New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Picked this one up last night from a local collector.

Mikael Renberg 1996-1997 regular season gamer. Nike size 56 with moderate wear. The pictures do not do it justice.

2797991040105558261S600x600Q85.jpg

2011583970105558261S600x600Q85.jpg

The front features loose stitching in the collar, numerous black markings throughout, and dried blood stains toward the top above the crest. There are 5 slash marks on the crest and a 2'' repair on the bottom left side. Heavy blood staining over the 2'' repair and splattered throughout the lower left side. The left sleeve has various stick marks and a 1'' burn over the #9. There are 6 burns in the elbow area along with a 1'' team repair. The left cuff has two unrepaired holes as well. The right sleeve features burns over the #19 has a 1'' repair. There is another 1'' repair in the elbow area and another large board burn. In addition, the cuff area has four burns. The rear of the jersey has numerous black markings at the bottom and some blood splatters.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooten when that jersey was up on eBay I did some research and from what I could find I think it might have been an Upper Deck made jersey. I had found some other examples of jerseys without retail tagging and the NHLPA tag that came from them.

And it would not have been from the YSG because it does not have a YSG patch.

Can you email me some links? I understand the young stars gamers had a patch, but of course, patches could be removed or never applied depending on the purpose. I thought it could be a backup of some kind, or more likely, something special auctioned off at the game or during the weekend (or given away).

definitely a jersey made for upper deck . These were made in limited run for the "young guns" game. Still pretty rare

How were they sold? Or were they made specifically to be cut up for cards or something? Who would 'make' them for Upper Deck?

Can you email me some links? I understand the young stars gamers had a patch, but of course, patches could be removed or never applied depending on the purpose. I thought it could be a backup of some kind, or more likely, something special auctioned off at the game or during the weekend (or given away).

How were they sold? Or were they made specifically to be cut up for cards or something? Who would 'make' them for Upper Deck?

It could have been given away via redemptions inserted into packs of cards.

It would not be the first time......the first instance of this was donruss in 1997 I believe, where they had redemptions in packs for Lindros memorabilia (signed pucks and jerseys)

Be a player also did this with their "Be A Player Authentix" line where they had signed jerseys from various players

I have seen one seller on eBay have three of these ones for sale (a fedorov, Theodore, and kariya)

Possibly something similar in the case with upper deck

The same seller that had this also had an Avs Tanguay with the NHLPA on the hem as well

thanks for the help. It sounds like it's at least what I hoped it would be, something kind of interesting and different that is relatively uncommon, if not rare.

The fact that it's Klesla, and a #44 Klesla at that makes it neat for this jersey collector. Always liked that kid.

I haven't posted in a while but I have a few jersey coming. Here's one that I picked up back in December. An authentic Rimouski Oceanic gamer from 2003-04. I believe this is the same jersey Sidney Crosby wore in his first season in QMJHL. It is my first authentic CHL jersey and it is much nicer than the retail replica London Knights jersey I own. The jersey is a size 58, made of ultrafil, and everything is stitched on, except the CHL logo on the back hem which is embroidered. Jersey has some puck/stick marks, slight board burns, and some drops of blood. I've wanted an authentic Oceanic jersey for some time now. Glad I was able to get a gamer for so cheap.

6867619645_ec46a7d38c.jpg6867624337_49dfc4a325.jpg

John I tried to find the links again and now I can not find them. I will try again and see if I can come up with something. Still its a neat jersey.

im 99% sure that Niemi is fake, the laces are wrong, the numbers on the chest are wrong, the shoulder patches look wrong, and its not contoured at all like an authentic edge.

Pick this up at the game last night. 2009-2010 Set 1 David Liffiton Preseason game worn jersey. I was not going to buy this but I noticed it was the last 09-10 jersey the team still had for sale so I asked to check it out. I found it interesting because for a one game jersey it is covered in board/stick burns, is a 58+ and has hemmed sleeves. Also I did not have an unpatched home edge jersey in my collection and the price was right.

Interesting fact about Liffiton is that he is with Colorado this year and scored his first NHL goal vs the Jackets.

P1010247.JPG

P1010251.JPG

P1010248.JPG

P1010250.JPG

im 99% sure that Niemi is fake, the laces are wrong, the numbers on the chest are wrong, the shoulder patches look wrong, and its not contoured at all like an authentic edge.

