2012 ASG Jerseys on Sale

LAK74

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The front crest is embroidered but not sewn on, and the stars on the jersey are heat pressed on I believe.

The stars on the authentic are as thin as aluminum foil- one of the points on one of the stars was starting to peel off before I even took the jersey out of the bag. They don't look like they would survive even one washing. I might even have EPS sew down the edges of all 8 of the stars. Any thoughts on this?

The stars on the authentic are as thin as aluminum foil- one of the points on one of the stars was starting to peel off before I even took the jersey out of the bag. They don't look like they would survive even one washing. I might even have EPS sew down the edges of all 8 of the stars. Any thoughts on this?

I think that's actually an excellent idea.

And no problem NYIJM, need to learn your birth name lol.

He goes by Jewels

Well, there has to be some jewels hiding somewhere in LI, God knows they're not at the Coliseum...

The name's just justice, brah *high fives Kurt*. I took some pics in case anyone's interested of my 3 layer kit from EPS. Looking at it again, I'm really happy with it, might stay this route. I tried to get some closeups and some width shots so you can really get a feel for it:

HPIM2822.jpg

HPIM2823.jpg

HPIM2824.jpg

HPIM2819.jpg

HPIM2820.jpg

HPIM2821.jpg

Yea, I'm definitely going to go 3-layer on mine.

What are you guys doing for the Flyers logo patch (for those who are ordering them)?

You know, in looking at it, I'm a little confused. How does sublimation work? Because the little lines going across the 2 almost are rougher in texture than the twill, and are imperfect in a few spots (almost looks like deodorant smears). Is this how sublimation usually works or should it be a different process I don't quite understand? You can see what I'm talking about in the second pic, look at the wide line towards the bottom.

DSL, SportsK.

The sublimation is all one texture, its like straight up printed on there.

153odph.jpg

The printed inner stitching is completely smooth, cant feel it at all

That's weird. So it feels like just a sheet of twill?

Hmm, very interesting. You know, I think I've lost it.

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps.

You know, in looking at it, I'm a little confused. How does sublimation work? Because the little lines going across the 2 almost are rougher in texture than the twill, and are imperfect in a few spots (almost looks like deodorant smears). Is this how sublimation usually works or should it be a different process I don't quite understand? You can see what I'm talking about in the second pic, look at the wide line towards the bottom.

DSL, SportsK.

Hmmm... I just hate that huge black border on the patch. What size is that? I have one of these, from a seller on eBay, that I'm debating using, but can't decide if it will be too big.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philadelphia-Flyers-NHL-Hockey-Jacket-Patch-Crest-/170415244168?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27ad8a4388

I'm also debating getting a real 2012 All Star patch to have put on, since the one on the replica is the printed stuff.

Hmmm... I just hate that huge black border on the patch. What size is that? I have one of these, from a seller on eBay, that I'm debating using, but can't decide if it will be too big.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27ad8a4388

I'm also debating getting a real 2012 All Star patch to have put on, since the one on the replica is the printed stuff.

Dan i actually have that on my watch list too...i think i'll probably order that. Its as close as it gets IMO.

I picked one of those up to compare to my national emblem one. I'll post comparison pics when they show up.

Dan i actually have that on my watch list too...i think i'll probably order that. Its as close as it gets IMO.

I've ordered from that seller several times. Highly recommended. Quick shipping, great communication.

I have both of what they have listed as "Flyers All Star Patch" and "Flyers Jacket Patch"... the jacket patch looks best to me, as the All Star patch's wings aren't even. They say they've ordered from overstock from other companies though. Who knows.

I think the jacket patch is a really close representation, and laying it on top of the Ottawa All Star logo on my XL All Star jersey, it looks like a good size match, but I wasn't sure what everyone was going for since I am not the most experienced person here.

I did that with my ASG replica from last year. The embroidered patch looks a hell of a lot better. I hate those screened patches.

Heads up, EPS says turn around time is roughly 3 weeks on the all star kits.

Heads up, EPS says turn around time is roughly 3 weeks on the all star kits.

Are they just kits or do they offer the actual stitching as well if you send in your jersey?

Are they just kits or do they offer the actual stitching as well if you send in your jersey?

They do the stitching as well. When I had my ASG done by them last year it was around $65 for the kit and the stitching. But they will charge around $3.50 extra to sew on the team patch, and at least that much more to strip off a screened (replica) patch and sew on an authentic patch, if you decide to do that.