.

I'll trade you a sasquatch-sized Alex Rodriguez jersey and a game used syringe for one :thumbsup:

Seriously though, great pickup.

Jeff Daniels 1998-99 Game Worn Home Predators Jersey

Got some decent stick/puck marks, mostly on the back. He didnt skate in a lot of games that year but he had a pretty solid NHL career.

Oh man he was hilarious in Dumb and Dumber. Did you find any Cam Neely spit on it?

This one arrived a while ago.

2002-2003 Olli Jokinen Team Issued. This had a Meigray Game Worn Tag on the inside hem, as you can see from the first picture. Thanks to Paavo (R123) for this.

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

Tom sestito game worn set 1 warmup and first period

75BC10B1-82BA-44B9-B7C9-704EBF997137-313

15C9C566-297E-44A6-B071-525C6B5D79BB-313

Funny I looked through the team photo that came with the loa and I didn't see him in it

Nice

jersey :lol:

Seriously though, those Millionaires jerseys are great, grats to those who snagged one.

Not as cool as the Vancouver millionaires jerseys but my first old burgandy third from the avs but I did order my ryan o'reilly home burgandy #90 today can't wait to get that one

Been a while but snagged this almost 2 months ago, after many issues with the seller it's now in my hands. Not sure if I want to try to remove the autograph or but for $100 I thought it was a steal (interesting note, he actually played in my hometown back in the 80's when we had the Jets AHL team)

P1030115_zps73c16fe3.jpg

P1030116_zps328d8f91.jpg

Been a busy last month collecting jerseys Thanks to Brandon and Cowboys for the help getting the Isles and Strome... Here are a bunch of Authentics

Islanders Chara Wave

DSC04588_zps086ece94.jpg

DSC04589_zps16cbd5de.jpg

Bobby Ryan Portland Pirates

DSC04581_zpsfbfa91d6.jpg

DSC04582_zps971b8e2c.jpg

David Backes Blues

DSC04575_zpscd443776.jpg

DSC04576_zpsc9c74b20.jpg

Niagara Ice Dogs Ryan Strome

photo_3_zps35f7e1ae.jpg

photo_4_zps6f8299be.jpg

Finally 2 Gameworns I am excited to have in my collection

Andrey Pedan Guelph Storm 11-12 Isles 3rd round pick that just signed his ELC Great Wear

DSC04569_zps8e533042.jpg

DSC04570_zps992f88b1.jpg

Vancouver Millionaires Set 2 Period 2 and 3 Andrew Alberts

photo_1_zpsb223c26d.jpg

photo_2_zpsfd2f3651.jpg