That's what I was thinking. The vector is wrong too.

Non-NHL Juniors gameworn jerseys are a very good bargain. Usually much cheaper than you could do yourself buying an authentic and getting it customized.

Definitely! I paid more for my London Knight's replica from River City than I did for the Rimouski Oceanic gamer. I guess the only issue with gamers is that I'll have a player I never knew anything about but I really collect CHL jerseys for how they look. For less than $50, the price is way less than what the jersey would have retailed for. Glad the seller was really desperate to clean out old stock before the holidays.

Off topic with this question, but anyone know a good place to get replacement laces for collars of jerseys? I have a college gamer but of course it arrived without the black laces that go on the collar. I would really like to make the jersey complete again.

please invest some of the money youre spending on fakes into a digital camera!

Relax man, he probably didn't know. No need to yell at the dude for his camera, too. The Niemi is definitely a fake, I hope he learns why and avoids it in the future. That is one of the purposes of this forum; education.

Relax man, he probably didn't know. No need to yell at the dude for his camera, too. The Niemi is definitely a fake, I hope he learns why and avoids it in the future. That is one of the purposes of this forum; education.

That guy has been picking up fake jerseys like Flyers fans picking up venereal diseases.

That guy has been picking up fake jerseys like Flyers fans picking up venereal diseases.

LOL! The analogy is a little far fetched, but it's true. He's been posting fakes left and right. I don't know whether he legitimately doesn't know (in which case he should ask here before buying, duh) or he thinks we won't notice.

So he hasn't gotten any? Because I have none :P

IIHF, I wasn't attacking you man, just trying not to scare away new blood is all haha.

Well I did see he asked about this one in the is it good or not thread, so hopefully he's trying to learn.

thanks for the help. It sounds like it's at least what I hoped it would be, something kind of interesting and different that is relatively uncommon, if not rare.

The fact that it's Klesla, and a #44 Klesla at that makes it neat for this jersey collector. Always liked that kid.

Definitely a unique jersey.....congrats on the pickup.....you won't find that in a gamer or retail authentic that's for sure....

LOL! The analogy is a little far fetched, but it's true. He's been posting fakes left and right. I don't know whether he legitimately doesn't know (in which case he should ask here before buying, duh) or he thinks we won't notice.

Well it's actually because I haven't known. The Boyes jersey is legit by the way, it's an RBK Premier I picked up from Ebay. And I promise to start taking pics of the jerseys with a digital camera (I do have one).

I made a decision to focus solely on the blank jerseys. That way I at least know what I'm getting.

Well it's actually because I haven't known. The Boyes jersey is legit by the way, it's an RBK Premier I picked up from Ebay. And I promise to start taking pics of the jerseys with a digital camera (I do have one).

I made a decision to focus solely on the blank jerseys. That way I at least know what I'm getting.

Don't shy away from customized jerseys for the fear of getting a fake, just ask people first. People here are very willing to let you if they think it's a fake or not and a lot are very good at it. You wouldn't want to pass up a steal of a deal on a player you really like just because you don't want to risk getting a fake, just ask. If you are scared someone will buy it while you wait for a response send me a pm and I'll try to help you out (I'm not 100% but the guys here have tought me lots over the past year I've been here) and I check the board usually every couple hours (except when I'm sleeping, yes I know I have a problem lol). Some people aren't as tackful at responding as others but don't let it get to ya

Don't shy away from customized jerseys for the fear of getting a fake, just ask people first. People here are very willing to let you if they think it's a fake or not and a lot are very good at it. You wouldn't want to pass up a steal of a deal on a player you really like just because you don't want to risk getting a fake, just ask. If you are scared someone will buy it while you wait for a response send me a pm and I'll try to help you out (I'm not 100% but the guys here have tought me lots over the past year I've been here) and I check the board usually every couple hours (except when I'm sleeping, yes I know I have a problem lol). Some people aren't as tackful at responding as others but don't let it get to ya

That shouldn't be a problem because we are on different continents (I live in Finland). I just lost a bid for an authentic Steve Yzerman CCM because I was outbid when I was sleeping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280819434153?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1433.l2649&_trksid=p3984.m1433.l2649#ht_920wt_952

I thought the same thing. The name has that fat white font I see all the time on fake Blackhawks jerseys.

Take that!