New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to get in on the Crunch action since everyone else was and add to my Dan LaCosta collection at the same time. You can see my full LaCosta Collection here: https://plus.google.com/photos/112286647907189702857/albums/5705863142462965185?banner=pwa

First is a 2009-2010 game worn Crunch jersey. This jersey has very good wear and a large repair next to the crest that I was able to photo match.

P1010233.JPG

P1010236.JPG

Lacosta%2520Photo%2520Match%25201.13.10.f.JPG

Next is a preseason 3rd/theme game worn Crunch jersey. Not sure of the year yet but I think it is from the 2008 preseason. One odd thing about it is that the name is heat press vinyl onto a twill name plate. I have this same jersey in a 2.0 Edge but this 6100 version is much nicer looking.

P1010242.JPG

P1010241.JPG

I haven't posted anything new for quite a while. This is my most recent fetch, it's been on my wantlist for years.

Wow! mine too man!

Love it.

Pretty happy to add this to the collection, its one of my favorite current thirds out there. Clean and simple.

Thanks to PhilTheThrill for this, I am going to leave it as is:

The irony of a Skille jersey from a Fill Kessel fan. :lol:

Blues Starter mesh:

It's both the alternate for 97/98 and the home for 98/99. Very nice jersey.

Thanks! I wanted to ask if your EDGE Kopitar had a nameplate?

Nice Moose jerseys! Where did you get those? I need them in my collection. By the way. does anyone know on which years did the Moose use that green jersey made by Reebok?

The AHL used Reebok 6100's in the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons. In 07-08, they switched to the Edge when the NHL did. SP made the jerseys from the 2000-01 to 04-05 season, and Bauer (made by SP) from 1993(?) to 2000.

First is a 2009-2010 game worn Crunch jersey. This jersey has very good wear and a large repair next to the crest that I was able to photo match.

I hope I am not confusing you with another member, but you have had great success photo matching your jerseys.

Excellent work!

Thanks! I wanted to ask if your EDGE Kopitar had a nameplate?

It should if it is an 07/08.

If it is an 09/10 it doesn't need a plate.

Frolo still played for the Kings that season.

I haven't posted anything new for quite a while. This is my most recent fetch, it's been on my wantlist for years.

Wow! mine too man!

Love it.

I wanted to go the 1997 way because I think the 1997 AS patch looks way better on this jersey. But it's quite hard to find the right patch and Lemieux didn't wear the "A". The jersey itself is still on my wantlist bcause I really need to add another Lindros :D

I hope I am not confusing you with another member, but you have had great success photo matching your jerseys.

Excellent work!

Yeah I have been lucky and been able to photo match a number of my jerseys. I have found that flicker is a great place to look for photos and most of the time the photos are very high res.

Nice pickup on the Lemieux All-Star jersey. Very nice.

Funny about that Panthers alternate. It's really quite sharp and the team just hates the heck out of it and can't wait to forget it ever existed for some reason. Yea, it could have used some red in it, but I've always thought the light blue / dark blue combo was a good color scheme.

The 98-99 jersey was actually a CCM

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blues/Blues14.html

So the jersey pictured is the 97-98 alternate jersey

Actually the Blues did wear Starter in 98-99:

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blues/Blues1998-99.html

On NHLuniforms.com you need to go to the specific year, the overall pages for the teams aren't always accurate for tagging, just jersey styles. The link you provided was for a 9 year span where the overall style didn't change.

For example, this page shows that the Red Wings style didn't really change from 1986-2007: http://www.nhluniforms.com/RedWings/RedWings17.html

However there were many different manufacturers and tagging changes in that 20 year span that you can see if you look at the individual years.

The 98-99 jersey was actually a CCM

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blues/Blues14.html

So the jersey pictured is the 97-98 alternate jersey

The site clearly shows it is a Starter. Here's a Starter 98-99 gamer you can look at (actually the blue version of the same model jersey):

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=54&lotid=524

I actually patterned my own jersey after this very same one, which I posted on page 14 of this thread. These Starter mesh jerseys are really cool; the material and finish are very nice.

It should if it is an 07/08.

If it is an 09/10 it doesn't need a plate.

Frolo still played for the Kings that season.

So how would I be able to tell from which year is the jersey from and did they sell blank edge jerseys for the 07-08 season?

The site clearly shows it is a Starter. Here's a Starter 98-99 gamer you can look at (actually the blue version of the same model jersey):

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=54&lotid=524

I actually patterned my own jersey after this very same one, which I posted on page 14 of this thread. These Starter mesh jerseys are really cool; the material and finish are very nice.

Oh man I love this jersey, it feels so nice that I just want to cuddle with it :)

So how would I be able to tell from which year is the jersey from and did they sell blank edge jerseys for the 07-08 season?

I think most of the retails (1.0's) were made in 2007. At least the born-on stickers on mine all have this date. Remember that Reebok got stuck with all these after they changed the gamers to 2.0's , so I doubt they would have made a lot more after this date- they have been trying to get rid of them since then. Your jersey is customized for 2009/10 but technically it's not the same as the gamer because the gamer is a 2.0. Frolov probably used a 1.0 in 2007/08, but then the jersey would have had a nameplate. All of us face the same dilemma customizing 1.0's because technically the jersey wasn't exactly the same as what the players were using on-ice. Personally I don't worry about what year the jersey was manufactured in, as long as the customization matches with the correct jersey model.

Picked up the white Czech Jersey recently, and dug the other out of storage since signing him...Thanks to Truman at "GameDay Sports Archives" for the kit...

Dedicated to the #1 Jagr Fan on this fourm...

2900049280106460649KWZrnD_th.jpg

2349125520106460649WcYxlJ_th.jpg

I have the white version of this can you send me the place that did the kit I am looking to get one thanks

Nice pickup on the Lemieux All-Star jersey. Very nice.

Funny about that Panthers alternate. It's really quite sharp and the team just hates the heck out of it and can't wait to forget it ever existed for some reason. Yea, it could have used some red in it, but I've always thought the light blue / dark blue combo was a good color scheme.

Agreed 100%. It is so clean and simple. Plus the font is a little different, but is simplistic in design. Its a gorgeous jersey IMO.

Who can point me in the right direction on obtaining a nameplate for this Felix Potvin jersey? Also correct me if I'm wrong this is a 92-93 and the reason I say that is because the tag says Ultrafil. I read somewhere that they stopped wrighting Ultrafil on the newer versions?

_DSC0129.jpg

_DSC0128.jpg

08-09 Huston Aeros Tomas Mojzis gamer with their 15 year patch on the back. I always wanted one and here it is. Next up is going to be a CHL Kamloops Blazers.

_DSC0127.jpg

_DSC0126.jpg

Who can point me in the right direction on obtaining a nameplate for this Felix Potvin jersey? Also correct me if I'm wrong this is a 92-93 and the reason I say that is because the tag says Ultrafil. I read somewhere that they stopped wrighting Ultrafil on the newer versions?

Gameday Sports Archives in Toronto has blue ultrafil plates and the correct font for that jersey (LOTS of customizers mess it up). I had them do up my Gilmour Leafs. EPS also has ultrafil but I'm not sure if they have the correct font.

Like everyone said, gameday will do up a proper nameplate. You are right about the tagging as well, the ultrafil tag in the neck wasn't used on the newer ultrafils.